PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat 125 How to make it go faster ??

Deadmanwonderlandx
08-05-2020, 06:48 AM
So I'm new to bikes this is actually my first bike I've ever owned. I tried looking up performance mods and I came across some terms . Upgrading carbs , jetting , air intake , exhaust , sprockets , etc. I'm not 100% sure what all these mean and what I would exactly need to install in order to get my bike to go faster.

So far I ordered :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS6M3W8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_J4OkFbY39R80Z

And

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017SJO94S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-4OkFbVXNYZBF

Any tips or advice is very appreciated thank you guys

Deckard_Cain
08-05-2020, 09:54 AM
First.... faster? Or quicker?

There's a difference and choosing one or the other, or deciding to balance the two are key to deciding how to proceed.

Deadmanwonderlandx
08-05-2020, 09:59 AM
My bike currently stock tops out at 45 maybe 50 on a downhill I wanted a higher top speed and maybe some better responsiveness.

RedCrowRides
08-05-2020, 10:16 AM
If you want more top end then the easiest way is to switch the front sprocket to a 17 tooth ., it will also make the super low granny first gear actually usable . The carb and jets will also help tho and is a worthwhile upgrade, it will definitely help with better throttle response once you get it jetted right.

if you go with an exhaust, make sure you search for Honda DAX or original Honda Monkey exhausts, NOT Grom or the NEW Monkey , they have exhaust ports that have a different angle and will not fit.

Deadmanwonderlandx
08-05-2020, 12:44 PM
Is that a bigger or smaller sprocket than what comes out it what does that do exactly ? Also I only ordered the main jets I'm assuming they are sort of like fuel injectors with bigger sizes allowing for more fuel ? Someone said a good setup was what you said the sprocket change , carb upgrade , with a 105 jet etc

Deadmanwonderlandx
08-05-2020, 12:45 PM
I also read with these upgrades you can get up to 65mph is that true ?

Big Bird
08-05-2020, 04:02 PM
I also read with these upgrades you can get up to 65mph is that true ?55 would be more realistic on flat road. Not gonna say it's not possible. Maybe with a super light weight small rider. You really do start fighting the wind at about 55 though.