PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat VM22 carburetor and 26mm intake realignment

China Rider 27
10-11-2020, 01:07 PM
The first time I saw the manifold and carb facing forward on the Hellcat, I thought that don’t get it in terms of looks or function. Within a couple of weeks of the Hellcat arrival I installed the 26mm intake and VM22. It sits just off a right angle to the frame and is at risk of damage should the bike fall on the left side. I ordered a spinner and that helped some but was limited by the starter solenoid and housing. The only way to get more clearance is to raise the carburetor over the housing and you can gain a notch on the spinner. I ordered two more spinners. With some 45-degree silicone hose carefully cut and with manipulation of angles you can get the POD tucked away. The result much more pleasing in its looks, lines, and its function. With careful downward tilting and adjustment of angles, assessed by holding the plastic panel up to its location it looks to clear the side panel. Not perfect as the left leg will rest against it at a point but given the options it appears to be the best solution.

RedCrowRides
10-11-2020, 01:48 PM
Nailed it !

China Rider 27
10-11-2020, 03:26 PM
I realized this post was missing one more picture. That being the side panel pushed into place showing the clearance. No adjustment has been made to the POD filter from the previous pix. Looks like it needs to tweaked down a fraction of an inch.

Deckard_Cain
10-11-2020, 08:54 PM
Nicely done.

Got any links to the mounting plate adaptors you used to rotate the intake? Maybe one for the silicone hose too?

China Rider 27
10-11-2020, 09:40 PM
I would check Amazon and Ebay to find the best shipping and prices.

But I used for the spinner which uses a paper gasket between them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F9VXDNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but the company I got them from jacked me around on a later order so I might try one from another company with the rubber o ring.

The silicone hose

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ITWIFZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The other thing I suggest is using a dremel with a sanding flap disk and roughing up the inner diameter of the spinner so fuel does not collect on it as it comes smooth. I just did the circumference when I put it together. It is beveled some on the edges off the circumference, if I take it apart I will rough up that area too. You also need a short piece of 1 1/2 inch PVC drain pipe obtainable at any hardware store to mount the POD filter in the hose. I have had no issues running this setup for several weeks.