PDA

View Full Version : 2019 BD125-15 not going into gear? Help!

KouSport
02-23-2021, 03:59 PM
I went riding and my bike no longer goes into gear.

I was cruising in 3rd gear and when I went to shift into 4th, it changed and engage and as I got on the throttle, it felt like it went into neutral. The bike didn't shut off and I was still able to cycle down to 3rd, 2nd, neutral, and 1st but it doesn't engage. The bike starts up and idles but it doesn't go into gear. I can move the gear shifter and I hear it click but it doesn't engage. Plus, I can't get into 4th gear at all. The gear indicator shows the goes going from 1st, to neutral, to 2nd, and to 3rd, but won't go into 4th.

What can be wrong, please help me, I'm a newbie too. I hope I didn't mess anything up.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

JerryHawk250
02-23-2021, 04:18 PM
Did you check to see if the chain is still on the front sprocket or maybe the shaft or sprocket is stripped.

KouSport
02-23-2021, 04:35 PM
Did you check to see if the chai is still on the front sprocket or maybe the shaft or sprocket is stripped.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Wow, you are right on.....I didn't even think to check the chain. I just went outside to look and boom.....nothing was there.

I just hope now that I didn't mess anything up.

Do I have to drain the oil to remove the cover to change out put a new chain on? Thanks.

JerryHawk250
02-23-2021, 05:03 PM
No need to drain the oil. You will only need to remove the sprocket cover.

JerryHawk250
02-23-2021, 05:06 PM
Here's a video that should help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUddqSdfmV8

TxTaoRider
02-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Isn't it nice when it turns out to be something simple and cheap to fix? Lol

KouSport
02-23-2021, 07:05 PM
Isn't it nice when it turns out to be something simple and cheap to fix? Lol

For reals yup.

I hope that after I get the parts in that it will be able to go into 4th gear again too. Also, since I'm changing the chain, I'll do the 17T front sprocket too.