PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with problem posters.

katoranger
05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
If someone starts ranting or getting out hand just ignore it their comments and post to the related topic with a civil attitude.

There has been a rash of problems and many threads have been locked and a few people banned lately and no one really wants this.

It all comes down to the "If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all."

Allen

culcune
05-02-2008, 12:50 PM
C'mon, responding to rants and raves is our given right--it's in our blood. If we can't rant and rave on Chinariders, then what is the world coming to. Living in the US, I have the right to rant and rave and own guns because I am a US citizen. The internet was created by Al Gore for the purpose of communicating and ranting and raving, especially off-topic because we all know that Obama might win and Clinton will be sad, and so will McCain and so will every US citizen, the greatest people on earth since sliced bread we are, and we have the biggest military and are the mightiest people in the world, and we shouldn't be at war in Iraq.

OK, I get the message, does everyone else? :?

katoranger
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Please understand that some comments are okay, but its when it starts to get aimed at certain members and then those 2-3 take over the thread that it becomes a problem.

Usually its the same member(s). Sometimes using an alias. Hint Hint.

Allen

SpeedSouth
05-02-2008, 01:30 PM
This appears to be a good place to express my opinion on the matter...

I fully understand the desire to keep things on topic and under control, however, I would prefer people are given the chance to control themselves, rather than just locking up a thread.

Don't get me wrong, I know some controls are needed. I know some people will never control themselves, and I understand that bickering and arguments hurt the site as a whole. However, I also think it's easy to get a little over zealous in trying to keep these things to a minimum.

I guess my point here is that I'd rather some repeat offenders are dealt with in private whenever possible so as to not make it more of an issue than it already has been.

I appreciate the difficulty in keeping order on any forum and do not envy those who are charged with keeping a happy balance. I may not always agree with what's done, but I will make the effort to not make it more difficult.

This is not my sandbox, but I do enjoy playing here. :)

TeamCheap
05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
The rants and such will usually run their course and burn out in time.
I know I have to bite my tongue
9well fingers) on forums a lot and even then I can get in and mix it up but I will in a short time also just turn my back on the ranting and move.(must be my age)

To be honest after a post, any post gets past about 5 pages I feel it has pretty much run its course and has gotten just to large to bother with.

What alias, I knew who that was in about 3 seconds of seeing the first "comeback" post. :lol: :lol: :lol: I didnt even need to verify an I P address.
Kind of like a rabid dog that sadly just needs to be put down.

AZ200cc
05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
It's hard to argue with a person who will not argue back...Hard sometimes though if a person really gets under Your skin :?

TeamCheap
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
AZ200cc
It's hard to argue with a person who will not argue back...
That is true.

Death85e
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
:( ok...ok i will attempt to keep my posts on topic and prevent any agitation of others on these forums....please just dont tell anyone i will be nice!!! it would really damage my image of being such an a**h**e! 8O. ( I hate when that happens) :D

IronFist
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
culcune: I'm stil laughing :lol:

SpeedSouth: This is your sandbox. Enjoy/ Play!

In an attempt to keep the forum informative Frostbite took steps by getting moderators to help him. I don't like to lock anything, but when a member who I call an elder of this site, PM's me to lock something, I lock it. :wink: I have no problem taking the advice of someone who knows more than I do, or has been here longer. My profile says PM me for help, and I don't mean for bike questions, I mean if I can do anything to help make the site better. That goes for any member. There have been new members coming from other sites that took a while to fit in, they got warnings, and they changed, and now they are really good members. I never shut down anyone I wasn't told to. JMHO, when a site is signing up more than 5 new people every day, it's going to have growing pains. I try to remember that there is good and bad to being bigger. :D

Rizn
05-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I agree 100% with culcune, there is enough rules and regulations, except when direct name calling is involved, that should not be allowed, but only if its not funny, laughter is the best medicine :lol:

panamarandy
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree also.

IronFist
05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I think that's what I just said :? , but if you think someone goes too far then Please PM me. that's all/

Rizn
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
10-4 :oops:

liverchip
05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
My my, the site is getting popular now isn't it.

IronFist
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
My math isn't that great but I work it out to be well over 100 new members a month. 150 maybe? It's a rare day when only 4 people join. Thats a lot of opinions flying around, and a lot of personalities clashing. A thread can grow several pages in 1 day, and as fast as a page an hour. It's not that things can get out of hand with tempers flying, it's how fast it can can happen. JMO.

katoranger
05-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I agree 100% with culcune, there is enough rules and regulations, except when direct name calling is involved, that should not be allowed, but only if its not funny, laughter is the best medicine :lol:

I think this what I was trying to get at.

It comes down to just a couple of people going back and forth.

I really don't want lock anything and I sent PMs to the ones I saw as offenders.

All I am saying is to go ahead and argue, but keep it civil.

Allen

TeamCheap
05-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I was on an ATV site that actually had a FLAME forum but it wasnt very family oriented. (probably why I dont go there anymore at all)

katoranger
05-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I was on an ATV site that actually had a FLAME forum but it wasnt very family oriented. (probably why I dont go there anymore at all)

I was thinking about that, but then it would become like TT.

I am not trying to make anyone change, just want people to disagree with alittle respect toward each other.

Up until a couple of months it was good. I really think the problem was two people, both of the same age group with not alot of sense yet.

Allen

DesertDog
05-03-2008, 12:49 AM
it takes two to rant

atv forum is where the fire is against us.
DD

warrior91
05-03-2008, 05:35 AM

I was thinking about that, but then it would become like TT.

I am not trying to make anyone change, just want people to disagree with alittle respect toward each other.

Up until a couple of months it was good. I really think the problem was two people, both of the same age group with not alot of sense yet.

Allen
:idea: :!:

DesertDog
05-03-2008, 10:07 AM
ahuh , thats exactly what this would turn into is a TT forum , to many guys here just want straight forword answers, or at least afew of us , i like opinions as well, rants and so forth, but not bashers,
DD

warrior91
05-31-2008, 01:01 AM
TT
:roll:
Whatever good information is available...10 times as much crappy, unreadable text message posts, idiots bashing, and rich guys snooting.
Hmmm you don't have $10,000 worth of aftermarket upgrades on your $5,000 bike ...you ain't a playa!
Never mind mentioning a clone bike!

IronFist
06-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Back to the topic, "how to deal with problem posters?"
Going riding has helped me a lot :lol: