PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jacksons Beast build , pics

kelly5150
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Micheal Jackson called and wants his bike back :lol:

Just teasing, I said I would post pictures of this colorfull bike this weekend even if my dog died ( and she did ) so I did not break my promise . It is Sunday still 8:36 am. West Coast time U.S.A ......

Well here is Micheals bike, finished , without chain , its ordered . Going 428 all the way now . Shaft on the Lifan motor is for 428 so that's that .
It is actually redder than the photos my camera is lie-ing today .

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0176.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0177.jpg

This is the Shock Strutt Modification I did . It is two plates of hardened steel , spacers in between plates, hardened bolts and nuts, lock washers . The steel plates are shaped to the exact contour of the frame too .
Over-kill , but that's me . Culcune, I would type 1,000 words here, but I have changed my ways and the pics speak for themselves . Plus after my Mutt passed away I really don't have the energy left to do it to ya . :cry:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0178.jpg

This bike was alot of work and more money than I ever imagined. Was it worth it ? And more !
I hope Micheal is happy with his bike, I know I am .

Cheers, Kelly 5150 out :cry:

IronFist
04-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Kelly
Nothing helps that but time, sort of. I've got 2 dogs now, but I still miss the one we had 35 years ago. :cry: :( :cry: :(

culcune
04-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Kelly, glad to see your bike, in spite of your loss. Michael wouldn't ride it anyway, I think he would lure teen boys with it, the sick man.

DirtRoadKing
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Kelly, hey sorry about your loss, I know thats tuff stuff to deal with!
What kind of bars does Michael's bike have on it, and how wide are they? Thanks

kelly5150
04-27-2008, 10:00 PM
DirtRoadKing ,

Thanks for the inspiration .
The bars are Pro-Taper alluminum from Ecrox and they are 29" wide , 6" rise , 2-1/2" pullback taper .
Not expensive, about $30-ish delivered . Nice strong bars, they have the semi-solid honey-comb interior in the bars, very solid . I have bought a few pair now and they don't all have the honey-comb , so buyer beware . Not that it really is that significant , but I am sure it makes them stronger .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

newbie555
04-28-2008, 05:30 PM
how much did it end up being :?:

ejcycles
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Kelly5150

Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

kelly5150
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks Bruce , appreciate that .

Kelly out

kelly5150
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Newbee555, without any of my time, over $2,000 U.S.A dollars in parts and shipping .
With time in ? Priceless $$$$$$$$$.

Not for the timid budgetted person that's for sure .

Thanks, kelly

newbie555
04-29-2008, 06:55 PM
did you get chain yet if so how fast does it go :?:

kelly5150
04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Newbee555 ,
I just got an e-mail from my supplier , the chain and rear sprocket are on there way . I ordered two gold chains , one rear sprocket to change over to 428 because my Lifan motor is shafted on the counter sprocket ( front sprocket ) for 428 sized stuff. He did not charge me for either chain or rear sprocket , :lol: I had bought all 420 stuff from him as the Loncin motor that was broke was 420 shaft , so he figured he was mostly to blame on that one sending me Lifan motors that are 428 I suppose , so he sent this out to me for free. Not even shipping charges to me at all either . That's what happens when you buy several thousand dollars of parts in four months from one or two suppliers. They start taking good care of you.
So to answer your question, I don't know how fast it is going to be ? It is the same bore and stroke as the Loncin and that seamed very fast for not being able to open it up being new and all and a bad clutch, but I assume it is as fast or faster than I can handle I am sure. It actually SOUNDS rather scarey . 8O I reckon I am going to hurt myself a little on this bike and the Carbon Fibre one too. I just got the motor in today for that one too . These bikes don't weigh much, I can lift it over my head , which makes it weight scarey for a six foot tall guy . It wants to move out from under you, you know ? It isn't like my big dirt bikes that weigh enough to balance out the powerband . The little guys want to shoot out from under me . Lots of fun, but they get away from me quick . I respect these little bikes I built , not fear them , but I can see some pain comming soon reguardless :lol:

Hey pretty soon you'll have to change your handle from Newbee555 to Oldbee555 , you got to be getting better by now I am sure ?

Cheers, and good luck with the bike you got. What is it by the way ?

Kelly5150out

IronFist
04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Newbee555, without any of my time, over $2,000 U.S.A dollars in parts and shipping .
With time in ? Priceless $$$$$$$$$.

Not for the timid budgetted person that's for sure .

Thanks, kelly

:lol: Me too kelly time/cash, though it's a different bike, and the budget thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

kelly5150
04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
new2riding ,

ummm, your handle is going to change sometime too I bet ? Your not new anymore my friend .

Yeh , they are spendy doing it like this, and very time consuming , but if you like building bikes, you can't beat the experience factor . Plus you do get exactly what you want this way too . And , if it mechanically falls apart while riding it , it's your own darn fault probably , not the makers or fabricators-dealers shop. :lol:

Budget, what's a budget ? I am so far past my budget its scarey . My bills are mostly paid ( I said mostly ) . Priorities right ? I am still a screw-off , I have to admit I don't manage my money well , especially if I am building . Then the Dog thing, there goes another $600 I did not have in my already tapped out budget too . Oh well, such is life.

Cheers, kelly out

ImEazy
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Very nice job kelly!

I'm thinking I may have to mod the shock mount on mine as well.
(see my thread)

newbie555
04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
kelly my bike is a baja 110

kelly5150
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Newbee555 ,
cool .

If I was really paying attention I would have put two and two together when you asked which bike would win a race between that Kawsaki and the Baja 110 . DUH !!!!! 8O
I like the Baja's looks, nice bikes . How do you like it ? Does it run good, fast, etc ????
Got any pictures ????

Cheers, Kelly

newbie555
05-01-2008, 03:50 PM
kelly i like my baja alot it is pretty fast not a rocket but not slow and it runs good to hey i was wondering how come china bikes dont make and 500s or 600s

kelly5150
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Newbee , my opinion on that 500c 600cc thing is they don't have a big enough market willing to buy a China bike and still compete with the Japanese makers and still make enough profit on thier bikes too .
It is hard to beat a Japenese bike in quality and still make a reasonably piriced bike from China, and if the price goes too high most people will opt for Japanese stuff anyway . That is because they have proved to the market they are good durable, strong running bikes . China has a bad reputation unless you have had good luck with thier stuff that is . It is so hit and miss with thier quality that is scares most buyers away , especially because of parts availablity issues too .
I have had pretty good luck with mine so far , but if I was a millionaire I would probably own a bunch of KTM's or Husky's personally too . That isn't to say I would get rid of my China bikes, because I wouldn't, I would just have to buy a bunch of other bikes for the harder riding is all . I honestly love my CHina bikes, they are not bad at all , and the ones I am building are above standard by far for CHina bikes . I would never sell my DB200 or the Viva 250, they are very cool bikes and I have grown very attatched to them now. That is because they are NICE bikes in my opinion . That little DB200 fits my gal perfectly and she can ride the snott out of it and it is a good bike for her too to learn on to get better with . You couldn't buy a RM125 or 250 and tell me she would have as much fun on it, because it is too much bike for her right now. Plus they are too tall , way too tall for the novice 5'4" person .
Anyway, I am rambling, thats what I do, but that's my opinion of the 500cc 600cc thing .............

Cheers, kelly out

05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
very nice!!!!

sry to hear about the loss in your family.

take care.

kelly5150
05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks Zapkin ,
Appreciate the kind words and thoughts , really .
It is pretty cool huh ? I am a bit biased obviously, but it is what it is . It may be the most attrociously colorfull Jackson Five Hip-Hop dirt bike ever created , but I wrenched every bolt on it nonetheless , and the componants are sturdy as is the work :lol: Lol !
I got my chain and sprocket tonight, I am riding this thing finally this weekend. Where did I say that before ?????? :lol:
I am praying for MUDD and rain this weekend , in reverse order of course. I want to rip it up on those new Dunlops really badly :twisted:

Cheers, kelly5150 out

kelly5150
05-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Ride update on Micheals Jacksons bike.
This baby ripps good now . The chain tensioner mod is working well, no hick-ups at all . Keeps any slap out of the chain and off the swingarm too .
Everything appears to be holding together well . The engine is still holding its own too, comming into itself quite well. Gave it some stress today for an hour or so . No complaints in the torque department on the Lifan race motors .
I did wreck today quite good 8O . Broke no parts which doesn't suprise me really, nor did I break me which did surprise me :lol: I was wearing my helmet , gloves , and my Answer boots . Had I not been, I would have been hurting . I did bloody my knee , only because I decided ( bad decision ) to not wear my ride pants this time .
I came out of our culvert in the front yard in 1st gear into 2nd in a power wheelie and those Dunlops got loose on an angle out of the culvert throwing the bike a full 180* around , me laying on top of the bike with my knee and foot under the bike . Nice 8O That all happened in a split second . Pulled the bars forward when I wrecked, no bends , nothing wrong with the bike. It pays to have strong componants when you build .
It was embarrasing, but these little bikes get away from me quick if I am not paying attention . Plus I was sitting down and I knew I should be standing up. Oh well . Straightened the bars out in the risers, retightened them down hard and rode some more , bleeding :lol:
It is going to take some time to learn this bike and its torque bands . With the Mikuni on it , it really comes un-glued on the upper end of the rev limit . She screams with torque when she is happy up there . It reminds me of a two stroke at the top end of the powerbands with this carb set-up . All of a sudden she opens up and talks to that Lifan motor and tells her to go 8O . She complies well , but its alot to hang onto for a 6' guy on this little Disco Scrambler of Micheals .. She is mighty fast for what it is .
Did a few moderate jumps to get everything loosened up too . Handled it easilly . Just some three foot high by by six foot long stuff . I didn't feel like being in too much pain today since I am just learning these little bikes . Soaked um up just fine . I am quite sure I have enough suspension to do 20 footers and then some, but darned if I am going to be on the bike when it happens ! 8O I would die for sure 8O I will save that for the Viva 250 thank you very much . I have lost my edge not racing anymore and I think I will keep it that way . The way my knee feels right now tells me that I really am tired of the pain I used to endour riding stupid . Evil Kinevil no more 8O It also tells me to ALWAYS wear your ride pants . Big dummy !!!!!!!!!!

They are more fun than man should even have though . I am glad I built her and the Carbon one too . They are squirrely little bikes for the tall guys though , especially with the good powerplants installed in them .

Cheers , build one today or buy a performance one already built , they are toooooooooooooooooo much fun and you really ought to have some too .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

newbie555
05-10-2008, 10:16 PM
for over $2000 why didn't you just get a kawasaki or a suzuki

kelly5150
05-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Newbee555,

Good question , but if I have to explain this, you wouldn't understand what building means to me now would you ? But I will try to make you understand anyway , and also answer your Japanese question too .
I will say this though , although this feels really draining now to do it .
I won't buy a Japanese bike even if I am rich anymore . I would buy Huskey or KTM or China long before I help the Japanese do anything . I used to buy Japanese bikes when I was young but I try not to support them anymore . I have my reasons but can't voice them here without retaliation from the powers that be .
First off , I love to build bikes, ok ? Second off is , you cannot get Japanese parts at reasonable prices . Nor bikes at reasonable prices .
I can get inexpensive Lifan motor parts anytime I want them, all of them .
3rd, is I actually wanted to build a Chinese pit-racer , not go buy a Japanese pit-racer already built . That part you may never understand , obviously . 4th is, I don't need a Japanese brand name to make me feel important or feel that I have a nice bike ? My China pit-bikes are nice .
5th is , owning something Japanese doesn't make me feel proud . It actually makes me feel like a traitor more than buying China stuff does .
Spending $2,000 to build a bike is nothing more than spit to me in the big picture . I spent $2,800 just to rebuild my Norton motor .
So I guess it aint about the money, it aint about anything except NOT supporting the Japanese makers and Japan , and it is all about building a bike , thats it . I am proud of my China bike, and I am proud of the build .

Cheers, kelly5150