PDA

View Full Version : Installed Tst fender elim./tail light and now bike won't start

Underachiever
11-20-2020, 03:35 PM
So as the title says, I installed the fender eliminator and integrated taillight on my vader 2. Wired it up (didn't see any reference pics or diagrams til after I had already chopped the harnesses), and now the bike won't start. It's wired as so:
Vader baby blue to Tst brown
Vader orange to tst green
Vader yellow and green to tst yellow
Vader brown to tst blue
Vader green to tst black
Vader green and brown pair of wires doing nothing and vader green ground I assume doing nothing.
When I turn the key nothing happens and dash doesn't light up. Battery is good and I also redid all the connections to make sure the wiring was good. Any suggestions on what to do? :thanks:

JerryHawk250
11-20-2020, 03:37 PM
Check for blown fuse.

Underachiever
11-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Check for blown fuse.

Any idea where all the fuses are? Checked the one under the seat and took of the right side fairing but don't see any others. Thanks man

JerryHawk250
11-20-2020, 03:59 PM
Any idea where all the fuses are? Checked the ones under the seat and took of the right side fairing but don't see any others. Thanks man
More than likely you will only have one fuse. Check that you have a good ground or none of your connectors have come loose. May have gotten loose while messing with the wires.

david3921
11-21-2020, 12:27 AM
Something is rattling around in my head about someone else having a similar problem. Something to do with the bike needing to "see" the resistance from the incandescent bulb. Maybe I'm off base on this though. Do you have to engage the brake to start the bike?

Another thought; what do mean by this?

Vader green and brown pair of wires doing nothing and vader green ground I assume doing nothing.

If you have green wires hanging around, try grounding them and see what happens.

Underachiever
11-21-2020, 11:13 AM
Something is rattling around in my head about someone else having a similar problem. Something to do with the bike needing to "see" the resistance from the incandescent bulb. Maybe I'm off base on this though. Do you have to engage the brake to start the bike?

Another thought; what do mean by this?

If you have green wires hanging around, try grounding them and see what happens.
Thanks for the tips, but yeah I mean exactly that, they're just dangling doing nothing. The green and brown pair of wires were in a harness together ( that's what I mean by pair) and the other green just has some plastic melted over the connector and wasn't doing anything from the start. I wired it based on someone else's work and that's how they had it and it worked but I'm gonna give that a try

Medicbobs
11-22-2020, 08:12 PM
So as the title says, I installed the fender eliminator and integrated taillight on my vader 2. Wired it up (didn't see any reference pics or diagrams til after I had already chopped the harnesses), and now the bike won't start. It's wired as so:
Vader baby blue to Tst brown
Vader orange to tst green
Vader yellow and green to tst yellow
Vader brown to tst blue
Vader green to tst black
When I turn the key nothing happens and dash doesn't light up. Battery is good and I also redid all the connections to make sure the wiring was good. Any suggestions on what to do? :thanks:

Check out my post on the wiring. It took me a minute to figure it out and I blew a couple fuses, so if it's not starting I'd check that first. I have the same tail light and have everything working so double check the wiring once more.

*Green is always a ground on this bike. That left over brown wire is for the license plate light. There is a picture included in the post too. Let me know if you need any help.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=27297