PDA

View Full Version : Lifan KP mini idling issue

Roadragon
03-27-2021, 07:54 PM
Hi, so I wasn't able to find this subject in here so I apologize if this has been posted before, but I just bought a new KP mini and I absolutely love it! It's so smooth and everything! However she hasn't been idling very well... She'd sit there and just die. Ok, probably cold right? Full choke? Die. Ok... So a little choke... Ok she's running ok. Choke off, die. So I throttle warm her up a bit with the choke closed. Still idling rough. So now I decide to set the idle up a bit higher. When I do, she idles where I want her to, but then she randomly starts revving up/not returning to the idle point. So I think "hmm maybe she's just getting warmed up now?" so I set the idle back. Runs great until I ride it. Now every time I stop, she dies. So has anyone else had that problem? What's the solution? I got some seafoam... Should I empty the fuel tanks and put fresh gas in?

For the record I am completely new to carbureted bikes and have very little mechanic experience but because she's pretty simply built and designed, I'm sure I could figure things out with the right guidance. My other bike is a 14 bonnie with mock carburetors and a mock "choke." (A throttle body thing that heightens your idle for starting. This is why the term "too much choke" is new to me... You just pull that throttle body thing all the way out and she starts right up.) TIA.