PDA

View Full Version : Tt 250

Comodin
10-16-2020, 12:04 PM
Hello, I’m 58 and in 2 hrs approximately will go and buy my very first off road motorcycle. Never been nor ridden off road. I’m coming from the touring motorcycle world. Any last minute pro and cons for buying this motorcycle? All advice will be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

JerryHawk250
10-16-2020, 12:36 PM
Welcome aboard! Excellent choice on the bike. Just do regular maintenance and the bike should last a long time. CSC has good tutorials on there web site for the TT250. I have a a Hawk which is a cheaper version on the TT250. 4 rears old with over 8500 miles on it. Don't expect a whole lot of power at first. Give the bike some time to break in and she will loosen and wake up. Read through the Hawk Resource Guide Sticky at the top of the duel sport section, Lots of good info in there which also apply to the TT250.

Wild Dog
10-18-2020, 12:16 PM
Don't expect a whole lot of power at first.

I think that for a first time rider that's a plus. The other day i was talking to a friend who bought a Yamaha Raptor 700. While were talking about off road we did bring back our "first time riding a motorcycle".
Mine was with a tame chinese 4 stroke engine, which was a dream to handle, his was with a spiced up YZ 250. He still has a nasty sand rash to prove it...

Comodin i think a Chinese enduro is a great choice to start they are not expensive, they are very reliable and stock they are tame enough to make it an enjoyable ride.