PDA

View Full Version : New Owner Boom BD125-8 - Gas Gauge and Hanging Plug

DBlockRidez
12-10-2020, 02:26 AM
Hi Fellow China Riders!
Long time lurker -first time owner and poster here from Los Angeles!
I just picked up a Boom Vader 125-8 (Lil Duc) From Pete at Kronik Racing in Simi Valley.
Awesome owner and went out of his way for me so shout out to him.

I went to fill up gas today and put 1 Gallon in and my Gauge still showed I was empty and it was blinking. I also have a wire that is hanging and is unplugged. Figured they were related which he verified must of either fell out or not connected by Boom the distributor.

Pete offered to fix it for me and to schedule some time with him to do it but in the mean time I figured I'd do some research to see if I can fix it myself (That and I wanted to continue riding!). He gave me a run down on what I needed to do basically to remove the Trellis Frame which I was able to do but still was not sure where the plug would to.

I decided before I start tearing down more pieces off my brand new motorcycle I'd ask on the forums to see if I could get some help.

Here are some pictures of my progress:

I did a search and found some good posts here like:
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22416&highlight=Fuel+Gauge

After some research I think I've identified the wire here:
https://safervideos.com/pictures/product-parts-manuals/BD125-1.pdf
Page 21 of 28 - Item 106 -Which seems to be the Float Assembly sensor:

So now that it is identified - I was hoping I could lay on my fellow China Riders to help point me in the right direction as where to plug this hanging wire into so that I could get it working. I was not sure if the plug was to the gauge (it did not seem like the wire would reach) - or if anyone was familiar to where I plug this into so I don't tear the whole bike apart.

I'll continue to research but thanks in advance everyone and I'm enjoying the 5 miles I've put on it so far!

Deckard_Cain
12-10-2020, 08:46 AM
Looking at your pics, I think you are correct as to it's function-

Now.. as to how to connect it, I think the plug end you are holding is what plugs into the float sender itself. Look under the tank for the plug wires coming off the sender, they should match up to the "mystery" plug.

DBlockRidez
12-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Looking at your pics, I think you are correct as to it's function-

Now.. as to how to connect it, I think the plug end you are holding is what plugs into the float sender itself. Look under the tank for the plug wires coming off the sender, they should match up to the "mystery" plug.

Hey Deckard_Cain,

Thanks so much for the reply. The plug I'm holding actually is coming from the float sender/bottom of the gas tank. I think it needs to plug into the Main Harness somewhere. I was just hoping someone could point me to where on the main harness- like is it towards the exhaust? or is it near the gauge cluster?

I'm going to attempt to rip everything apart this Sunday otherwise lol.

Deckard_Cain
12-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Hey Deckard_Cain,

Thanks so much for the reply. The plug I'm holding actually is coming from the float sender/bottom of the gas tank. I think it needs to plug into the Main Harness somewhere. I was just hoping someone could point me to where on the main harness- like is it towards the exhaust? or is it near the gauge cluster?

I'm going to attempt to rip everything apart this Sunday otherwise lol.

OK, I had my side plastics off yesterday, I took a picture of where my fuel float plug is and the frame side that it goes into.

The vehicle side plug is zip tied right above the ignition coil. Green ground, white with yellow stripe. Note that the fuel sender side is green ground (grn is always ground on China bikes) and solid yellow.

https://i.imgur.com/a3yKpv0.jpg?1

DBlockRidez
12-11-2020, 03:50 PM
Thanks a ton! This is going to help me tremendously.
Hopefully I have access to a garage tonight to work on it. I'll let you know!

:thanks:

DBlockRidez
12-30-2020, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to say I did get this taken care of. Your pictures really helped out.
Thank you!

Deckard_Cain
12-30-2020, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to say I did get this taken care of. Your pictures really helped out.
Thank you!

Glad to hear it! Ride on!

culcune
12-30-2020, 10:49 PM
Where in L.A. are you? My parents still live in Northridge (now forced to be called Porter Ranch by the post office, lol )in the same house we moved into when I was 10 in 1979. Bought for $140k now worth around $950K to $1M. I had moved back to Northridge for about 19 months from Jan. 2018 to Sept. 2019. I had issues with my family not moving with me from Yuma, AZ, so decided to settle back here in Yuma. I got to know Pete from Kronik visiting his store numerous times and encourage people to shop for pitbikes and the 'clone' minis from him. I think it's good for all of us in general to have an actual brick and mortar shop that also mail-orders bikes and parts from his shop.

DBlockRidez
01-04-2021, 12:36 AM
I live in Northridge :) - Zip Code says I'm in Porter Ranch.
And yes it's great knowing Pete/Brick and Mortar shop is close if I ever run into problems I can't handle.