PDA

View Full Version : Hensim 150 help

jtm087
04-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know what size the oil pan bolt is? I have made 3 trips to advanced auto parts only to but the wrong size, went up to 22mm still too small, I ended up having to use a wrench but that started to strip the bolt; also I cannot get the spark plug out, its in at such an angle that I cannot get a regular 3/8' spark plug socket in their. One last thing, what are regular maintenance procedure for a bike that has been stored all winter in the cold?

culcune
04-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Have you contacted Hensim?

coleary15
04-22-2008, 07:37 PM
regular after winter storage rep is clean the carb...take it off and pull off o-rings and soak the carb in cleaner, empty fuel tank and replace oil and pull off ignition coil thing by the gas tank and make sure connectors are spotless of rust...

DesertDog
04-22-2008, 09:36 PM
try a 15 or 17 mm socket (wrench)

kelly5150
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Hope this helps ?

Use a Thin-Wall socket instead of a spark plug socket . Throw a rubber washer in there to protect the porceline if you want . Use a swivel head socket wrench and three inch extension if you need to also to give yourself that much more play room to do that job. It shouldn't be this hard though ?
E-Bay has those oil pan bolts, cheap, I saw them the other night, you look . Type in Pit-Bike parts and search away on oil pan bolts, they are there somewhere . Never use a wrench to get those out if you can help it, always a socket , they work better, no stripping involved . Lefty loosey, righty tighty , remember that .
As far as after winter re-start , it depends how it was stored ?
If you left gas in it , follow Coleary's advice. Change the oil too reguardless, sitting there builds up condensation in the cases , change it !
If no gas was left in there and the carb screw was loose and everything drained out properly for winter , then you should be able to pour gas in it and go pretty much. You may want to shoot carb and choke cleaner into the carb, alot of it with the drain screw open too prior to that. Also, if the tank was empty and open, then blow it out, fill it up and go ride . If it wasn't, throw away the gas, buy super unleaded, pour it in, drain it a bit, drain the carb a bit with the new gas and ride on man . Also, check your plug, replace it if you have any doubts of its condition . Or clean it and regap it . Throw it away, they are c too cheap not to jsut have a new one if it has a season on it already . A good blast of clean electricity when your restoring a bike is a good idea, spark plugs are cheap , just buy another if it looks too used up . This should also tell you how it is running, too lean, too rich , from the carbon or lack of carbon build-up on that plug when you check it before you kickstart this beast for the first of the season.

Good luck and I hope this helps you out .
Sincerely, Kelly 5150 out

jtm087
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
thanks guys for all your help, I will go give it a try

jtm087
04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
how do you drain outthe old fuel??

culcune
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Take the tank off; should allow you to pour all the gas out.

katoranger
04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Remove the petcock and let it drain from there. Flush it with a little new gas. Blow it out with compressed air if you have it.

Allen