PDA

View Full Version : Moonshine

2LZ
03-23-2021, 10:16 PM
Guess what Mrs. 2LZ got me for my birthday last Saturday!?
Got some serious reading to do......
Any 'shiners here????

franque
03-24-2021, 07:35 AM
Unless you've got a license, you might want to keep that as a sculpture, if you catch my drift... The ATF doesn't look too kindly on homebrew.

Sport Rider
03-24-2021, 10:40 AM
it's fine for personal use. just can't sell it.

Not experienced with it. my son tried it once. was more involved than he was looking to do. he sticks with brewing beer.

2LZ
03-24-2021, 12:35 PM
it's fine for personal use. just can't sell it.

Not experienced with it. my son tried it once. was more involved than he was looking to do. he sticks with brewing beer.
Yep....just like making your own beer, wine, or growing your own pot, it's all fine here. You just better not sell it. It's the profit they want a chunk of if you do. I'm not worried about that anyway. If it turns out anything like my attempt at home brew, it'll be too awful to sell anyway! ;-)

montanaoffroader
03-24-2021, 02:52 PM
Where's the radiator? If you're going to do it right you need a radiator from a Nash or a Studebaker, lol.

Adds a distinctive flavor, among other things........

franque
03-24-2021, 03:32 PM
Home distilling alcohol is federally illegal for personal consumption, without fulfilling a bunch of complicated and expensive requirements. Beer and wine are legal to produce for personal consumption, but distilled spirits are not. I'm not trying to be a killjoy, I just don't want anyone to get in trouble, that's why it's a sculpture...

More reading: https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/7155304-is-making-moonshine-legal

I wouldn't be shocked if one or two members know about it, but this who do keep a tight lip about it, because again, illegal.

TheGriz
03-24-2021, 11:19 PM
Friend and I, while in our teens, set up a small still once many years ago. When it got down towards the end, we made the mistake of starting to sample our wares. We ended up oversampling and our still blew up. Both of us were on fire as well as the ground around the still. Thank god even drunk as heck, we were able to put everything out without any major damage. Still look back fondly on that time.

:lmao:

Bruces
03-24-2021, 11:41 PM
Two things .
First ,get yourself a soap on the rope ,pretty boys like you shouldn’t be going to the big house without it ,
Second ,please keep us posted ,I wanted to build myself a still at camp ,I don’t even drink ,just thought it looks like fun .

Wild Dog
03-25-2021, 09:13 AM
Moonshine, that's something i still need to drink. But it seems it is mostly a regional thing.

Home distilling alcohol is federally illegal for personal consumption, without fulfilling a bunch of complicated and expensive requirements. Beer and wine are legal to produce for personal consumption, but distilled spirits are not. I'm not trying to be a killjoy, I just don't want anyone to get in trouble, that's why it's a sculpture...

More reading: https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/7155304-is-making-moonshine-legal

I wouldn't be shocked if one or two members know about it, but this who do keep a tight lip about it, because again, illegal.

I took my time to read that article and it is quite amazing. For being the land of the free, you have way too many regulations and nays.

franque
03-25-2021, 10:25 AM
It's a heavily bureaucratized country, without a doubt.

wheelbender6
03-28-2021, 10:13 PM
When I was in Saudi Arabia, many of the American and British workers there secretly were distilling their own spirits. That is a very dangerous thing to do in that kingdom.