PDA

View Full Version : New carburetor

Hirales
08-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Can anybody help me figure out how to put this on i just got in today and have no clue what goes where and what pieces I dont need if someone could help 9t would be greatly appreciated

dirtbkr188
08-12-2020, 07:47 PM
If you took the carb out of the box and it looks exactly like the picture above, you have to remove the intake manifold and flip it around 180°. The carb is upside-down in the pic above.

Hirales
08-12-2020, 08:27 PM
If you took the carb out of the box and it looks exactly like the picture above, you have to remove the intake manifold and flip it around 180°. The carb is upside-down in the pic above.

Ok i have it like this so far but I do not know where all the houses are suspost to go

Bruces
08-12-2020, 09:32 PM
Did the original carb not look very much the same ?the hoses go in pretty much the same locations .The one from the tank goes to the vertical nipple beside the pink hose in the picture you posted above ,and the other hose is the bowl drain which goes on the bottom of the carb .

Hirales
08-12-2020, 10:23 PM
Here's another picture

Hirales
08-12-2020, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=Bruces;344392]Did the original carb not look very much the same ?the hoses go in pretty much the same locations .The one from the tank goes to the vertical nipple beside the pink hose in the picture you posted above ,and the other hose is the bowl drain which goes on the bottom of the carb

No they don't look nothing alike there were alot more hoses on the original carb. I put to gas hose next to the pink one that you mentioned and the drain one on the bottom thats just on clamp thats on the engine there kn the picture. But where does that pink hose go thats next to the gas?

Bruces
08-12-2020, 11:12 PM
It’s just a vent ,it doesn’t go anywhere ,just attach it like the original picture shows

Hirales
08-13-2020, 02:25 PM
It’s just a vent ,it doesn’t go anywhere ,just attach it like the original picture shows

So the pink one is just a vent or should I hook up this hose to it. If not do you know where this hose is supposed to go

Bruces
08-13-2020, 03:30 PM
That’s an emissions hose ,it should go straight into the garbage unless you need it to be legal where you live .

Hirales
08-13-2020, 03:44 PM
That’s an emissions hose ,it should go straight into the garbage unless you need it to be legal where you live .

Ok so just take the hose off all the way

Hirales
08-13-2020, 03:53 PM
Or can I just zip tie it to the frame

Bruces
08-13-2020, 04:20 PM
You can do what you wish with it ,I don’t see the point in riding around with extra junk on your bike that isn’t connected anymore ,but if you like it by all means zip tie it to the frame and once a year you can buy it a birthday cake or a dozen roses if you prefer .

Bruces
08-13-2020, 04:24 PM
Looking at your pictures it appears you haven’t checked your valve clearances yet ,judging by the perfect paint on the valve cover caps ,you might want to figure that out next if you actually want to ride your bike with it running well .

Hirales
08-13-2020, 05:05 PM
Looking at your pictures it appears you haven’t checked your valve clearances yet ,judging by the perfect paint on the valve cover caps ,you might want to figure that out next if you actually want to ride your bike with it running well .

What do you mean by the valve clearance where is that at

Bruces
08-13-2020, 07:03 PM
On your bike it’s actually in 2 places and probably at zero .You should be able to google valve clearance adjustment for a Honda z50 ,just do what it says and you will be fine .

Hirales
08-13-2020, 07:50 PM
On your bike it’s actually in 2 places and probably at zero .You should be able to google valve clearance adjustment for a Honda z50 ,just do what it says and you will be fine .

Ok do you know what size they should be at

Bruces
08-13-2020, 08:31 PM
Yes ,I know what they should be set at .

Hirales
08-13-2020, 08:37 PM
Could u tell me....

Bruces
08-13-2020, 08:57 PM
It’s .002 but if you googled the info above I told you to look at you would of known that .i am trying to help you help yourself instead of begging for help .The engine design in your bike has been around since the 60’s ,and is very basic and very good ,and also a good unit to learn a little about how engines and motorcycles work .I did my first valve adjustment on one of those when I was about 8 years old ,I went to the library looked at the manual then went home and did it .You have it easy ,you don’t have to go to the library anymore .