PDA

View Full Version : SSR scrambler concept

dh
11-28-2020, 10:01 AM
Check out this 2018 SSR 250 dual sport cafe style for $2400 on OfferUp

https://offerup.co/Bklemi8FMbb

Cool bike. As far as I can tell, this bike is an SSR prototype that never went to production. I have only seen it once in photos and videos taken at an AIMExpo a few years back. I have messaged the seller to confirm if this is the case.

2LZ
11-28-2020, 03:40 PM
That thing is SUPER COOL!

culcune
11-29-2020, 12:49 AM
I recall seeing this bike as a future model. It would have sold some, although the way the seller makes it appear is that SSR actually did sell some. I understand that when distributors are going through EPA/DOT testing, they can have a prototype that eventually needs to be destroyed or shipped out of the US. However, this bike is probably one of the several model names that many Chinese manufacturers list on their EPA/DOT certificates, and this would most certainly have been listed under the XF250 range (like the Snake Eyes a few years back). Meaning, a prototype would have been a fully certified bike to begin with and thus would be able to be sold if that is the case. But, again, perhaps SSR brought a few in and sold them, but we most certainly would have heard of that if that was the case.