PDA

View Full Version : Vader 125 stunt set up

Underachiever
09-22-2020, 09:08 AM
Alright guys, been learning wheelies on the grom clone and finally looped yesterday. Time to get some frame sliders and other goodies. Just looking for recommendations for beginner stunt set ups and bike protection. Thanks in advance

RedCrowRides
09-22-2020, 10:46 AM
Check Ebay and 402 Innovations and see what the cheapest 12 bar you can get is.,you can get front/rear axle sliders and bar end sliders cheap off Ebay as well in the color of your choice .The biggest issue you will have stunting is dropping the bike on its side and breaking your foot peg mounts / rearsets ,the best solution i know for this is Z & Z designs just came out with a $165 set of steel rearsets that have folding steel pegs ,the mounting plates are available powder coated in the color of your choice ,i run these on my stunted out Vader and they are awesome .,they are some of the cheapest stunt quality rearsets out there but also some of the strongest, you wont break em . ,and due to the pegs folding design you likely wont break those and if you do, Z & Z carries replacement pegs.

I run a 402 12 bar mainly because it was the cheapest i could find but it aint never broke on me , i doubt you will beat the price but "maybe" you can get one from thailand off Ebay for less if they are on Sale and you dont mind the longish shipping time. Only other thing you might want to swap is get some stronger aluminum handlebars quick as you can, the stock ones just wont hold up to stunting long, they gonna bend up easy if you drop the bike practicing ( and you will ) and they dont bend back well, and then stress crack and break after a few times of that .You can get some decent ones off Ebay for a Grom ,if you can afford the riser adapters get some 1" bars they lot stronger than 7/8" ones , the adapters arent expensive.

RedCrowRides
09-22-2020, 10:50 AM
Tried to attach a photo of mine for reference but couldnt make it work lol.

Underachiever
09-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Thanks man! I'll probably end up grabbing all of those. Do you know if the frame sliders fit? I just really wanna give the bike some cushion if it falls cause I already broke the front turn signal

RedCrowRides
09-23-2020, 07:02 AM
if you mean the frame sliders that bolt on the rear sets yeah there is a hole you can put them on, but the Grom style that bolt on up higher and off the rear sets wont. I would post a picture of what type works but the post photo function seems to be broken atm on the site, the kind that will work is just a black plastic looking dowel on a bolt tho .,about 4 - 5" long.

masked avenger
09-29-2020, 02:11 PM
if you mean the frame sliders that bolt on the rear sets yeah there is a hole you can put them on, but the Grom style that bolt on up higher and off the rear sets wont. I would post a picture of what type works but the post photo function seems to be broken atm on the site, the kind that will work is just a black plastic looking dowel on a bolt tho .,about 4 - 5" long.

JB Stuntz on youtube is running BMX pegs on his rearsets, seems to work pretty well