PDA

View Full Version : Zonie Newbie

Tractor Tom
03-22-2021, 12:57 PM
Greetings from Arizona! My Hawk 250 is arriving in early April. I’m very impressed and thankful for the info I’ve already found on this site. I also appreciate the “tone” - everyone seems very friendly and helpful so far.

I live near the little town of Yarnell, known mostly for where 19 wildland firefighters tragically perished. It’s also a mountainous area with wonderful twisty pavement and dirt roads. I grew up on mini-bikes and transitioned to street and enduros. Besides street bikes I still own a Honda XR500 I bought new in 1979. At 72, I’m mostly into forest service roads and easier single-track trails.

I have rebuilt several street and dirt bikes which is another reason I appreciate all the great info I have found on the forum. It’s real world info and practical advice. I’m a Honda fan and still do all the wrenching on my bikes. I love the new dual purpose 250/300cc Honda’s, I just can’t justify the expense. BTW, I have read that the Hawk is a clone of a Japanese bike, any guesses on which one?

I’m fascinated by the conversations here and on YouTube about the Chinese bikes. I liken it to the comments about Harbor Freight I’ve heard over the years. I’ve been buying from them before they had retail stores. Although they have evolved, you still must change your expectations and realize it’s often a trade-out between price and quality. What is the intended use? As an aside, I’m old enough to remember that “made in Japan” were dirty words.

Again, thanks for providing this forum and community. I look forward to learning more and contributing helpful and/or fun info. Happy Trails!

JerryHawk250
03-22-2021, 01:38 PM
Welcome aboard! We'll be looking forward to you contribution to the forum.

TxTaoRider
03-22-2021, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the site!