PDA

View Full Version : CFMoto 700 CL-X

wheelbender6
01-05-2021, 07:00 PM
CFMoto continues to introduce new bikes.

-The 700 CL-X is an interesting mix of styles.
The front half looks classic or retro with the round headlight and rounded tank.
The rear looks more contemporary.
Maybe its the new norm.

-The engine is Kawasaki based (rather than KTM).

More info and video at the link.
https://advrider.com/cfmoto-700-cl-x-retro-flash-chinese-construction/

Ninjaguy23
01-05-2021, 09:56 PM
Very interesting!
Can’t wait to see what they come up with next??

Rokoneer
01-06-2021, 05:27 PM
It looks to be styled similarly to the Indian FTR 1200 to me.

olds_cool63
01-06-2021, 07:25 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdschultz
01-06-2021, 07:43 PM
If you take a look at CF Moto’s web site their bikes are pretty impressive. Hope to see this new bike in the States soon.

wheelbender6
01-07-2021, 03:15 PM
I read today that the Benelli Leoncino Scambler is definitely coming to the states. I hope CFMoto will come here and compete, as the Leoncino is not much cheaper than a Japanese bike.

culcune
01-07-2021, 06:28 PM
We had CFMoto bikes based on the Kawasaki Versys. I recall a Polish ex-pat in China on the Mychinamoto site bad-mouthing CFMoto as he had one and it had all sorts of problems. The few they brought in apparently had issues, too. CFMoto simply stopped bringing them in. The naysayer on Mychinamoto ended up getting a newer one, and his hatred of all bikes Chinese came to an end with his new CFMoto. He couldn't stop singing his bike's praises. Which made it frustrating because CFMoto had no more plans to bring in the 'fixed' models back to the US. My guess, however, is even if they choose to sell full-size bikes here, they will try to get near Japanese prices for them like Benelli, or at least the MSRP will reflect high prices and they will have to discount them to move them. We are spoiled here without high tariffs on motorcycles unlike many countries around the world whose tariffs allow 'discount' bikes from China to enter their markets and fill the niche for lower cost bikes with near-ish Japanese features.

EDIT: The CFMoto bike is BUTT ugly, but I am not, and have not been, a fan of the missing-rear look of the new crop of bikes. I couldn't care less if Ducati started the trend, it is just ugly and unfinished. NO ONE should be competing to put out such an ugly piece of work...:lmao:

wheelbender6
01-07-2021, 07:52 PM
I like the styling of the Himalayan and new RE Twins. (Showing my age!)
-A lot of young people are buying the Hima too.

culcune
01-08-2021, 01:01 PM
I like the styling of the Himalayan and new RE Twins. (Showing my age!)
-A lot of young people are buying the Hima too.

Everyone likes the subtle 'adventure' styling offered on bikes nowadays. That Himalaya is appealing to me, too, LOL From what I gather, the Continental GT is the quality bike, whereas the Himalaya is the quirky bike with 'character'.

Side note--my mother-in-law tends to speak in generalities without getting all the details. She used to tell of the stretch of time my father-in-law in the late 70s and early 80s had an Indian motorcycle that used to break down on him 'all the time.' This was in Ventura County; he worked as a cook in a Howard Johnsons on the swing shift. According to her, it happened every other night he would break down, walk around and find a phone or a ride, and then go and fix his bike.

My father-in-law explained it was not an Indian; it was a Royal Enfield. And it wasn't every other night; it was once a week or every two weeks and happened for a few months until he got his car running again. Sounds like a Chinese bike in the mid-2000s only we had a forum, lol.