PDA

View Full Version : loncin 125 4 speed manual start in neutral feature

warrior91
04-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey fellas, 125cc Loncin 4 speed
After some lean issues/plug probs the bike is running fine after some tuning....
however I seem to have a problem kicking this little bike over....no it doesn't have that much compression or I'm no Nancy boy...but the kicker just doesn't seem to catch every time and its getting worse.
This bike is a standard 125 horizontal with the start in neutral feature...Crap...Is there a one way sprag clutch somewhere or how does this work...There is tension on the kicker but only seems to catch every so often :roll: I'm checking/searching elswhere and will post answers anyway, but I was hoping to get a point in the right direction from here so I don't have to waste time with misinformation as it seems good advice is hard to find elswhere.

I'm thinking clutch is set too tight and drags a bit ?After that I will have to dissassemble probably :cry:
Hopefully a simple adjustment and I can have my daughter running tomorrow.

warrior91
04-26-2008, 09:35 PM
O.k. Seems that more freeplay in clutch helped...or cold motor...I hope this solves the prob...not just puts it off. :roll:

kelly5150
04-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Warrior91 ,

The Kickstart Pawl on the kickstart shaft may have a weak engagement gear on it or the spring on it may be weak that engages the gear ? I am not sure how Loncin is configured , sprung fork or slide gear on the Pawl ? In other words it isn't engaging fully when your kickstart arm-lever comes back to top after you kick it over .This alows the spring or gear to fully engage the peice that actually loads the arm again to kick it over which locks and loads the arm for kicking .

One thing I do know ( which isn't muich ) is on my 125 SUNL if I turn the clutch adjustment too much when adjsuting it , I get NO KICKSTART also just like your describing . It is probably one of those two problems . I noticed some of my China motors have some heavy duty Cosmoline grease type nasty stuff for lube ( when you actually find lube on these bikes ) on some pivot points on the motors ? That stuff will bind up even Grandpa or Garndma so it may be that some of that stuff is gumming up those gears or spring and it is just not able to engage well . Or if it is a Spring unit that throws the engage gear into proper order for kicking , it could have a weak spring there too . It is probably one of either the two problems . Or maybe the last gear tooth on the engager to kickstart pawl is missing a tooth or worn , or if it is just a single prong unit pawl then it may be wearing out too . If that clutch adjustment worked and stays working , well you know you got her . If not , I would bust open that case and see what you see . You ought to be able to see what its doing and still work the kickstart with the kicker arm re-installed after the case cover comes off .

Good luck , Kelly

warrior91
05-07-2008, 01:57 AM
http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8217&g2_serialNumber=2

Running good but I will be wrenching this weekend for mystery starter engagment and clutch upgrade...also rebuilding 700 raptor and fabricating new pipe ...I hope the paying customer does not keep me from the china bike for long...My daughter and I will be sad without it :cry:

And some farming as well...Probably minimal bike rides for a couple weeks :roll: Gotta make it to spend it I guess.

Check out the new photos in the gallery ( start pg. 12)
http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8194&g2_serialNumber=2

kelly5150
05-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Warrior91,
Nice looking bike , good job, clean and sanitary , I like that.

Cheers, Kelly