PDA

View Full Version : KPM 200 Resource thread

Falkon45
09-16-2020, 10:54 AM
PastorCZO:
Found a place for replacement parts
https://kpclubusa.com/collections/kpm-200

Okay, since the KPM 200 (LF200-3B) basically has an updated version of the NBf-2, and is a fairly new model, I decided to compile a resource list. Basically, instead of searching through my poorly named thread that most newcomers won't associate with what I'm doing, I'll make this one more appropriate.

Anyway, with everything I've found so far, Here's what's what.

Exhaust:

I have confirmed that the KPMOTO-Club exhaust works on this bike. It's kinda tight, but not hard to install. Just don't be afraid to force a few things here and there.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07RQNQ249/ref=nosim/refuge08-20

https://photos.app.goo.gl/inAND72b25C89mi48

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JfMxkxuEC9qkndKVA

Engine:

So, as I've stated before, the engine comes with two oil strainers. A coarse and fine strainer. But, if you don't think that's enough, I have found oil filters that may work: Fram ch6015-04
K&N KN-112 (confirmed fitment 3-12-2021)

Oil filter cross reference:
https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/fram/ch6015

I haven't tested them yet, but I have 637 miles on the bike as of now. At 1200, I'll pop in the filter, and at 2400, I'll take it out and compare the first two oil change pictures. I'll also try and note any problems or power loss/gains I'm currently using Mobil 1 4T racing 10w-40. I'll use that same oil for the filter to strainer comparisons, then I'll switch to Castol 10w-50 4T

Here's some pictures of the oil change, and filters that could possibly work. In the filter pictures, the KN-131 is just there for size comparison.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z3k1FxixEXpvHcJh8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fC5YusCp8xQRUDyu9

K&N KN-112 filter install :
Also, the engine did come with a Magnetic Drain plug, so no need to go looking for one, unless you just want a different color, or aluminum.

Suspension:

Ok, these DO NOT come with a shock tool. You'll have to find one on your own.
Edit: I've found that the ER32 sized shock tool works. Here's the multi set I bought
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KD6RF8N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_AHW2VXY8JJSW0YC4VS6N?_enco ding=UTF8&psc=1

The shock is pre-load adjustable and a two piece progressive spring setup. The fork is not adjustable. I really wish they'd fix the wording on that, because they make it sound like the fork is adjustable also. For us heavier guys, even with the pre-load maxed out, we'll still have too much sag. I'm trying to find measurements on the shock so I can see what can be removed from other bikes to fit, or for what size you will need for aftermarket shocks. I'll post links to any adjustment tools I find that can work.

For the swingarm spools, they take M8 or 8MM spools. These are readily available just about everywhere.

(NOTE: It seems as if the scrambler tires are no longer sold. The chinese market bikes may no longer be sold as scramblers anymore, and are more inline with what we get. tire links no longer work.)

Tire sizes are 100/80/17 front and 130/70/17 rear. These are CST tires, and I have found the scrambler replacement tires here:

/_yoycart_com/Product/625795363910
/_yoycart_com/Product/625795599556

The spoked wheels, if you want them, are here too:
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/615123023887/

I've not found the street tires the American bikes get. I'll be stepping up to 110/70/17 and 140/70/17 bridgestone S20 tires, but I was able to find the original tire size at Motosport.com and Revzilla.com.

Brakes:

FA197HH front and FA629HH rear. The front brakes are for a ninja 300, so any Ninja 300 pads should work. The rears are for a Grom, so there's a good place to look also.

Miscellaneous:

Rear racks, backrests, shifter and brake levers, and all kinds of goodies are found under this search.

https://www.yoycart.com/Search?SearchText=kpm200&catId=0&p=1

https://www.yoycart.com/Search?SearchText=lifan+kpm+200&catId=0&p=1 UPDATE: Updated search results for yoyocart

If you want a more cafe racer look:

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/616455251080/

This list will be updated as more things are figured out.

Please feel free to add any information you have to it also.

JerryHawk250
09-16-2020, 11:32 AM
Good info! Nice to have this all in one place. :tup:

culcune
09-16-2020, 12:35 PM
Sticky, maybe?

'Dorito' from the 'Dorito and the Luchababre' YouTube channel had mentioned the engine being a slightly upgraded NBF engine. It makes sense because on the EPA/DOT certification, the KPM200 is on its own certificate whereas the KP/KPR200 are on a different certificate, and if I remember correctly, there is a 1 or 2 horsepower difference noted in the details on the EPA/DOT spreadsheet. Slightly off-topic, the 'New' KPMini 150 also has an upgraded 150cc engine as noted on its EPA/DOT certification. Also off-topic but Lifan related, American Lifan's Facebook page teased, once again, the KPT200 adv-style bike, which could be an interesting alternative as a trail bike (vs. the common dual-sports and the Zongshen RX3 which seems a little large and heavy as a trail bike) if American Lifan actually brings it in. We already know the engine is EPA/DOT certified in both NBF and NBF 2 form, so, American Lifan--yes please!

KPM200ba
09-23-2020, 08:09 PM
Great job, this is just what I needed to know. Thank you.

gr4321
10-14-2020, 12:43 AM
Yo Falkon45. Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm getting one of these KPM200's. From a local
dealer. When you ordered from Yoycart. Did you have to pay any import taxes. I want to
order some accessories, for this bike from them. And was shipping expensive.

Falkon45
10-15-2020, 07:35 AM
Yo Falkon45. Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm getting one of these KPM200's. From a local
dealer. When you ordered from Yoycart. Did you have to pay any import taxes. I want to

Hi. I haven't ordered from yoyocart as of yet. I normally order from Aliexpress, and a few ebay sellers. I haven't had to pay any import fees when I've ordered from any of those sites.

PastorCzo
04-16-2021, 03:48 PM
What size rear sprocket does this have?

Falkon45
04-16-2021, 07:08 PM
It's a 49 tooth rear sprocket. I have found a 45 tooth sprocket. I haven't put it on order yet. I do have a new chain ready to go, though.

Coloradogoose
05-13-2021, 12:16 AM

For anyone looking at Yoycart I did attempt to order a few things. The shipping quote on the website estimates everything at 200 grams (just under half a pound). My order was estimated at $34 to ship by the website, so when the actual shipping quote based on actual weights came it at $250 I cancelled my order.

PastorCzo
05-14-2021, 09:08 AM
Is there a compatible shifter pedal for this bike? Mine is bent

skywardabyss
05-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Is there a compatible shifter pedal for this bike? Mine is bent
Hey @PastorCzo, Yes, the shifter is located here:
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/575371285136/Lifan_motorcycle_accessories_KPM200_LF20

Otherwise, you may also check these listings:
https://www.yoycart.com/Search?SearchText=lifan+kpm+200&catId=0&catId=0

I had to purchase one myself so good luck!

PastorCzo
06-05-2021, 03:27 AM

Falkon45
06-05-2021, 06:41 AM

Awesome!!! Thank you! I'll update the main post. It'll go to the top!

Falkon45
06-05-2021, 06:52 AM
I will say this, though. Watch the pricing on that place. The KP200 and the KPM200 share the same suspension, wheels, and brake components. But the KP200 parts are cheaper than the KPM200.

Hari
07-12-2021, 11:09 PM
I couldn't find that kpmoto club exhaust anywhere and took a chance on an exhaust for the kpt200 which seems to work just fine. Only thing is that the flange/spacer piece going into the header was just a bit shorter. Shimmed them up with an additional washer and it pretty much bolts right up. Also the sensor is in a slightly different place but still fit fine. Definitely sounds better. Can't say I've noticed a performance difference but I also don't have a ton of miles on her yet.

You can see it here

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.0.0.22564c4db53SNG&orderId=8134705284670049&productId=1005001616982790

Coloradogoose
07-22-2021, 10:44 PM
It's a 49 tooth rear sprocket. I have found a 45 tooth sprocket. I haven't put it on order yet. I do have a new chain ready to go, though.

Did you ever throw the 45T on? Where did you get it from? Curious how it did with a 4 tooth drop. I'm interested in possibly changing mine out, but not sure what other rear sprockets are compatible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

DoujinDango
08-05-2021, 10:48 AM
What's the coolant type for the KPM ? My owner's manual has a coolant section, but it doesn't mention what to put in it

Falkon45
08-06-2021, 08:45 AM
Did you ever throw the 45T on? Where did you get it from? Curious how it did with a 4 tooth drop. I'm interested in possibly changing mine out, but not sure what other rear sprockets are compatible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I haven't ordered it yet. I need to find it again. Been busy with my yamaha and the kiddo's bikes lately, and put a lot of KPM stuff on the back burner, unfortunately. I'll try and find it, and get that and the front sprocket on order.

What's the coolant type for the KPM ? My owner's manual has a coolant section, but it doesn't mention what to put in it

Mine came with a bottle of coolant. It looked to be similar to engine ice, but in a random bottle. I use engine ice in all my bikes. It works really well, and you don't have to mix it. But, it is not compatible with and not to be mixed with any glycol based coolant. So, if you do use it, make sure you flush your system well first.

It doesn't take much. I thought it would take more than it did, seeing as I had to fill two radiator, plus the engine, but it didn't even empty the whole quart bottle.

DoujinDango
08-12-2021, 10:30 AM
Mine came with a bottle of coolant. It looked to be similar to engine ice, but in a random bottle. I use engine ice in all my bikes. It works really well, and you don't have to mix it. But, it is not compatible with and not to be mixed with any glycol based coolant. So, if you do use it, make sure you flush your system well first.

It doesn't take much. I thought it would take more than it did, seeing as I had to fill two radiator, plus the engine, but it didn't even empty the whole quart bottle.

You've got me scared now. My bike came with oil and gas in it. I made the assumption that coolant was in it as well and that the silver bottle was replacement oil that I just wasn't going to use because it was some dumb unlabeled stuff. Press F in the chat.. I've put 500 miles on it without it throwing a code, just put the silver bottle coolant in it now. Anything I should keep an eye out for since I probably damaged it in some way?

Falkon45
08-16-2021, 08:12 AM
You've got me scared now. My bike came with oil and gas in it. I made the assumption that coolant was in it as well and that the silver bottle was replacement oil that I just wasn't going to use because it was some dumb unlabeled stuff. Press F in the chat.. I've put 500 miles on it without it throwing a code, just put the silver bottle coolant in it now. Anything I should keep an eye out for since I probably damaged it in some way?

:doh::doh::doh:

Lol. You're probably okay. If it's not smoking or boiling over, you didn't ruin anything. These are still air cooled derivative engines. They probably left some air cooled properties in it to protect it. Just make sure you properly burped the system to have all the air out.

Next time you change the oil, make sure it doesn't look like chocolate milk. If it does, you have a BHG (blown head gasket), and it need to come apart.

I'm looking for gasket kits that can fit, actually. I want to do some head work, and kinda looking for a cam.

Also, I'm looking for an aftermarket clutch, as I think mine is slipping. Heavy boy, plus being REALLY hard on the bike with clutchless shifts, hard full throttle acceleration almost all the time, and a few attempts at clutch dump wheelies takes it's toll. lol.

Honestly, this thing is far more durable than expected. Whoever gets it next will have a lot of upgrades. lol.

Coloradogoose
08-19-2021, 11:56 PM
I haven't ordered it yet. I need to find it again. Been busy with my yamaha and the kiddo's bikes lately, and put a lot of KPM stuff on the back burner, unfortunately. I'll try and find it, and get that and the front sprocket on order.
I hear ya, most of my work lately has been to my Royal Enfield so my KPM is lonely as well. I'll be curious to hear what you find as far as front and rear sprockets and if you have any luck with a cam. I'm a tinkerer by nature so I love to mod bikes when I can. It's the only thing I don't like about the KPM. There just isn't the support other bikes have. I'd be fine to run it at stock, but half the reason I buy bikes is to play with them when I can't ride them!

Falkon45
09-03-2021, 09:52 AM
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/649820300216/

Here's the sprocket. I actually forgot that I ordered these. I tried to order through these guys, and apparently, it didn't get paid, so I was never charged. My security features on my card are super hardcore, so unusual purchases to other countries are flagged and blocked immediately. That's a very good thing, but makes it hard to buy stuff sometimes. lol

Hari
09-03-2021, 12:17 PM
Has anyone found a wiring diagram? Doing a walk around today I noticed my rear brake pedal doesn't trigger the light and also the high beam switch doesn't work. The momentary finger switch works, but not the wide beam thumb switch.

Falkon45
09-03-2021, 01:09 PM
No wiring diagrams as of yet, as far as I know. There might be a simple one line in the manual. That could be a start. I know my horn button no longer works. But, that's because it sat out in the weather for a month last winter

Hari
09-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Turns out the headlamp works only when the bike is running, which is weird but fine for now. The rear brake light switch is still a problem and I don't see any obvious wires.

Falkon45
09-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Ok. From how you explained the high beam, you made it sound like it didn't work at all. Yeah, that's not unusual. The headlight on my Yamaha doesn't turn on at all until you press the start button.

The switch for the rear brake light skins be next to the rear master cylinder, or right below it. Should be easy to spot the wires for it.

Coloradogoose
09-16-2021, 01:11 PM
Just so folks know, pegs for a KLR650 appear to fit this bike quite well. You may loose the functionality of the return springs, but the pin size and mount spacing/angle all line up nicely.

Coloradogoose
09-25-2021, 02:13 AM
Tires for this bike are not a super common size in the US. I wanted something with some bite for dirt roads and found that a Continental TKC80 in 120/70 17 will fit with about an inch to clear the fender. On the back a Shinko E805 in 130/80 17 will fit, but it's tight if your chain hasn't stretched much. I ended up dropping to a 15t sprocket up front to help it clear and for the low gearing and that worked. If it were a street tire I believe that size would fit no problem.

Mirrors... Mine came with mirror mounts threaded on the levers on both sides of the bar which I assume is standard. The threaded mounts take a standard 10mm threaded mirror that is SUPER common on metric bikes. They can be had for cheap in many places but it may be nice to get some bar end weights to reduce vibration if you take the stock mirrors off. You can get mirrors and weights for around $30 total.

Coloradogoose
09-30-2021, 01:52 AM
Measured the rear shock tonight. Eye to eye was spot-on 12.5 inches unweighted but still on the bike.

Falkon45
10-21-2021, 12:07 AM
Measured the rear shock tonight. Eye to eye was spot-on 12.5 inches unweighted but still on the bike.

Awesome!! Thank you! I'll start looking for shocks now

Falkon45
10-27-2021, 09:30 AM
Ok. I've started the search for shocks. 12.5" is 317.5mm. The range I'm looking into is 315-320mm. A 10mm space isn't too bad. That's about 25/64".

The biggest problem so far is bolt size, and spacing for the mount bosses. I'm looking at an 2018 R1 shock. Almost the same shock as my 2018 MT-10 shock, except it has height adjustment, unlike the MT-10. So, FULLY adjustable!! Sprung for a bike about 100lbs heavier, but used a bellcrank and dogbone, so it could still be sprung kinda light.

Either way, I've got time now, so I'll do some experimenting.

Coloradogoose
10-30-2021, 03:01 AM
Turns out the headlamp works only when the bike is running, which is weird but fine for now. The rear brake light switch is still a problem and I don't see any obvious wires.

There are wires coming out of the top of rear master cylinder that trigger the brake light. They lead up to a plug that's in the area by the seat. Check those wires and the plug to make sure nothing came loose. There is a chance the switch in the cylinder went bad if you can't trace the problem to anything else. I haven't looked to see if the switch is replaceable or if it would mean a whole new cylinder.

Gangstabearjew
11-02-2021, 02:46 PM
I saw the type and the filter I can change it with but I was wondering how much oil do the kpms take? Sorry this is my very first motorcycle so I don’t know much about them. Thank you for any help

Falkon45
11-02-2021, 03:18 PM
I saw the type and the filter I can change it with but I was wondering how much oil do the kpms take? Sorry this is my very first motorcycle so I don’t know much about them. Thank you for any help

They take about a quart. There is a sight glass to check oil level. Just make sure when you're filling it back up, and the bike is straight up and down, and not on it's kickstand. Fill slowly, as the oil takes a while to get to the sight glass. Once you make it to level put the fill cap back on, start the bike and let to run for about 30 seconds, then check the oil again after a couple minutes. Add oil if needed to get back to the proper level.

Gangstabearjew
11-02-2021, 03:27 PM
They take about a quart. There is a sight glass to check oil level. Just make sure when you're filling it back up, and the bike is straight up and down, and not on it's kickstand. Fill slowly, as the oil takes a while to get to the sight glass. Once you make it to level put the fill cap back on, start the bike and let to run for about 30 seconds, then check the oil again after a couple minutes. Add oil if needed to get back to the proper level.

Thank you so much. Should I see the oil while the bike is running or when it’s cool?

Falkon45
11-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Thank you so much. Should I see the oil while the bike is running or when it’s cool?

When the bike is not running. So far, the only time I've ever had a bike that showed low when not running has been my RC390. You had to start the bike, then turn it off to see the oil level. lol.

SensiiNips
01-09-2022, 06:37 PM
What are we using for spark plugs ?

SensiiNips
01-09-2022, 06:39 PM
What about spark plugs ?

dr99miller
01-09-2022, 07:07 PM
What are we using for spark plugs ?
I'd love to hear what others are using too, I looked for an E3 or Pulstar equivalent but wasn't able to come up with a conversion. I threw in the NGK CPR8EA-9 with no problems (nor noticible benefit over OEM) but I do not have a lot of miles on it yet. This site's specs seem accurate:

https://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/NGK_PN/CPR8EA-9

Falkon45
01-10-2022, 07:22 AM
I haven't done anything with the spark plug as of yet. Typically, I go with iridium. Usually the hottest plug I can find. But, since the compression of this engine is pretty low, there won't be much benefit to it. Maybe a 1 hp gain. Not a lot, but enough for an engine that puts out so little hp anyway.

SensiiNips
01-10-2022, 06:10 PM

Falkon45
01-10-2022, 08:51 PM

Awesome!! I'll add that to the first post

SensiiNips
01-10-2022, 09:29 PM
Ok dudes, so here is what I got from O'Reilly Auto Parts today to do my oil and spark plug. Using the oilfilter-crossreference website:
1. WIX 24944 Oil Filter
2. NGK CPR7EA-9

Installed the Wix and used the screws torque down the cover. I am sure the rubber piece on the cap is supposed to snap into the filter. Could not do it by hand, but cranking it down worked. The Wix was the same size and I have no leaks and comes with a new gasket.

People been talking about the NGK CPR8EA-9, but Autozone and Oreilly doesn't carry them and they are special order so I used the CPR7EA-9. We went through and compared both and they are identical dimensions. Heat rating is different... but you wont have to wait 3 days.

After oil change and installation the bike feels like a whole new beast. Smooth and responsive. I would almost recommend doing the plug as soon as you get the bike.

Stay safe.

SensiiNips
01-10-2022, 09:32 PM
Oh, if you guys need to make the bike a bit louder take a drill bit and put a hole or several holes in the pipe from the downside up just before the pipe is welded to the muffler. Poor mans exhaust, but it works. Just do it low side upward best you can to keep water out.

I mean... we are all waiting for that Lifan exhaust to be back in stock anyways... right?!

Start small. The bigger the hole the bigger the sound. You will lose MPG though.

SensiiNips
01-10-2022, 09:57 PM
All of the oil filters that will work for the LIFAN KPM 200. As always, double, triple check.

AC-Delco PF2148
Baldwin P7132
BIG A 96944
Canadian Tire 27-5514-6
CARQUEST 89944
CARQUEST 89994
CHAMP P7013
EMGO 10-99200
FRAM CH6015
HASTINGS LF474
HIFLO HF112
Honda 15410-KF0-305
Honda 15410-KF0-315
Honda 15410-KFO-315
Honda 15410-KYJ-901
Honda 15410-KYJ-902
Honda 15412-HM5-A10
Honda 15412-KF0-000
Honda 15412-KF0-010
Honda 15412-KF0-020
K & N KN-112
KAWASAKI 52010-1053
KNECHT OX410
LUBER-FINER P7013
Magneti Marelli 154703553310
MAHLE OX410
Mann MH53
METAL-LEVE OX410D
MOBIL-1 M1MC-173
NAPA 4944
POLARIS 3088036
Purolator ML16815
STP P7013
Suzuki K5201-01053
UFI 2554200
WARNER P7013
WILMINK-GROUP WG1217406

SensiiNips
01-10-2022, 10:03 PM
Possible plug options for the CPR8EA-9 and CPR7EA-9. The 7 is more available at your local parts store. As always, double, triple check.

NGK CPR8EA-9 replacement spark plugs
Bosch 0242050506
Bosch UR4DC
Bosch UR6DE
Brisk AR12YS
Champion P-RG6HCC
Denso 4126
Denso 5362
Denso 5734
Denso IU01-24
Denso IU24
Denso U24EPR9
Denso U24ESR-N
Honda 31916-KRM-841
Honda 31916-KRM-8410-M1
Honda 31916-KRM-8413-M1
Kawasaki 920700029
Kawasaki E920700029
Yamaha 94700-00866
Yamaha 94701-00415

NGK CPR7EA-9 replacement spark plugs
Bosch UR6DC
Brisk AR14YS
Champion 8698
Champion RG6YC
Denso 4174
Denso 5361
Denso IU22
Denso U22EPR-U
Denso U22EPR9
Denso U22EPRU
Denso U22ESR-N
Honda 31917-KPH-901
Kawasaki 920700022
Kawasaki E920700022
Yamaha 94700-00420
Yamaha 94701-00420
Yamaha 94703 00420
Yamaha 94703-00420
Yamaha 9470300420

Hari
02-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Anyone found a good bag solution? I know there are some for the KPM on Yoycart but I'm gonna pass on those.

DudeBroManGuy
03-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Is there any way to move the gauge cluster to the handlebars? That's a really poor design decision to put it on the gas tank, so far below your field of vision.

If you can't move it, maybe it can be disconnected and an aftermarket gauge cluster can be used?

Falkon45
03-18-2022, 07:30 AM
Unfortunately, it can't be moved. To account for speed, I just use my phones GPS. A universal cluster could be used, but you'd have to extend the wires and make a bracket to hold the cluster.

Hari
03-22-2022, 01:10 PM
I found a guy who is producing exhausts Since it seems like neither Lifan nor KPMoto are going to restart production this may be a good option. Don't know anything else about it though.

http://lifanpowered.weebly.com/products.html

dr99miller
03-22-2022, 09:54 PM
I found a guy who is producing exhausts Since it seems like neither Lifan nor KPMoto are going to restart production this may be a good option. Don't know anything else about it though.

http://lifanpowered.weebly.com/products.html

I saw that it is being sold on ebay now, and I bought one the second I saw it. Now I'm just hoping it ships...

Falkon45
03-23-2022, 07:58 AM
Nice. Those like a lot like the KPT200 exhausts.

DudeBroManGuy
03-23-2022, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know of a clip on adapter plate that fits the KPM 200?

Falkon45
03-23-2022, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know of a clip on adapter plate that fits the KPM 200?

As in for the handlebars? I've tried a couple. One for the MT-07 and one for the Ninja 650. Neither one matches up exactly. There will need to be some milling needed to get the bolt holes to match up exactly.

RobertSX4
03-24-2022, 04:35 PM
FYI:
I can confirm the CR8EIX spark plug works as it should on the KPM200, its just NGK's iridium version of the stock plug that comes with the bike so no surprise. I am still breaking the bike in (<200 miles) so I cannot attribute any noticeable improvement. I thought Id stick the original plug back in one day after I have 1k or more on the clock and see if there is a difference.

Has anyone confirmed a decent set of upgraded levers that fit, not just shiny anodized but actually nice quality brake and clutch levers?

dr99miller
04-12-2022, 10:59 PM
Received the exhast from "Lifan Powered Store" and it's as good as I had hoped for! the new exhaust with the muffler weighed in under 5lb and has a 35mm diam header pipe where the stock was 11lbs and 28mm!

I just used an app for contrast as they are not accurate but unbaffled it is a LOT louder. I'm probably going to either baffle this muffler or swap it but that might be hard to do as it sounds incredible.

RobertSX4
04-14-2022, 05:57 PM
how has the power band been affected with the exhaust?

12notes
04-14-2022, 11:06 PM
I'd like to know how loud it is with the baffle installed, if you decide to do that.

dr99miller
04-17-2022, 10:10 PM
how has the power band been affected with the exhaust?
The power band with the stock exhaust was very obvious building from about 4900 and dropping off abruptly around 7800. This new exhaust with the straight thru muffler it was drastically more linear starting around 4k and pulling smoothly into the low-mid 8's.

dr99miller
04-17-2022, 10:20 PM
I'd like to know how loud it is with the baffle installed, if you decide to do that.

Well I did in fact do that, bought this baffle from Amazon so it would arrive next day because the straight-thru really was too loud for me (seemed louder than my ZX-7 with a Micron). With this baffle in it toned it down signifigantly at idle/rev and I think I'll be happy with this setup.

dr99miller
04-17-2022, 10:37 PM
Nice. Those like a lot like the KPT200 exhausts.
I'm 99% sure you are correct.

lifanpoweredstore
04-19-2022, 07:26 PM
I'm 99% sure you are correct.

Hey! I'm Mike, the guy who's producing these pipes.

You are correct in that these come from the same manufacturer that makes the KPT Pipes! That's how I found em :) I had them(HOTMoto Store on Alibaba) produce more optimized midpipe dimensions that fits a little better than the KPT's and had them rework the tolerances on the header bracket so it fits better..

I'm working on the whole washer-shimming thing still. It's stamped sheet metal so I don't have much control over thickness but hopefully I can get them to increase the collar length for better fitment :)

Acqua512
05-31-2022, 11:32 PM
Has anyone replaced the oilf filter cap yet? Was doing a oil change and was wondering what cap fits it

Falkon45
06-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Has anyone replaced the oilf filter cap yet? Was doing a oil change and was wondering what cap fits it

Filler or filter?

Why do you want to replace said piece? It's a rather overlooked part, unless you're planning on doing some motorsport that requires something to be safety wired.

So far, nothing has been looked for, as far as I know.

Acqua512
06-05-2022, 07:39 AM
Filler or filter?

Why do you want to replace said piece? It's a rather overlooked part, unless you're planning on doing some motorsport that requires something to be safety wired.

So far, nothing has been looked for, as far as I know.

When I went to do a oil change, one of the ears broke off the filter cap.

Falkon45
06-05-2022, 08:12 AM
When I went to do a oil change, one of the ears broke off the filter cap.

Ahhh. You can contact venom motorsports, and they can get the part for you. There's also a link on the first page to a place where you can find parts

Acqua512
06-05-2022, 09:39 AM
Ahhh. You can contact venom motorsports, and they can get the part for you. There's also a link on the first page to a place where you can find parts

I tried those links and did end up contacting venom. Getting the cap from venom was cheaper but I also used the oil filter 24994 and the gasket seems like it's too thick.

Falkon45
06-05-2022, 10:09 AM
I tried those links and did end up contacting venom. Getting the cap from venom was cheaper but I also used the oil filter 24994 and the gasket seems like it's too thick.

On page 3, there's a list of all oil filters that fit.

The one you mentioned isn't on that list

Edit: I went to the actual cross reference, and saw it on the list. I'm sorry I got that wrong. Interesting that it seems bigger than the rest. I'm using the K&N filter, and didn't have any problems. The fram filter and the K&N are pretty much mirrors of the factory metal filter. Did you change the O-ring, also? I never changed the original o-ring. That may be the difference.

RobertSX4
06-06-2022, 10:44 AM
I got the WIX 24994 as well and changed the o-ring, I didn't break anything but the oring being too large sheered off and kind of smeared itself between the end of the filter housing and the recess its supposed to stay in so it started leaking, I put the original o ring back in and have been fine. The filter itself appears to be a proper size, just not the wix oring. It was also way harder to get on and did not "pop" into place like the original does

Teklock
06-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Has anyone found a wiring diagram? Doing a walk around today I noticed my rear brake pedal doesn't trigger the light and also the high beam switch doesn't work. The momentary finger switch works, but not the wide beam thumb switch.

There is a wiring diagram in this manual:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0283/6211/3156/files/QP200-3B_KPM_-compress.pdf?v=1639718102

Falkon45
06-25-2022, 06:03 PM
https://photos.app.goo.gl/B1JkajBdXLVdUAk38

At 4300 miles now. Did a new chain and sprockets. Factory 16t front sprocket, and 45t rear sprocket I bought from Chinahao.com. It came with an o-ring chain that I did not decide to use. Instead, I used a Turner Performance regular 428 chain. (Gold, of course. Lol). Went ahead and did an oil change, greased the rear Axel, inspected the cush drive, and looked at my rear tire. I was gonna bleed the rear brake, so I could get better feel out of it, and adjust the valves, but I had to hurry and get to my nieces birthday party.

Anyway, at 4300 miles, the rear tire is doing okay. Straight roads out here have the rear tire pretty squared off. But, it's holding up well. It'll probably make it the typical 6k miles. I have the S20s on standby, and I can finally mount the tires myself.

Anyway, with the 45t sprocket, 1st and 2nd gear are far more usable. I can still hit 60 by 4th gear, but it takes a lot longer to get there. 5th and 6th barely have power to maintain 60, and I drop to about 57-58.

If I was lighter than the nearly 260lbs that I am, I'm sure this bike could maintain 70 comfortably. I'll try and adjust the valves and check for power gains

KPM
07-02-2022, 06:23 PM
Silly question. I'm still in assembly stages. In the bag of parts, there are 2 rubber strips and can act like zip ties. Where do they go ? I didn't see them mentioned in the few pages as the assembly manual, or the online assembly video.

And I'm assuming the steel gasket is just a spare exhaust manifold gasket, not that it was left out at the factory ?

Falkon45
07-02-2022, 08:53 PM
One is for your battery, and one is for the non existent tool kit.

TheLetterJ
07-04-2022, 02:57 AM
So whats the best oil for the KPM200? Link please

Falkon45
07-04-2022, 08:21 AM
The oil is completely up to whatever your preference is. I use Castrol in all my vehicles, except my Yamaha.

KPM
07-04-2022, 05:22 PM
One is for your battery, and one is for the non existent tool kit.

Not making sense. The one that looks like a Y is for the tool kit, but these 2 are about 1.5" long. Long enough to wrap around your finger only. Maybe spares for the cables coming off the handlebars ?

TheLetterJ
07-05-2022, 02:35 AM
has anyone done any upgrades to the headlight? i'm going to be commuting home many nights and i want to increase luminosity.. any suggestions?

Falkon45
07-05-2022, 08:05 AM
Not making sense. The one that looks like a Y is for the tool kit, but these 2 are about 1.5" long. Long enough to wrap around your finger only. Maybe spares for the cables coming off the handlebars ?

I never had anything like that with my bike.

KPM
07-09-2022, 05:58 AM
has anyone done any upgrades to the headlight? i'm going to be commuting home many nights and i want to increase luminosity.. any suggestions?

My suggestion is that you leave the OEM headlight (The looks of it is likely one of the reasons why you bought the bike in the first place) and simply add external LED driving lights. The headlight itself is not a normal bucket type that's interchangeable.

https://kpclubusa.com/collections/kpm-200/products/lights-2

Just a random auxiliary light test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhkMU1F_6WA&ab_channel=FoundOn

TheLetterJ
07-09-2022, 10:27 PM
alright so I got the KPM and been keeping it between first, and third gear around the block while i wait for registration... day 3 im noticing a squeaking noise coming from the front wheel area of the bike... I'm thinking it has something to do with the breaks but im as qualified as a bucket of bolts. Once i get it registered im going to take it to the local bike shop for an inspection. should i just wait, or anybody else have this issue?

Falkon45
07-10-2022, 01:42 AM
Did you grease the axle when you installed the front wheel? What torque did you use to install the front wheel? Does the wheel spin freely when you spin it? Does the noise change or stop when you hit the front brake?

TheLetterJ
07-10-2022, 11:29 PM
I bought the bike from Powersportsmax all that i needed to put on were the handlebars. bike runs great except for the squeaking which happens in all gears. when i press the brakes it stops...

Falkon45
07-15-2022, 05:50 PM
Ahh, ok. The brake bad is dragging

avolation
07-15-2022, 07:23 PM
Got mine from Powersportsmax. at around 600 miles the top bolt holding my front brake caliper on come out. dang near locked the front wheel. was extremely lucky i was going slow at the time. I highly suggest going over every bolt after a couple hundred miles and adding locktite where necc.

KPMRider
07-22-2022, 03:35 PM
The rear sprocket on the 2021 KPM200 has 49teeth on 428 chain, and is off set (dinner plate shaped) so I couldn't find any other sprockets that I could safely switch to.

Front sprocket is 16 teeth on 428 chain, this front sprocket has a 20mm shaft hole with 2 bolts and a small gold ring.

The chain is 428 chain 128 links long, if you buy a replacement go with the o-rings

I have switched to a 17t-428 on the front sprocket. It made the bike a lot easier to ride on lower gears and didn't suffer too much power loss at high speed. I'm a light rider so it may not work as well for heavier riders.

STOCK:
Front sprocket: 16t-428 (20mm shaft)
Rear sprocket: 49t-428
Chain: 428 128links
Final gear ratio: 3.0625:1
Top speed: 75 (under ideal road conditions)
Mpg: 89mpg (checked on odometer myself)

With 17t front tooth:
Front sprocket: 17t-428 (20mm shaft)
Rear sprocket: 49t-428
Chain: 428 128 links
Final gear ratio: 2.8823:1
Top speed: 82 (under ideal road conditions)
Mpg: 109mpg (checked on the odometer myself)

I also tried with a 18 tooth front tooth but my chain wasn't long enough so if you want to try that you may want more than 128 links on your chain.

I would advise against going with the 18t because I feel like it would make the bike gutless at high speeds.

I am currently trying to get a hold of a new 165ML-E motor (from the 2021 lifan KPM200) and the manufacturer says the only way to get replacement parts and motors is by having a lifan dealer order one for you. I'll send more info as I get it.

NICHE 428 Drive Chain 128 Links O-Ring With Connecting Master Link for Motorcycle ATV Dirt Bike https://a.co/d/1NeeKfq

WEIYINGSI Sprocket Front 428-17T... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010UQKODQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

E3 Spark Plugs E3.38 Premium Powersports Spark Plug w/ DiamondFIRE Technology (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/3DdWKFT

Falkon45
07-22-2022, 03:55 PM
https://www.chinahao.com/Product/594234035150/

Here's the 45t rear sprocket I went with. It came with a new 16t front sprocket and O-ring chain. I opted not to use the o-ring chain, and went with a standard chain.

Also, total came up to $76 after shipping.

KPMRider
07-22-2022, 03:56 PM
https://xprousa.com/pages/maintenance-for-lifan-kp-master-200

dr99miller
08-02-2022, 10:01 PM
Fantastic info, thank you! I've been feeling the ratio is a tiny bit too short and a one up front would be great.

KPMRider
08-02-2022, 11:02 PM
I have the 2021 kpm200, I love this bike and it has done really well for me so far. However Kansas summers are no joke, it had a heat index of 105 today and the bike kept flashing it's temp light at me.

I treated the issue very seriously, I flushed out the stock antifreeze and put in engine ice, I changed the oil to 20w50 mobile one, I tried to find a thermostat in town but had to just order one on AliExpress, I also have an oil cooler on the way. The thermostat is set to open at 60° Celsius so I don't think I'm going to be able to find one that opens at a lower temperature.

My issue is that when I am writing at high speed on a really hot day my temperature light seems to flash at me, it must only be over 10 by a few degrees because when I idle down it goes away. I have also only seen this on extremely hot days so far. On a decent day I'm able to get on the highway and full throttle as long as I want.

Does anyone have any ideas that may help me with this issue?

Falkon45
08-03-2022, 08:43 AM
I've never experienced overheating in my bike. I'm at 5100 miles now. Have you checked for any signs of BHG? When you added or changed the coolant, did you properly burp the radiators?

Going to 20-50 might not help. Might actually make things worse.

KPMRider
08-03-2022, 02:46 PM
Ordered a few things to help me get a better idea of what the water temperature is doing.

I ordered a inline temperature sensor adapter 18mm and a tempature sensor kit. I plan on splicing into the hose that goes into the cylinder head near the thermostat. Links below:

Acouto Motorcycle Digital Thermometer Instrument Water Temperature Meter Gauge Ultru Thin Universal LED Motorcycle Digital Coolant Temperature Gauge Kit DC 12V Blue Light https://a.co/d/5ZGwbJ5

Dynoracing Water Temp Gauge Radiator Temperature Water Temp Joint Pipe Sensor Hose Adapter (18MM, Black, 1) https://a.co/d/cqnrdWj

Teklock
08-03-2022, 05:19 PM
Ordered a few things to help me get a better idea of what the water temperature is doing.

I ordered a inline temperature sensor adapter 18mm and a tempature sensor kit. I plan on splicing into the hose that goes into the cylinder head near the thermostat. Links below:

Acouto Motorcycle Digital Thermometer Instrument Water Temperature Meter Gauge Ultru Thin Universal LED Motorcycle Digital Coolant Temperature Gauge Kit DC 12V Blue Light https://a.co/d/5ZGwbJ5

Dynoracing Water Temp Gauge Radiator Temperature Water Temp Joint Pipe Sensor Hose Adapter (18MM, Black, 1) https://a.co/d/cqnrdWj

You can get that information and more with something like HUD ECU hacker and an ODBII interface (like a J2534 adapter). I would not start hacking into the plumbing of your bike, but that's me.

https://netcult.ch/elmue/HUD%20ECU%20Hacker/#Charityware

KPMRider
08-03-2022, 07:06 PM
I tried changing the gearing back to original sprocket and everything, I'm back to stock. And I for the life of me can not explain this overheating issue

Teklock
08-03-2022, 11:06 PM
I tried changing the gearing back to original sprocket and everything, I'm back to stock. And I for the life of me can not explain this overheating issue

You can try replacing the sensor, but I doubt that is the issue. It is very cheap though....

https://www.engtb.com/item/taobao/644951214242.html

KPMRider
08-07-2022, 07:43 AM
Ok I'm now convinced that these motorcycles are complete garbage. I've officially tried everything to fix this heat issue. Added oil cooler, flushed antifreeze, replaced thermostat, tested water temp sensor, changed the gearing, swapped spark plug, checked head gasket, wrapped the exhaust, switched to water wetter, inspected water pump, relocated the antifreeze reservoir to make room for a second fan, wired both fans to a switch to keep them powered all the time, replaced the antifreeze hoses with harder lines to prevent collapsing, changed the oil, burped the radiator a ton.

Good luck with these bikes guys but I would avoid ever owning a lifan motorcycle again. There is no information, there are no parts, there is no support from dealers or manufacturers.

Selling this bike and it can be someone else's problem. This is what I deserve for buying a bike that was made by 9 year old slaves.

Teklock
08-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Did you view or retrieve the ECU data? The data will tell you why it's doing what it's doing.

Falkon45
08-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Ok I'm now convinced that these motorcycles are complete garbage. I've officially tried everything to fix this heat issue. Added oil cooler, flushed antifreeze, replaced thermostat, tested water temp sensor, changed the gearing, swapped spark plug, checked head gasket, wrapped the exhaust, switched to water wetter, inspected water pump, relocated the antifreeze reservoir to make room for a second fan, wired both fans to a switch to keep them powered all the time, replaced the antifreeze hoses with harder lines to prevent collapsing, changed the oil, burped the radiator a ton.

Good luck with these bikes guys but I would avoid ever owning a lifan motorcycle again. There is no information, there are no parts, there is no support from dealers or manufacturers.

Selling this bike and it can be someone else's problem. This is what I deserve for buying a bike that was made by 9 year old slaves.

I'm sorry you feel that way. So far, your bike is the only one reported to have heat issues. Like I said, I haven't had anything like that, and I have a 2020 with 5k miles on it. Who did you buy from again?

If you didn't buy from venom motorsports, contact them anyway, and see if they've encountered that problem.

Falkon45
08-07-2022, 12:16 PM
Hey, another question. What grade of had are you using? Do you get any symptoms of detonation? Basically, the engine will randomly sound like popcorn in a microwave in multi cylinder engines. Not sure what it would sound like in thumpers. Have you checked or changed your plug? Right now, with everything you've done, it sounds like you might be lean, and the cooling system can't keep up.

herbie
08-07-2022, 04:29 PM

Oh my goodness! I think you've done your due diligence on the cooling system for sure. If it were mine, I would check the valve clearance just to make sure it's in spec, weird things happen when the valves are too tight or too loose. I can hear the frustration and it's understandable!

JimS
08-07-2022, 07:09 PM
I've been just over 700 miles on my KPR in the heat of New Mexico (over 100 every day) with no issues.

I wouldn't run thicker oil to try to reduce Temps unless you have changed bearings to increase clearance for some reason.

Sounds like you may have got a bad apple.

KPMRider
08-08-2022, 10:12 AM
FIX!!! Operator error!!!

As many of us know it's really frustrating to be running around chasing your own tail on a mechanical or electrical problem. I figured it out!

These KPM 200s are very small bikes, and as many of us know storage is difficult. I had installed a small storage bag on the front forks. As many of us know when you are behind a semi in town you still get wind, but when you are behind a semi on the highway it blocks a considerable amount of wind. I think the same principle applied here, that small storage bag blocked just enough wind to keep air from flowing through my radiator fins. Last night I pulled out all the stops I installed the thermometer gauge and got a no drip radiator funnel to pull 100% of the air out of the system and after all my repairs were done I had my buddy just point out that the bag on the front might be blocking the wind. To be honest I hadn't even considered that, it seems like it should be far enough away that it's not an issue however these bikes are very small and asked to do quite a bit of work, it blocked just enough wind to where it just wouldn't cool off fast enough when I was at high RPMs for a long amount of time. After removing the bag my temperature gauge reads no higher than 80 degrees C if I've been on the highway for a long time, and I stick around 70 to 74 degrees C when I am in the city

Aftermarket accessories on your front forks can cause overheating on the KPM 200, unfortunately I have verified it myself.

Safe riding guys, thanks for all the help!

P.S. sorry for the hate mail Lifan, you do make a quality product.

Falkon45
08-08-2022, 11:38 AM
FIX!!! Operator error!!!

As many of us know it's really frustrating to be running around chasing your own tail on a mechanical or electrical problem. I figured it out!

These KPM 200s are very small bikes, and as many of us know storage is difficult. I had installed a small storage bag on the front forks. As many of us know when you are behind a semi in town you still get wind, but when you are behind a semi on the highway it blocks a considerable amount of wind. I think the same principle applied here, that small storage bag blocked just enough wind to keep air from flowing through my radiator fins. Last night I pulled out all the stops I installed the thermometer gauge and got a no drip radiator funnel to pull 100% of the air out of the system and after all my repairs were done I had my buddy just point out that the bag on the front might be blocking the wind. To be honest I hadn't even considered that, it seems like it should be far enough away that it's not an issue however these bikes are very small and asked to do quite a bit of work, it blocked just enough wind to where it just wouldn't cool off fast enough when I was at high RPMs for a long amount of time. After removing the bag my temperature gauge reads no higher than 80 degrees C if I've been on the highway for a long time, and I stick around 70 to 74 degrees C when I am in the city

Aftermarket accessories on your front forks can cause overheating on the KPM 200, unfortunately I have verified it myself.

Lol. It's always something small, and unassociated with anything mechanical. Glad you figured it out. I guess it's time to develop some radiator shrouds to get if you install a fork bag. :lol:

KPM
08-10-2022, 08:09 AM
Rule #2 of trouble shooting gremlins, BRING IT TO STOCK SPECS FIRST. Lesson learned.

Teklock
08-10-2022, 11:25 AM
Rule #2 of trouble shooting gremlins, BRING IT TO STOCK SPECS FIRST. Lesson learned.

I recommend reading this next.

https://netcult.ch/elmue/HUD%20ECU%20Hacker/Lifan%20EFI%209%20Euro%204%20Manual.pdf

KPM
08-10-2022, 11:32 AM
His problem is fixed, but this is good info, thank you for sharing.

Atruelybasicguy
08-13-2022, 04:03 PM
2020 Kpm200 question.
4600 odo
Bogging down when riding at steady speed.
Seems to happen more so after fill up.
Any ideas?

Falkon45
08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
Bogging how? Like it's losing speed gradually, or suddenly losing speed and picking back up?

Are you going uphill? Even slight hills cause these to slow down a bit.

KPM
08-14-2022, 07:50 AM
2020 Kpm200 question.
4600 odo
Bogging down when riding at steady speed.
Seems to happen more so after fill up.
Any ideas?

This is a classic sign of plugged tank vent, or in this bikes case a possible failed plugged EVAP system. The lack of air being allowed into the tank is preventing the fuel from flowing. Next time you go on your ride, carry both keys with you. 1 to run the bike, the other to open the gas tank cap to allow the tank to vent WITHOUT shitting down the motor. Ride as usual, when it bogs down, pull over, open tank, reclose after 1-2 seconds, and continue your ride. Report back if the bogging went away for a few minutes.

Atruelybasicguy
08-20-2022, 03:05 PM
Bogging how? Like it's losing speed gradually, or suddenly losing speed and picking back up?

Are you going uphill? Even slight hills cause these to slow down a bit.

No; flat grade, uphill, downhill, happens when holding steady speed.

Atruelybasicguy
08-20-2022, 03:06 PM
This is a classic sign of plugged tank vent, or in this bikes case a possible failed plugged EVAP system. The lack of air being allowed into the tank is preventing the fuel from flowing. Next time you go on your ride, carry both keys with you. 1 to run the bike, the other to open the gas tank cap to allow the tank to vent WITHOUT shitting down the motor. Ride as usual, when it bogs down, pull over, open tank, reclose after 1-2 seconds, and continue your ride. Report back if the bogging went away for a few minutes.

Thanks for the info I'll let ya know what happens.

indus49
08-25-2022, 04:58 PM
I started taking the sides and seat off, but couldn't figure out how to get the air cleaner out. Has anyone here done it?

KPM
08-26-2022, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info I'll let ya know what happens.

Just some more info for you. Yesterday I had a fuel smell whenever coming to a stop. Last night, I saw a video on youtube from a gentleman who had a confirmed fuel leak. He ended up tightening the fuel pump bolts. So today I checked my fuel pump, and each bolt took another 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn before hand tight.

1. Do you have a fuel smell once coming to a stop, from a higher speed / revs ?
2. May also want to check your fuel pump hardware. The pump is located under the tank, right behind where the speedometer gauge is. You do NOT have to remove any panels to get to the 4 bolts on it.

TheLetterJ
09-10-2022, 09:06 AM
I had a question on the chain (turner performance gold chain) when I go to purchase a chain it asks me how many links should the chain have? there are like a million options. from from 78 links to 142 links.. thanks for the help

TominMO
09-10-2022, 09:13 AM
I had a question on the chain (turner performance gold chain) when I go to purchase a chain it asks me how many links should the chain have? there are like a million options. from from 78 links to 142 links.. thanks for the help
Count what's on your bike. The easiest way is to count the plates between the links, and multiply by two.

KPM
09-10-2022, 11:20 AM
Post #85 in this thread states what the chain is.

The rear sprocket on the 2021 KPM200 has 49teeth on 428 chain, and is off set (dinner plate shaped) so I couldn't find any other sprockets that I could safely switch to.

Front sprocket is 16 teeth on 428 chain, this front sprocket has a 20mm shaft hole with 2 bolts and a small gold ring.

The chain is 428 chain 128 links long, if you buy a replacement go with the o-rings

KPM
09-10-2022, 11:23 AM
I have switched to a 17t-428 on the front sprocket. It made the bike a lot easier to ride on lower gears and didn't suffer too much power loss at high speed. I'm a light rider so it may not work as well for heavier riders.

Based on this info, I also switched. :thanks:

I agree 100% that it's easier to ride in lower gears. Lost about 2-3 MPH at top end going slight uphill, BUT it also less buzzy up there. IMO the 17T sprocket is what the bike should have from the factory.

KPM
10-16-2022, 12:49 AM
Toying with my exhaust, measured everything in hopes of helping others in the future.

Stock OEM black exhaust:
Pre-cat pipe size: 35mm OD
Cat area pipe size: 44mm OD
Post cat pipe size: 35mm

Replacement Stainless manifold from Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon, etc.
Front header pipe: 36mm ID, 38mm OD
Rear header pipe (slides over Front header pipe): 48mm ID, 51mm OD.

JimS
10-16-2022, 09:47 AM
I'm running this setup on my KPR. $160 shipped including the muffler from eBay was too great of a deal to pass up.

ChopperCharles
12-27-2022, 11:59 AM
FIX!!! Operator error!!!

I had a similar problem with a CX500 with 650 motor I built. I put a high front fender on it, and that blocked air flow to the radiator. I didn't notice it until the radiator fan blew a fuse (my fault, my wire wasn't properly heat-shrinked where I soldered a splice). The fan was on 100% of the time, and when it failed I overheated. I ended up fabbing some wings to draw the air in from the sides.

While you solved the problem, your fan may still be kaput. It'd we wise to check it.

Also, while this was a simple fix, USUALLY rpm-related overheating is due to a bad head gasket. Combustion gasses leak into the water jacket and superheat the coolant.

Charles.

ktmracer358
01-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Had some spare time today so I made a laminated quick reference sheet for the bike. probably tape on on the inside of the battery panel, and leave the other one in the tool box

Asheron
04-08-2023, 01:49 PM
https://m.yoycart.com/Product/638818888586/

NYC_KPM
05-31-2023, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know what bike the KPM200 is closest to as far as a replica? I see people saying the Venom Ghost is a Honda CBF for example, the X22 is a ninja, etc. Just wondering what service manual I can get for the KPM200.

JerryHawk250
06-01-2023, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know what bike the KPM200 is closest to as far as a replica? I see people saying the Venom Ghost is a Honda CBF for example, the X22 is a ninja, etc. Just wondering what service manual I can get for the KPM200.
I'm sure you could get a service manual from American Lifan. I found the KPR service manual which uses the same engine. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0283/6211/3156/files/KPR200_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf?v=1636701098

RainOfLegend
07-12-2023, 09:06 PM
Does anyone have the service manual to the KPM 200? Also does anyone know the best place to buy individual parts for the KPM. I’m working on the clutch right now and might need a part replaced.
Thank you.

JerryHawk250
07-13-2023, 07:51 AM
Does anyone have the service manual to the KPM 200? Also does anyone know the best place to buy individual parts for the KPM. I’m working on the clutch right now and might need a part replaced.
Thank you.

Service Manual https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0283/6211/3156/files/KPR200_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf?v=1636701098

Parts: https://kpclubusa.com/

indus49
08-02-2023, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to say, I ended up finding and adding a really nice aftermarket speedo. It came from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/DKMOTORK-Motorcycle-Speedometer-Tachometer-Multi-function/dp/B07WW3L3Y8/r

Attached to my post are the wiring guidelines. Instead of replacing my existing speedo, I created a custom harness to piggyback off the existing speedo. If I had spent a ton more time on the wiring, I probably could have made it work and removed the stock speedo -- but I didn't want to be destructive.

https://i.imgur.com/oYq9YX3.png
https://i.imgur.com/GTocUCM.png

dr99miller
08-20-2023, 11:25 PM
Great info on the guage cluster install, would love to see it on the bike too!

indus49
08-30-2023, 12:07 PM
Great info on the guage cluster install, would love to see it on the bike too!

It's on my new KPM200 Resources site I built:
https://kpm200resources.com/aftermarket-speedometer/

DABBY724
09-22-2023, 06:04 PM
does anyone know if the NGK CPR7EAIX-9 Iridium IX Spark Plug is compatible with the KPM200?

JimS
09-23-2023, 07:22 PM
It will fit and work but is 1 step hotter than the recommended CPR8EAIX-9

DABBY724
09-28-2023, 09:54 PM
Anyone run into an odometer issue with the KPM200? I've only rode about 7-8 miles according to my phone gps but the bike's odometer says I rode 15 miles. That's a huge discrepancy. Any tips on fixing the issue?

KPMnoob
10-01-2023, 01:32 PM
I just got a KMP 200 from a private seller and think they stripped the oil drain plug. Does anyone have the size/thread specs of the drain plug? I want to try an oversize plug before I have to do the full re-tap of the hole. Has anyone tried this?

DABBY724
10-25-2023, 06:50 PM
Apologies for the extremely noob question since this is my first bike ever but my chain keeps loosening over a few days of riding, can anyone give me a solution in preventing that?

dr99miller
11-22-2023, 11:00 PM
Apologies for the extremely noob question since this is my first bike ever but my chain keeps loosening over a few days of riding, can anyone give me a solution in preventing that?
The stock chain gave me fits, had to replace a lost a tensioner. Got this one from Amazon and haven't had any issues since, even with a larger front sprocket:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XLZNYQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

RobertSX4
01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
I am probably early but has anyone identified the measurements of seals needed to rebuild the front forks? Is oil quantity same as the KPR200 even though these forks are inverted?

Bender0vr
02-09-2024, 03:13 PM
Hello I’m looking for a gasket for the crankcase and everything I find is mislabeled online for other shaped bikes. Anyone know anywhere I can order the gasket that won’t make me wait weeks to receive it?

JerryHawk250
02-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Hello I’m looking for a gasket for the crankcase and everything I find is mislabeled online for other shaped bikes. Anyone know anywhere I can order the gasket that won’t make me wait weeks to receive it?

Contact American Lifan. contact@americanlifan.com (909) 775-7068 or the dealer you bought the bike from. Parts should be available.