PDA

View Full Version : Bd125-15 baodiao

Sprungemonkey
10-06-2020, 08:18 PM
hey new here i picked up a bd125- 15. The bike is a 2016 model I forgot what the fellow told me what kinda it was a knock off from. Cleaned the carb got it running to idle. Cleaned the gas out of to which my son said smell like vodkas no i wonder what he been drinking. Change fuel line and took of fuel filter. I need a proper size fuel line and filter i used the left over 1/4 from the lawn mower. Anyways the right side of the outer cover that say baodia on it got a oil leak bad. I order some 10 dollar gasket kit from Amazon that worked on a tao tao hoping for the best on this.
The rear break hose has a big leak as well. So I need a line to replace that one. I put 10w 40 motorcycle oil in the oil case and ran it for a minute drained out 2 tanks out and it looks white when hot is that good. Dont look like the oil colors when it goes in there. My car oil changes dont look like that at oil. I figured some water maybe but 2 oil changes seem like a lot. Figure a 3rd one will be done when I fix this gasket. I drove it around the round the block real quick it seemed kinda of shaky or unstable at 30 mph. Any help on how to fix these would be great first bike at the age of 40. The sons and me want to get riding suck that winter right around the corner but good time to fix the bike. Also any link that has this info would be great as well

RedCrowRides
10-07-2020, 12:23 AM
You can get the rear brake hose from Kronik Racing in California ( Google em ) ,also no the oil should not be milky or white, sounds like the crankcase got full of water somehow, keep changing the oil out til it stays the correct color. My guess is someones kid stuck the garden hose in the muffler while washing it ( my 3 year old did that to my quadracer 250 and i didnt know it) or possibly crossed a creek and drowned it ( previous Owners are good at "forgetting" to mention they did that) .
As far as the "shaky " feeling, gonna need to check front and rear wheel bearings for side play and make sure the engine mount bolts are not broken, the Boom 125's are notorious for breaking the engine mounting bolts until you replace them with some hi grade ones ,if i had to guess i'd check that first.

Big Bird
10-07-2020, 12:01 PM
It's a gen 1 honda grom clone. "125cc Pit bike" stuff should work for the engine.

Sprungemonkey
10-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the help the bike sat for like 3 years i was told got a gasket kit on the way. I did find a rear hose gonna order one up. Did some reading here seem like this thing is high maintenance lol. Got to get the throttle level tighten up for sure she need a little love. I will see how much I can do before winter hits and it get to cold. Also I took out the wrong plug for the oil drain at first that bar and spring came falling out i put the rubber part up first than not really sure which way it cam out since it fell when I was not looking. Than I said woops wrong one lol
What is that bar with the 3 holes for anyways.

Bruces
10-09-2020, 08:51 PM
The wrong oil drain plug is the timing chain tensioner ,get it all back together before trying to start it for sure .