PDA

View Full Version : Seeking recommendation for buying.

Amateur-Samurai
10-05-2021, 01:17 PM
I have been hunting down a dual-sport Brozz Recon for a long while, but as they are sold out and not seeming to come back in stock for the time being I am expanding my horizons. I currently know nothing about the street bike side of china riders, except that the CSC SG250 cafe racers are the same as a CSC TT250.

What bike would you recommend to a buyer, would you buy again at a $2000 budget.

I am going to make a pros-cons list of bikes. I'm seeking a daily rider, good handling, sturdy, and easy to learn on/learn to work on. Thank you Chinariders!
:thanks:

Falkon45
10-05-2021, 02:53 PM
For the street bikes, at a $2k budget, you're looking at something more like a grom clone, to be honest. Unfortunately, the prices have risen quite a bit for the street only bikes. You may have to raise your budget to $2800 to start for a normal sized bike.

China Rider 27
10-05-2021, 03:22 PM
I just happened to see this the other day on sale for like $1500 thought was a good price. Toda little more. Don't know anything else just saw add.

https://www.saferwholesale.com/250cc-4-Stroke-5-Speed-Manual-Dirt-Bike-Motorcycle-p/rta-db-47-250.htm

Falkon45
10-05-2021, 03:59 PM
I just happened to see this the other day on sale for like $1500 thought was a good price. Toda little more. Don't know anything else just saw add.

https://www.saferwholesale.com/250cc-4-Stroke-5-Speed-Manual-Dirt-Bike-Motorcycle-p/rta-db-47-250.htm

Yeah. It's basically a Hawk DLX super moto. A diet bike with street tires. Not gonna lie, that's not a bad deal, honestly.

Working_ZS
10-05-2021, 04:14 PM

That looks like a Brozz/Hawk/TT250 dressed up in street livery, with the cast wheels and street oriented seat. Price-wise, it looks good - if they actually have any in stock. Also, the shipping quote would also factor in here. Of course, you also need to be able to get it titled and plated in your state, and looking online it seems that Washington is a CARB state, with all 2009 and newer vehicles needing to be CARB emisssions certified to be registered. And that is the deal breaker, since I doubt that this bike has that certification. To date, only CSC Motorcycles has Chinese bikes that include EPA and CARB certification, which makes them 50 state legal for road use registration.

They keys here are the emissions certification and availability - can you get it registered, and does this seller actually have it in stock; or are they just going to take your money and put you on a waiting list?

4T_Goblin
10-05-2021, 05:24 PM
i hope you buy one like this and make a video on it. looks fun

tknj99
10-05-2021, 05:29 PM
I own a Brozz Recon and it has been a great bike! With that being said i was in the market for another bike as i passed the Recon along for my son to use.. I wanted something at least as good as the Brozz and found this.. Xpro Titan DLX.. for $1800 delivered.. its basically an RXB250L with same suspension but isnt adjustable and at 40% less cost at the moment than the latest RXB250L (although the latest one comes with a 6th gear and counterbalanced engine)

https://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/cPath/614/products_id/22658

It will be much more capable offroad than the Brozz, so if your primary use is offroad 60-70% then it may be worth checking out.. also though keep in mind, it may be tough depending on where you live to get it registered. its basically a dirt bike with street legal add-ons

China Rider 27
10-05-2021, 07:36 PM
I wasn't looking to buy it, just trying to help the OP as he said he wanted a street bike like the Brozz. If you can license it, that Titan Pro do seem to be a good deal despite the fact that seat looks painful.

tknj99
10-05-2021, 08:25 PM
I wasn't looking to buy it, just trying to help the OP as he said he wanted a street bike like the Brozz. If you can license it, that Titan Pro do seem to be a good deal despite the fact that seat looks painful.

Yea its definitely no Brozz seat im sure! but then again not many are ;)

Amateur-Samurai
10-06-2021, 03:19 PM
Thank you all for the replies I am going to add all this to the hunt, I live in NJ so I have to find out about the difficulty in registrations/getting plates too.

TyGuy
10-06-2021, 03:40 PM
Thank you all for the replies I am going to add all this to the hunt, I live in NJ so I have to find out about the difficulty in registrations/getting plates too.

I live in NJ too. Jump on Google and type in "NJ Approved Motorcycle Manufacturer List." Make sure it is the most up-to-date version. That is a great place to start.