PDA

View Full Version : Lifan kp mini not starting now

Roadragon
03-28-2021, 05:53 PM
Ok so after yesterday’s inconsistent idling issues, my KP isn’t starting at all now. Fuel level is fine. What could be the problem? How do I fix this?

franque
03-29-2021, 09:39 AM
When you say that the fuel level is fine, are you saying you verified that there's fuel in the carb, or just the tank?

Roadragon
03-29-2021, 10:43 AM
When you say that the fuel level is fine, are you saying you verified that there's fuel in the carb, or just the tank?

Fuel in the carb. I tested it by shutting the little fuel valve off and on. I did find a disconnected hose at the bottom of the carb but maybe that’s the snorkel? If not, what does it connect to?

JerryHawk250
03-29-2021, 10:47 AM
Did you check if the plug is firing? Have you adjusted the valves? If the valves aren't adjusted and valves are set with no gap you might be losing compression which would explain the rough idle.

Roadragon
03-30-2021, 12:29 PM
Did you check if the plug is firing? Have you adjusted the valves? If the valves aren't adjusted and valves are set with no gap you might be losing compression which would explain the rough idle.

Trying to find someone who can adjust the valves as I do not have the tools or enough know how to do it yet.

JerryHawk250
03-30-2021, 12:44 PM
Trying to find someone who can adjust the valves as I do not have the tools or enough know how to do it yet.

Where are you located? Perhaps one of the members here lives close by and can give you a hand with it. It's fairly simple once you know how.

culcune
03-30-2021, 02:40 PM

Have you checked out Small Engine Velocity's channel. He started out his channel with the Lifan KPMini and he ended up learning to work and mod his along the way. I am fairly certain he did his valves. He is pretty responsive as well when you comment, so I would go on YouTube and find his KPMini videos. He has several out there.

Roadragon
04-02-2021, 09:31 AM
Where are you located? Perhaps one of the members here lives close by and can give you a hand with it. It's fairly simple once you know how.

I drive semi (with the bike...) so I’m basically located anywhere in the mainland US. Homes are NE and OR. Bike bought in NE.

Roadragon
04-02-2021, 09:32 AM
Have you checked out Small Engine Velocity's channel. He started out his channel with the Lifan KPMini and he ended up learning to work and mod his along the way. I am fairly certain he did his valves. He is pretty responsive as well when you comment, so I would go on YouTube and find his KPMini videos. He has several out there.

Yea I saw all that. Tried to contact him on Instagram. Didn’t get anything from that...

culcune
04-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Yea I saw all that. Tried to contact him on Instagram. Didn’t get anything from that...

Try him on YouTube.