PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre Stealth bike progress , Pics

kelly5150
05-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Well this is as far as I got . I have a 428 rear sprocket on the way and a better brake master cylinder comming ( the last one was too weak , did not like it ) next week and were mobile on this bike now too .
I did the same Mod on this bike for the shock strutt as the Micheal Jackson bike to get just a bit more hight .

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0188.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0189.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0190.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0191.jpg

This one is going to be fun, Black Death , The STEALTH !
Almost done and it sounds really good too . The torque on these motors actually makes the bike sit on the kickstand and vibrate up and down and back and forth like a Harley . They got some torque thats for sure .
ImEazy , you'll know what I am talking about there with the Buell too :lol:

Cheers, kelly5150 out

ImEazy
05-04-2008, 11:35 PM
That bike looks great. Nice work. Did you buy an extended kickstand for it?
Mine is about two inches too short with this new shock.

Understand about the kickstand bouncing for sure. I would sit on the Buell
while warming it up just so it wouldn't end up on the ground. The S2's had
the worst kickstands out of all the Buells. I have read many stories of
individuals starting theirs and going to close the garage just to turn around
and find it on the ground. 8O

kelly5150
05-05-2008, 09:04 AM
ImEazy ,
yes I did order a higher kickstand for this bike, and the red Micheal bike when I built it too . I knew it would have to have one . If you need one, I know where you can get that item from my supplier . I think they are about $10 for a black or silver one ? The chrome one on my red bike was allot more though , but its hecka nice . Or you could just strap old Pickle Bucket on the rear seat when you go ride :lol: Hee hee hee

Thanks for the compliment though .

You ought to see the Norton when I fire it up, it actually bounces the front wheel on the center stand . That and if your not on it and gas it a little on the centerstand, it moves backwards . What a monster ! That bikes power makes my Harley feel like a Moped 8O

Over and out . Look forward to seeing if my chain roller Mod worked for you too ?

Later, Cheers, Kelly out

newbie555
05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
KELLY DID YOU GET UR BEAST ONE ALL MUDDY I KNOW YOU WANTED TOO :lol:

kelly5150
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Newbee555 ,
that's a big fat Negative . I got lazy and went shopping, watched Nascar Racing and ate good food instead . I am a weenie sometimes and it was raining so hard and cold I did not want to suck water and freeze .
I did ride testerday, alot, multiple bikes , was very much fun yesterday , but all my water got dried up by our 70* weather, no mudd left .
The other bike, Micheal Jacksons , is nice, fast , am very happy with my build . Rode for a couple hours checking everything out on it, making sure everything held together , ran it pretty tough and hard, no full throttle yet , I like to break them in slow , but I did heat her up and reved her up good to seat the rings and valves . She purrs like a kitten with big old fangs :lol:
If you ever get a chance to buy a nice motor , go for one of these Lifan 125cc "Box" ratio race motors . They are pretty aggressive for a 125cc horizontal motor for $300 delivered to your door . That even comes with a good Japanese carb, all wiring, rev CDI unit, kickstarter , gear shifter , etc, etc , even clutch cable and clutch handle , throttle cable too . Good deal for the dollar there . I put a Mikuni on the red bike, but this one has the 25mm Japanese one it came with. It is pretty nice too .

Cheers, Kelly out

ChiGongJitsu
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
i must say i've been impressed with the affordablity of these motors too, not that i'm anywhere close to blowing mine up, but it's nice to know i can get a replacement bolt in motor on the cheap.

I don't wanna start a new post yet, but a little birdie on thumpertalk told me that there are supposed to be 17/14 "large midsize" pitbikes coming by next year. and that's 17/14 with 50" wheelbase, and 10" of suspension travel!

I know there are some 17/14 bikes out now but they sure don't look any better than my db-27a as far as suspension is concerned.

alright, hijack successful :lol:
later y'all

knothead
05-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Dang Kelly, you're causing me to get a hankering for one of those little bikes. With a headlight and tailight one would be street legal where I'm at (15 minuets to get to some nice mountain trails..)...
Like I'm not ate up with the "I wants" already! :roll:

kelly5150
05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Knothead ,
yeh I can relate , I have those I Wants on a constant basis too , with an I can't afford more stuff issues though on top of it too . :lol:
I never imagined me ever owning a little bike ever ? Never understood why people were into them ? Now I know ! Don't get me wrong , I like the Viva 250 allot too, but these little bikes are Capital "FUN" man .
When I used to go to NHRA drags allot , I used to see the guys with the hopped up YZ80's with street tires on them, lowered supspensions racing up and down the track to go to the cars or pits and thought those were kinda cool . I never imagined it would turn into the sport it has become . Best of all , they are pretty affordable too for a hopped up bike for around $2,000 , or less , or more , depending on what componants you want on it . Just glad I bought the SUNL's to experiment with . That was the best $500 for one I ever spent . It got me hooked though, really bad , and I don't care . You can't take your toys with you when you die, so have a blast while your here is my motto, live it up tot he fullest you can or can't afford to do ..I sacrafice lifestlye a little to get what I want when I build bikes , but tha tis what I have to do to get what I want out of life. Rice and beans are ok for awhile to get a good bike going IMHO :lol:

Cheers man, take her easy, Kelly5150 out