PDA

View Full Version : michigan

TeamCheap
04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
I was hoping to make a run up north this weekend for the first ride of the year but right now the weather is calling for rain but it's still early in the week.
(I dont even think any other people ride offroad in michigan :roll: )

TeamCheap
04-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Either everyone in michigan with a china bike is to broke to go riding or they just keep them on the road.
(Hmmm maybe I'm the only one in michigan)

TeamCheap
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO

Nope no one else in michigan.
Its useless. :roll:

culcune
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
What about south? (no, not Arizona where I live, although that would be nice!)

AZ200cc
04-22-2008, 04:24 PM
HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO

Nope no one else in michigan.
Its useless. :roll:

You're going to have to recruit some members :lol:

TeamCheap
04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
I think most people around here that have china bikes just use them to patrol the roads for tossed cans for the .10 cent refund.

Or maybe they sold the metal from their china bike for scrap to put food on the table. (michigan-the one state recession)

katoranger
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
I think most people around here that have china bikes just use them to patrol the roads for tossed cans for the .10 cent refund.

Or maybe they sold the metal from their china bike for scrap to put food on the table. (michigan-the one state recession)

I picked up alot of cans on my xr75.
(IA-5 cent)
Allen

DesertDog
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
:?: maybe they're protesting and no one has shown up at the rally so they all went home

Greedy
06-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Either everyone in michigan with a china bike is to broke to go riding or they just keep them on the road.

We ride in Trenton, Mi. all the time. If anyone has a moped or anything close, lets organize a ride this summer. Maybe ride from coffee shop to coffee shop or?
My wife and I have rode with a couple groups and it is great fun. The more people the better. Anyone up for a ride this summer?

DesertDog
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I was hoping to make a run up north this weekend for the first ride of the year but right now the weather is calling for rain but it's still early in the week.

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:46 am Post subject:

DesertDog
06-22-2008, 11:28 AM

We ride in Trenton, Mi. all the time. If anyone has a moped or anything close, lets organize a ride this summer. Maybe ride from coffee shop to coffee shop or?
My wife and I have rode with a couple groups and it is great fun. The more people the better. Anyone up for a ride this summer?

like iron fist says

R.R.R. ride,repair,repete.

Greedy
06-22-2008, 11:31 AM

We race MX, AMA or MRA. We have a couple practice tracks to ride on as well. We rage mopeds around when not at a track. If you go riding or need some company, let us know:)

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:46 am Post subject:

TeamCheap
06-22-2008, 11:32 AM

My wife and I have rode with a couple groups and it is great fun. The more people the better. Anyone up for a ride this summer?Hmm trenton, thats on the other side of the metro area (close) it's doable.
I keep thinking of that movie "the warriors" :lol: and making it back home thru the city. :lol:

I dont have a moped or scooter I do have a motorized bicycle :lol: and we have our dualsport bikes.

psheffie
06-29-2008, 01:16 AM
I am up in Marquette and I would love to have any one in the area to do any sort of ride with.

I dont know the area all that well but I have been learning more since i bought the bike.

TeamCheap
06-29-2008, 06:31 AM
I am up in Marquette and I would love to have any one in the area to do any sort of ride with.

I dont know the area all that well but I have been learning more since i bought the bike.How far are you willing to drive/ride to meet up.

have you been to this site yet.
Michigan ORV maps (http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html)
Map 2 looks interesting but I cant honestly say when I could make it to the U.P. and to make it to these trails would take us ohh about 7 hours I'm guessing.

This appears to be the parking National geographic SAT map of MI.ORV map 2-fun to play with (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/map-machine#theme=Satellite&c=-87.9438271909837|46.265089319352&sf=4508.935525068)
This is a Michigan ORV map.(scanned - sorry)
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/TeamCheap/MichiganORVmap2.jpg

Map 21 near cheboygan (black lake) would be possible at some time though.Black lake trails (http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/spatialdatalibrary/pdf_maps/trail_maps/orv/blacklk.pdf)
This area is just east of the bridge at the northern edge of the L.P. and I remember it as a hilly, very fun and challenging area but that was years ago.They probably have the hills off limits now because of erosion :roll: .

SAT map of black lake trails PARKING area (just because I can) (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/map-machine#theme=Satellite&c=-84.2584805951477|45.520666756399&sf=4508.935525068) :lol:

IronFist
06-29-2008, 01:41 PM
How far are you guys in michigan, from Sarnia ontario. Do any of you cross the border to canada anywhere. There is a bridge there I think? I don't have a passport so I can't go past the border. Sarnia is only about 3 hours away, by highway for me and I'm going to be there anyway later next month. But I'd make the trip anytime if there was a street ride or back roads somewhere. My current bike can't off road. :(

Sarnia, Welland, Niagra Falls, Ottawa, Toronto. Almost 2 years now and I still haven't rode with anyone. I'd ride a long way just to have a coffee with a member. :D

Greedy
06-29-2008, 02:40 PM

My wife and I have rode with a couple groups and it is great fun. The more people the better. Anyone up for a ride this summer?Hmm trenton, thats on the other side of the metro area (close) it's doable.
I keep thinking of that movie "the warriors" :lol: and making it back home thru the city. :lol:

I dont have a moped or scooter I do have a motorized bicycle :lol: and we have our dualsport bikes.

Perhaps if you are on the other side of Detroit, Detroit is the place to ride. Belle Isle maybe? We can truck the bikes there if needed.

TeamCheap
06-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I/we live close enough to run the detroit bridge, tunnel or I can run thru at port huron(sarnia).
I/we dont have are passports either but could get them easy enough I suppose.

I dont really want to run over the border even though canada is cool i'd hate to go thru customs and get hassled and have them rifle thru all our stuff.(could lead to an international event :lol: )

Greedy
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
I/we live close enough to run the detroit bridge, tunnel or I can run thru at port huron(sarnia).

I dont really want to run over the border even though canada is cool i'd hate to go thru customs and get hassled and have them rifle thru all our stuff.(could lead to an international event :lol: )

How far are you from Peterborough/Guelph? We have a pal there if you are closer to there?

TeamCheap
06-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Greedy I live almost due north of you on the other side of the detroit metro area.

We usually just head up north with the bikes in tow since it is a bit of a hual and ride for a good part of the day offroad.
We have talked about going to port huron and just running the streets and stuff for a day.

Greedy
06-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, if Port Huron is the spot, we have a couple options, ride the ZZR there or truck the peds. Either would be fun. Maybe even make it a weekend camping trip. We used to camp all the time but never on a bike. We bought a small tent that fits in the saddle bags so we are waiting to try it out.

IronFist
06-29-2008, 06:34 PM

How far are you from Peterborough/Guelph? We have a pal there if you are closer to there?

I'm 40 minutes from Guelph, In Canada, that's next door. I've gone to Guelph for a coffee and a donut. I'd do that ride anytime at the drop of a hat. Peterborough is about an hour and a half. Samething. As long as I'm not out on a long ride, let me know in the morning and I'd be there.

09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
My name says it all!!!!