PDA

View Full Version : Boom Vader Fork Springs options, do aftermarket Grom springs fit?

Bud
07-06-2021, 02:10 PM
I want to upgrade the front suspension on my Boom Vader and am wondering what my options are? Will aftermarket Grom fork springs fit the Boom Vader? It would be awesome if I could get a set of Ohlins or Kitaco front springs installed for example. Anyone know if they will fit?

Deckard_Cain
07-07-2021, 02:07 PM
You can put actual Grom forks in there... the whole assembly. I don't think nor know for sure if the Grom internal fork parts fit in the clone forks- I kinda want to say no.

There are some even better front forks on AliExpress for about $200.. rebound and dampening adjustable. Those that have used them say they are even better than Grom forks.

Bud
07-08-2021, 09:52 AM
There are some even better front forks on AliExpress for about $200.. rebound and dampening adjustable. Those that have used them say they are even better than Grom forks.

Thanks for the info I am definitely going to pick up a pair of the adjustable ones. They come in 665mm 715mm any idea what size works best? It looks like the 665mm are the popular size that's selling the most.

Deckard_Cain
07-13-2021, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info I am definitely going to pick up a pair of the adjustable ones. They come in 665mm 715mm any idea what size works best? It looks like the 665mm are the popular size that's selling the most.

the 665mm is what I was told was ideal/best suited as well. I think that may also be close to if not exactly stock length too.