PDA

View Full Version : Noise in front wheel

karellen
12-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Bike is new, only has 6 miles or so since I'm waiting for registration.

https://youtu.be/R2WK1orzVGI

grumpyunk
12-21-2020, 10:59 AM
I would likely take a look at the speedo cable.(and the part that rotates with the wheel) The gear inside the hub (most) has 2 slots, and there is a metal part with two 'teeth' that fit into the slots. If things get out of place, or the speedo gear is not meshed properly, you will get similar noises.
You may have to pull the axle and drop the wheel to see inside the hub. If you do, try to insure the gear slots mesh with the two teeth of the part that rotates with the wheel. Then put the hub back on the wheel, move into position, and stab the axle bolt. The speedo cable should slide in without hard pushing, and if it does not, rotate the gear a slight amount and try again. The teeth may not want to move to the mesh without a bit of assist. You could try pulling the cable & gear and re-inserting after rotating a bit. If you speedo works, it could be electronic, I don't know, then I'd still look at the hub area, and the brake pads & rotor.
tom

China Rider 27
12-21-2020, 12:12 PM
While you are at it and have the wheel off, check the wheel bearing rotation to be sure they are not glitched or roll with an awkward feel or sound.