PDA

View Full Version : Venom motorsports Superbike 250cc efi?

Skryre
11-01-2021, 07:31 PM
I'm thinking about getting this bike but I'm curious because I can't find any information on it. Is it a bike that's just had an efi kit put on it? But it says it's a six speed and dong fangs are mostly 5 speed. It says in the description it's a "bd250-5". Any help would be appreciated.

Falkon45
11-01-2021, 09:12 PM
It says it's 5 speed. Zongshen probably just shoved some EFI kit on there, and called it a day. If it's water cooled, it may have an offset radiator (or radiators) like the liquid cooled lifans.

The only info you may find is in China, as it's new here in north America.

I do suggest you keep looking though. Honestly, it's probably not the best deal. It looks cool, but may be somewhat underwhelming in delivery.

Edit: after looking at the website, looks like venom edited the description to say 6 speed now. But, it still says 5 speed lower down.

TyGuy
11-02-2021, 07:24 AM
I'm also intrigued by this bike and keep looking at it. I'd like an x22r to add to my garage, but the introduction of this one changed my mind and now I'm debating. That model code (BD-250) leads me to believe it is a BaoDiao Locomotive product. My x22 is a BD-125-11. That may help in your info search.

I don't find that "superbike" is an appropriate name for a little 250, but I like the EFI, larger engine and transmission. If I find any info, I'll be sure to share.

Joe Schutts
11-04-2021, 04:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here are the spec's for this EFI 250CC Super bike (according to Venom MotorSports):

Key Features

Fast Kawasaki styled Ninja street motorcycle! High quality sporty design with a stylish finish
Upgraded 250cc 4-stroke Fuel-Injected Engine
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Emerald Green Trim along the Rims
Road Legal DOT & CARB Approved - Street legal in ALL States including California
EPA Approved
Dimensions assembled: 79x30x43in (LxWxH)
Seat Height: 31 inches
Fuel Consumption: 69MPG
Large Telescopic Hydraulic Front Suspension
Front and Rear Hydraulic Disc Brake
Large drivers seat + passenger seat to take friends on your ride
Upgraded 17" DOT approved Rims for the Front and Rear
Aluminum Alloy Rims
Left Controls: Hi-Lo beam switch, turn signal switch, horn switch
Right Controls: Engine kill switch, light switch, electric start switch

I got this info from the site for the bike, the link is as follows:

https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/products/2021-venom-superbike-250cc-fuel-injected-motorcycle?variant=39448132452454

Personally, I like the RED one, it looks super sharp...

Hope this helps...

Take care and ride safe...

Joe...

:thanks:

JerryHawk250
11-04-2021, 05:28 PM
According to the latest EPA list it's an air cooled 233cc OHC, 5 speed manual with EFI. Still only a 15.4 HP engine. Basically the same engine that comes on the X22R 250 and Ghost 250 except with EFI. I'm not saying it couldn't have a 6 speed because I've seen a few bikes get slipped in under another certification.

TyGuy
11-05-2021, 07:17 AM
According to the latest EPA list it's an air cooled 233cc OHC, 5 speed manual with EFI. Still only a 15.4 HP engine. Basically the same engine that comes on the X22R 250 and Ghost 250 except with EFI. I'm not saying it couldn't have a 6 speed because I've seen a few bikes get slipped in under another certification.

I had the same thoughts, Jerry. Right now, it seems that it is indeed very similar to the x22r. Seems the deciding factor will be if folks want carb or EFI. On my end, I am still debating, as I have the intention to pull the trigger on one of these two bikes very soon.

Santa (me) might be bringing me a new toy...

Falkon45
11-05-2021, 07:38 AM
FREE UPGRADED 250CC ENGINE + 5-SPEED TRANSMISSION + EFI FUEL INJECTED ($450 value)
The Venom BD250-5 250cc has a powerful motor that delivers the most power and torque in its class, and has a special Electronic Fuel Injection technology that lets you experience the thrill of a real sports bike.

This is also under the bikes description... so, I dont know

JerryHawk250
11-05-2021, 07:46 AM
The EFI is a nice feature but in my opinion, the X22R looks to be a better build. On the X22R, The Front and rear shocks are fully adjustable. The dual front disc brakes on the X22R have 8 piston calipers vs 4 on the EFI model.
Now if the EFI model does come with a 6 speed then that would be a game changer.

Falkon45
11-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Hopefully, Venom puts out a video of them actually riding and reviewing it, instead of the chinese press videos.

I understand drumming up excitement for the bike, but still, we need more accurate info. I wish they'd let a few of us review the bikes. I think JerryHawk would be the best candidate, since he has a more established youtube channel. lol.

TyGuy
11-08-2021, 07:15 AM
I think JerryHawk would be the best candidate, since he has a more established youtube channel. lol.

+1 on this one!

Skryre
11-09-2021, 11:03 AM

I just called them and they say it's a 6 speed. So I think I'm gonna get it and see if it's just the x22r with efi and a different transmission but I want to see if performance parts will cross fit if so then what can this bike do with upgraded parts proper tuning AND efi?

ALL honesty though... it's gonna take a while. I put the bike on layaway today and then have to pay it off. And then have to get the parts and take it apart and take the parts to a machine shop for the milling.

JerryHawk250
11-09-2021, 11:18 AM
I just called them and they say it's a 6 speed. So I think I'm gonna get it and see if it's just the x22r with efi and a different transmission but I want to see if performance parts will cross fit if so then what can this bike do with upgraded parts proper tuning AND efi?

ALL honesty though... it's gonna take a while. I put the bike on layaway today and then have to pay it off. And then have to get the parts and take it apart and take the parts to a machine shop for the milling.

Well that's great. :tup: I suggested the 6 speed quiet a few time to Venom when they asked me what they could do to make improvements.

Skryre
11-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Amazon sells this bike for 2599 and 399 shipping but it's sold as an offroad bike and not for sale to California.