PDA

View Full Version : Are you STILL waiting on a Venom X22R???

Joe Schutts
06-17-2021, 06:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

Today I got another response from Venom MotorSports regarding the Venom X22R I'm waiting on Customs to clear in California. Here is the response I got from them:

==================================

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your email; and we sincerely apologize for these massive delays.

We truly appreciate your patience in this matter; and it seems the X22R 250cc motorcycles are still held at customs, and there may be some issues with the "tags/labels" on the bike that may not comply with FMVSS.

We are currently awaiting a final decision; however in the meantime, the factory has begun to produce a new shipment for us with the corrected labels. Unfortunately this shipment is still in production and will need at least another 6-8 weeks to complete production.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for this current shipment at the border now; and hoping the Department of Transportation (DOT) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) will allow this one to go through and we can update the labels/tags manually.

We'll keep you posted on this matter and once again we are sorry you are stuck in the middle of this.

Keep in mind you are always entitled to a full refund at any time, however hopefully we can have this bike delivered to you instead.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime,

Vince H.
Fulfilment CentreVenom Motorsports Canada / USA
1-855-984-1612
www.VenomMotorsportsUSA.com (http://www.VenomMotorsportsUSA.com)

==================================

Oh well, hurry up and wait...

I'll submit anything else I get from Venom MotorSports if/when I get anything else...

Sorry I couldn't have any better news guys...

Take care and ride safe...

Joe...

:thanks:

wheelbender6
06-17-2021, 08:07 PM
The bikes are being detained by customs not because there is something mechanically wrong with them, but because they have the wrong decals stuck to them?
-Sometimes it feels like customs is run by people blindly following some federal checklist, rather than using their experience and product knowledge to keep the goods flowing.

TheGammaGhost
06-18-2021, 04:53 PM
Im still waiting for my boom vader gen 2 from kronik racing, I ordered mine april 11th. Was told late may early june they should be in when i pre ordered mine. I contacted the owner just asking and was told china shipping is all messed up right now and they should be in in the next couple of weeks, I dont know any of the details at the moment. Really hope I get mine soon

Coloradogoose
06-19-2021, 03:08 AM
-Sometimes it feels like customs is run by people blindly following some federal checklist, rather than using their experience and product knowledge to keep the goods flowing.

That's EXACTLY who customs is run by. They aren't paid to think they are paid to follow the rules. Doesn't matter who made them or why. If it doesn't follow the rules, it doesn't move.
I work for a company that deals with customs on a daily basis, and those guys don't give a f@#$ what they are holding from whom. If it doesn't meet the rules, it doesn't ship, plain and simple. Zero critical thought is used.

culcune
06-19-2021, 02:44 PM
Im still waiting for my boom vader gen 2 from kronik racing, I ordered mine april 11th. Was told late may early june they should be in when i pre ordered mine. I contacted the owner just asking and was told china shipping is all messed up right now and they should be in in the next couple of weeks, I dont know any of the details at the moment. Really hope I get mine soon

In the grand scheme of things, Kronik is a 'stone's throw' from Boom/Baodiao's US headquarters, and he drives the hour and a half there a few times a week (at least pre-COVID). I am fairly certain he is not bull#$%ting you as these bikes have been his biggest sellers for a few year now (pre-COVID, no hassle years).

Joe Schutts
06-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

After I got this reply from Venom MotorSports it ocured to me that the Customs workers are just like MOST government workers who are taught to do ONE THING best.

They are taught and conditioned to "CYA" and I have to admit, that they are VERY GOOD at it.

I honestly do not expect that Customs will grant Venom MotorSports a waiver to approve the bikes OR reissue any "NEW" titles with the correct information on them. They will fail anything that doesn't "CYA" with glory.

I honestly expect that I (and others) will just have to wait on the next "CORRECTED - AND LEGAL" bikes to be shipped from China despite all the cajoling and protests that will follow. After all, they can't "CYA" if they give ANYONE a free pass on the "WRONG" labels...

Yes I am frustrated as hell, as I am sure others are too. We want our bikes, and we want them now. Not tomorrow or next week, or next month or whenever... We want the pleasure to ride them in the summer months, not in the dead of winter as the snow falls...

Again, sorry for my rant...

Take care everyone and ride safe...

Joe...

Joe Schutts
07-01-2021, 01:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just sent another E-Mail to Venom MotorSports to see if there were any further updates on WHEN the X22R would (POSSIBLY) be released from Customs for shipment, or IF they they were going to force Venom MotorSports to wait on another (NEW) shipment from China...

===============================
This is the E-Mail I sent them:

Hi Vince,

It's been awhile since you last contacted me about the X22R's, and I wanted to see whether or not there has been ANY updates on when they might clear Customs (or if I ((AND OTHERS)) will be forced to wait on the second shipment) from China with the corrected labels.

I kind of assume that the Customs agency has not granted you the authority to reissue the corrected items here that were mislabeled from China, and have forced you to await the second shipment (with the correct information on them) from China. I honestly did not expect Customs to bend their rules for anyone, and would have been EXTREMELY SURPRISED if they had done so.

If this is the case, do you have any NEW estimates on when, or how long it will take for the bike to arrive in Canada (or in California???) and WHEN I might expect to see them arrive at my door???

Sorry to be such a bother to you, but as you might expect, I'm kind of filled with anticipation for getting the bike and riding it...

Thanks again for your help...

Joe...

================================
The E-Mail reply I got:
================================

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your email; and yes I understand exactly where you are coming from, and you do not need to apologize for that.

I would be doing the same thing; the anticipation is crazy!

I had a chance to look into this, and although the Customs Agents work so fast (kidding), I am very doubtful they will be releasing this shipment.

If we're forced to wait for the next shipment to complete production and arrive at our warehouse in California, I would estimate this to arrive in the beginning of September.

Production will need approximately another 6 weeks to complete, and approx. 2-4 weeks delivery to arrive from the factory in China to our warehouse in Anaheim, CA.

Crazy...

I understand this means the whole summer season is gone; if there is any other model you'd be interested in, please let me know and I can work out the best discount available on it and have you riding before summer ends.

The KPR200 is arriving in about 2 weeks in case this one interests you: https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/products/venom-kpr200-lifan-motorcycle-lf200

If you prefer to wait for the X22R 250cc, we really appreciate your business, and even though everything has increased dramatically in price this year, we will not be raising the price on you when the new stock arrives, you will be locked in at that price.

Let me know your thoughts.

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

And there you have it...

SEPTEMBER !?!?!?!

Shit...

Damn Covid...

Now I know what you're thinking... Get the KPR-200 and be happy...

But the problem is that there are both good points AND bad points (at least in my mind) concerning each bike.

And they are:

X22R's GOOD POINTS

X22R - Value... $2399 vs $3199... $800 less...
X22R - Dual headlights AND dual running lights...
X22R - Dual front Disk Brakes... VS a single...
X22R - Air cooled... This I like...
X22R - A Bigger engine = More power AND speed...

X22R's BAD POINTS

X22R - 5 speed transmission - Give us a 6 speed...

KPR-200's GOOD POINTS

KPR-200 - 6 speed transmission (vs 5 speed)...
KPR-200 - Water cooled (but I prefer Air Cooled)...

KPR-200's BAD POINTS

KPR-200 - Value... $3199 vs $2399... $800 more...
KPR-200 - Smaller engine size... Less speed...
KPR-200 - Water cooled... More things to go wrong...

==============================

And this is the FINAL topper...

I CANNOT afford the $3199...

PLUS... I've already spent around (an additional) $600+ on accessories (AND PARTS) for the X22R...

MOST of them that CANNOT be returned (or POSSIBLY used on the KPR-200)...

This sucks...

Joe...

P.S. Sorry I don't have better news guys... Looks like I'll just have to wait on the new shipment.........

JerryHawk250
07-01-2021, 10:19 AM
You have way more patients than I do. I would of said heck with the X22R and taken a Ghost than miss a whole summer of riding. The new Red one looks sweet. Didn't they offer you a free upgrade t the Ghost? As far as some of the stuff you ordered already you could sell to other members on here that have the X22R.

TyGuy
07-01-2021, 12:05 PM
You are more disciplined than I am. I'd have been scrambling on how to get something to ride. Discussing the Ghost may be the way to go, given its availability.

As I think about it, I'm wondering if this may be why Venom's pricing jumped toward the middle of last month? Recovering losses from importation issues?

Joe Schutts
07-01-2021, 02:14 PM
Hi Jerry and everyone else,

I appreciate the condolences, but in all honesty I'm forced to wait on the X22R. I have NO OTHER CHOICE as I cannot afford another bike. Plain and simple...

I have to admit that Venom MotorSport's was extremely generous (not only to me, but everyone else). Their past offer to give others a choice of a FREE Ghost OR the automatic motorcycle (not sure what it's called) as a FREE alternative was very tempting and I'm sure others took advantage of it and grabbed whatever they wanted. I say good luck to them and ride safe...

My problem was that NONE of those other bikes held any interest for me. I don't want an automatic nor do I want a bobber. In all honesty, the only other bike I had any interest in, was the Hyosung model GT250R. But that was WAY OUT OF my price range...

Yes I could resell the accessories I purchased (probably at a loss). But why bother. Like the old saying goes. "I made my bed, now lie in it..."

Thanks to an armed robber (that happened recently) I can no longer work as I suffered a stroke sometime during the robbery and have extreme pain in my back whenever I stand for long periods. He got 15 years by the way, which means he'll be out in 7 1/2 years...

He not only robbed me of working for another 5 years, but the greatest thing he took from me was the ability to read music. I've been playing music since I was around 5 (classically trained, by the way) and it was shortly after the robbery that I discovered (by accident) that I could no longer read sheet music which also led my doctors to discover that I had had a stroke. It seems that I only have 1 artery supplying blood to my brain instead of the 2. I guess you could say I now have half a brain.

I had originally planned to work for another 5 years to try and increase my retirement funds (I'm 70 now, by the way). But that robber ruined my plans and I was forced to retire earlier than I had planned on, which also means that I have LESS MONEY to play with... I say LESS MONEY as a joke, as it's more like NO MONEY for ANY non-essentials...

I really cannot afford a car (what with insurance and everything else) and this bike was a CHEAP alternative for a car to take me to my doctors appointments, or food shopping, and/or fishing. And I refuse to beg as this was something I have NEVER DONE... I know, "Pride goeth before the fall..."

But pride is all I have left...

So thanks Jerry (and everyone else) for the kind suggestions and all the help that you've provided now and in the past... I appreciate it and am very greatful for everything...

At least I have a kind neighbor that has allowed me to store the bike in her garage for the winter months (plus I'll have some cover while I make any modifications I need or want to the bike)...

Thanks again guys...

Joe...

JerryHawk250
07-01-2021, 02:52 PM
To be honest with you, the Ghost makes a much better commuter. Large saddle bags for plenty of storage. More upright position while driving. That's why I replace the X22R with the Ghost. I had issues with arthritis in my wrist that kept me from riding long distance. The full windshield is nice for the winter time and easy to remove during the warmer weather. I'm not sure what extras you bought for your X22R. They share the same engine and carb.

TyGuy
07-01-2021, 06:02 PM
I share your views on the automatic. I’ve had a few mopeds that I’ve bought on the cheap and restored and got running. Both had big bore kits and were fast for what they were, but I felt less connected to them because I felt that the automatic made for a somewhat passive riding experience. Needless to say, those bikes got sold to happy owners who enjoy them.

We all like what we like. If you feel compelled to wait for that X22R and that is what your heart is set on, the day it comes will be even more special.

I hope this all gets sorted out for you soon.

Joe Schutts
07-04-2021, 10:41 PM
Hey Jerry,

I've been looking at some of the things that I need to do to get the X22R "Street Legal" before I get it, and I discovered that PA bikes have to be inspected. Who knew???

I've also been looking at some of the MODS that aren't required (but that I want to change and/or add)...

Anyway, I was kind of wondering about removing the CAT on the exhaust system (so I can get more power)... Do you think that IF I removed it, would it pass the inspection or should I just leave it alone???

I do plan to get it inspected BEFORE I do any type of Exhaust Mods, so at least that way it'll pass. At least those are my plans...

So what do you think??? Should I do it???

Thanks and ride safe...

Joe...

bogieboy
07-05-2021, 08:17 AM
If the PA inspections are anything like NY motorcycle inspections, if it has tread on the tires, lights and a horn it gets the sticker... mine has been decatted since day one, they dont even know, sliced the pipe open, pulled the cat out, welded it right back up...

Joe Schutts
07-20-2021, 05:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here is the latest update I got from VenomMotorsports. On June 16th, I sent them this E-Mail:

============================

Hi Vince,

I'm writing to see if there has been ANY changes in the Customs decision to deny entry of the X22R's (and everything else) in the last shipment, and them forcing you to wait on a new shipment.

Also, are there any changes in when you might expect the new shipment to arrive? Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I was just wondering if anything new has happened...

Take care...

Joe...

Here's their reply:

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your email.

The decision with Customs is still pending and we have not received a final answer yet. The petition to have the bikes released has already been submitted, and we are now awaiting a response from them.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

The new batch of 2021 Venom X22R 250cc Motorcycles are still in production however they are expected to be completed production by next month, and arriving hopefully in the beginning of September.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

My response...

Hi Vince,

I was beginning to wonder if maybe the people at Customs packaged you up in a crate and marked the crate "RETURN TO SENDER" just to get rid of you...

Anyway, thanks for the update. I just wish it was better news, but in all honesty, I do not expect Customs to allow you to correct the errors on the paperwork.

I think they will just be bureaucrats and CYA as much as possible. I fear I'll (or I guess I should say WE) will just have to wait on the next shipment. Hopefully, it'll have the correct information with the shipment... That would be just what we need... Another foul up...

Thanks for the update...

Joe...

And there you have it... September... Oh well, another year shot to hell...

Take care and ride safe everyone...

Joe...

Joe Schutts
08-15-2021, 08:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest reply I got from Venom MotorSports about the X22R's we've all been waiting on. I just wish I had better news for everyone...

Joe...

Hi Joe - thanks for your email!

Unfortunately we still have not received any news on that shipment; I am considering this one a goner for now.

However!!! The new shipment of X22R 250cc Motorcycles have completed production and are finally departing from the factory this weekend, and the ETA to arrive in the USA is for September 10th.

We'll keep you posted as soon as this one arrives and we'll have your bike shipped out in priority!

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

Joe Schutts
08-18-2021, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wish I had better news for everyone, but here's the latest reply I got from Venom MotorSports on May 17th...

Here it is:

===========================

Unfortunately we still have not received any news on that shipment; I am considering this one a goner for now.

However!!! The new shipment of X22R 250cc Motorcycles have completed production and are finally departing from the factory this weekend, and the ETA to arrive in the USA is for September 10th.

We'll keep you posted as soon as this one arrives and we'll have your bike shipped out in priority!

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

Oh well... Like I said before, I wish I had better news for everyone...

Joe...

Joe Schutts
08-26-2021, 01:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here's the latest update on the Venom X22R's everyone is anxiously waiting on.

Sorry to say that I don't have any good news on the shipment that was denied entry into the U.S. BUT the NEW ORDER is ahead of schedule. Here's the latest reply I got from Venom MotorSports:

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

And that's it...

Again, sorry for the news...

Joe...

R9
09-13-2021, 06:20 PM
Has anyone confirmed if Venom got the shipment on September 10th?

TyGuy
09-14-2021, 07:12 AM
Has anyone confirmed if Venom got the shipment on September 10th?

Their web site now says September 25th.

Joe Schutts
09-21-2021, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Like everyone else, I too was waiting on the 10th to see just how (or I should say IF) the X22R's would arrive on time. I decided to give Venom MotorSports a few days leeway before I contacted them about the bikes because I saw somewhere (don't ask me where as I have no idea) that there were roughly 40+ ships just waiting to unload their cargo at the ports in California.

I figured that this was going to happen as there were reported shortages of both drivers AND trucks to make deliveries. Also taking into account the Customs Agents response to the last shipment and their complete lack of help, I didn't want to jinx this shipment. Or so I thought...

Anyway I wrote to Venom MotorSports on the 15th and this was the reply I got from them.

Hi Joe,

Yes - finally some great news!

The ship has landed in California, and has officially cleared customs as of yesterday evening.

At this time, we are waiting for a truck to pick up the container and deliver it to our warehouse in Anaheim, CA.

Due to the massive congestion at the port in California, pickup of the container can take an additional week since there is a lack of trucks to do the pickups and drop offs.

So in summary, should be here in our warehouse next week, and your order is one of the first to be processed.

I hope this still works for you!

We'll send you that tracking # as soon as possible!

Vince H.
1-855-984-1612

Yes, it was good news. But you know what they say about counting your chickens before they're hatched??? I'm glad I didn't, because today 09/21/21 I got a call from Venom MotorSports telling me that the bikes were at their warehouse but there was another NEW problem.

It now seemed that I could now have ANY COLOR bike I wanted, AS LONG AS IT WAS BLACK...

Shades of old Henry Fords' response to the people wanting a different color Model T.

I have no idea who the idiot was who forgot to tell the Chinese factory to include DIFFERENT COLORS (and NOT JUST BLACK) in their newest shipment here, nor do I know if it was some idiot here OR in China who screwed up big time...

BLACK ONLY??? Really??? Is BLACK the ONLY COLOR you guys sell???

Now according to Venom MotorSports, the NEW SHIPMENT (with the correct colors) will arrive somewhere between November and December...

I'm just waiting to see what other fuckup is going to happen...

Sorry I don't have better news for everyone...

Oh well, at least if you ordered a BLACK BIKE than you're all set and should have your bike faster than I will...

Take care and ride safe everyone...

Joe...

This must be a BAD DREAM, I just need to wake up...

DBK68W
09-21-2021, 10:01 PM
You poor son of a bitch :( Sending my thoughts and prayers haha <3

TyGuy
09-22-2021, 07:43 AM
I hope this resolves for you soon, Joe. You have been more than patient. I have been considering pulling the trigger on an x22r for a while now, but this whole situation is making me hesitant. My experiences with Venom were top-notch, so I hope this is just an anomaly.

culcune
09-24-2021, 12:42 AM
Those are manufactured and sold under the Dongfang name. I know Venom has been hitting up manufacturers and getting some signature touches and adding their own name to various bikes. Are there any Dongfang bikes out there? What features does the Venom have that the Dongfang ones don't?

TyGuy
09-24-2021, 11:15 AM
Those are manufactured and sold under the Dongfang name. I know Venom has been hitting up manufacturers and getting some signature touches and adding their own name to various bikes. Are there any Dongfang bikes out there? What features does the Venom have that the Dongfang ones don't?

My understanding is that there are components that Venom has swapped out and upgraded, such as the CDI, etc.

culcune
09-24-2021, 11:38 AM
My understanding is that there are components that Venom has swapped out and upgraded, such as the CDI, etc.

I figured they would be switching out things that end up being potential warranty issues, as well as possibly switching things that add performance without messing with the EPA/DOT certificate. I believe the colors for the bike are exclusive to Venom even if black is not the OP's color of choice.

Joe Schutts
09-24-2021, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well after a long battle waiting on the X22R's to arrive, I've thrown in the towel and written to Venom MotorSports and told them to send me a BLACK Bike.

As I told them, it's been so long since I originally ordered my RED X22R Bike, that I don't even know WHEN I ordered it. Enough is enough... I'd like to get the chance to ride my bike before the 1st snowfall... Although I'll believe it, whenever it arrives...

I just wish this never happened. I should have been able to ride the bike this past summer. So much for that idea...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your best wishes and thoughts... Maybe I'll pass you by somewhere on the streets... If I do just wave and say Hi...

Ride safe and take care...

Joe...

Joe Schutts
10-13-2021, 08:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I CANNOT believe it, my bike came today... Ho-ray...

I was surprised that it came, as you can tell. It was supposed to be here either on the 7th or the 8th (can't remember which one), but it showed up today. The one thing I am burned about is that the driver NEVER called me to let me know he was here or even in the neighborhood. I had a doctors appointment this morning, so I could have easily missed the delivery. Then, I would have been really pissed...

Of course the bike had some damage to it. It looks like some forklift driver (or as I call them) "Bumper Car Drivers" used the metal packing frame for target practice, and he scored a hit. The right side panel (the white one with lettering on it) had a crease in the panel along with a deep gouge in it.

I contacted Venom MotorSports tonight and informed them about it, now I'm just waiting to hear back from them as to what they're going to do about it. We'll see what happens, and I'll let everyone know what the outcome is either way...

I got it out of the crate and installed the battery (NO ACID NEEDED). It's about time they went to this type of battery. I'm just waiting to see how long it lasts for.

They also re-installed the sight glass for checking the oil level (Ho-ray). Using the dip-stick was a pain in the ass. They also included a zippered bag for the tool kit (which is nice).

ONE WARNING FOR EVERYONE...

Make sure NOT to cut the bailing wire holding the bike to the frame BEFORE you have the handle bars tightened down and secure. Once you cut the bailing wire, there is NOTHING to stop the bike from tipping over... Dummy me found out about this BEFORE I cut the last 2 wires. But I still had a hard time keeping the bike from tipping over and falling...

I installed the battery, and put in gas and it started right up without the choke. I was surprised and EXTREMELY happy...

Tomorrow, I get to take off ALL the panels to install ALL the add-ons I've already purchased for the bike. I've got to install the Oil cooler, the air horn (I hate these squeaky horns they put on bikes). I want people to hear me whenever I hit the horn so they realize they "Screwed Up".

I also have to get some Lock Tight for the bolts and screws.

While I'm here, does anyone here have ANY recommendations as to WHAT COLOR Lock Tight to BUY or USE???

I also have to install the LED running lights AND headlights.

I figure it'll take me about 1-2 more days till I'm ready to go for a ride. Than I have to get insurance and tags AND my license.

Believe it or not, when I moved up here from Maryland (over 10 years ago) I had both a Chauffeurs license (I drove a 40 foot tour bus (for the METRO D.C. Bus Company) - this was long before they had CDL's), a motorcycle license ((NOT a permit)), plus a regular drivers license.

Anyway, when I moved to PA, I thought that the idiots at the DMV had transferred my licenses to PA. It wasn't until about a week later, that I learned the the lady at the DMV ONLY transferred ONLY my regular drivers license and omitted everything else. I lost my Chauffeurs license AND my motorcycle license. They refused to reissue me a NEW license with the OLD licenses I already had. They told me to just retake ALL the tests... What assholes!!!

Anyway, that's about it for now...

Take care everyone...

Ride safe and stay happy...

Joe...