PDA

View Full Version : Genuine VM22 on Venom X20

Sebastian
12-01-2021, 07:28 AM
I’m looking to mount a genuine Mikuni VM22 carburetor onto my Venom X20, however I’m finding it impossible to find an intake manifold that will fit. I’m sure most of you are familiar with the ”upgraded” intake that has a larger bore meant for a knockoff mikuni carb, but the bolt holes are vertically offset in relation to the bore. The Mikuni’s are not, they’re all in line. Am I crazy or is there not a suitable intake out there? Help me out please!

Falkon45
12-01-2021, 08:12 AM
can you post a picture of what you're talking about?

Bruces
12-01-2021, 08:14 AM
Your engine is just a typical pit bike engine ,search google for pit bike manifolds and you will find something that will fit .There are many thousands to choose from .

4T_Goblin
12-01-2021, 03:01 PM
I found one on Amazon for like $11 comes with gasket and spacer and bolts. Intake for vm22, 26mm. The gasket has the sleepy eye shape, so I bought some 26mm gasket that have the correct intake to head shape with the straight across bolt holes.

Doubledown
07-30-2022, 10:39 PM
I’m looking to mount a genuine Mikuni VM22 carburetor onto my Venom X20, however I’m finding it impossible to find an intake manifold that will fit. I’m sure most of you are familiar with the ”upgraded” intake that has a larger bore meant for a knockoff mikuni carb, but the bolt holes are vertically offset in relation to the bore. The Mikuni’s are not, they’re all in line. Am I crazy or is there not a suitable intake out there? Help me out please!

Did you ever find a intake for this? I am running into the same issue. Every intake I find is with the off set bolt holes for the fake Mikuni, and of course when I try to refine my searches and add something like "genuine" or "real" Mikuni VM22 all the same knockoffs come up.
Thank you,

Falkon45
07-30-2022, 11:53 PM
Do you need one offset to the side, or straight?

Big Bird
07-31-2022, 05:27 AM
Probably need to source it from xr/crf50 upgrades. The Japanese pitbikes are more likely to use genuine parts.

There is a china "24mm crf50" intake on ebay that looks like it's not off center. Hard to tell from the picks though. Otherwise I would think there would be something available from takegawa or something from the crf/klx pitbike websites. I noticed they also sell the knockoff 26mm vm22 also so gotta be careful.

Doubledown
07-31-2022, 02:08 PM
Do you need one offset to the side, or straight?

Not Too sure on alignment, I ordered bd125-8 but it is not here yet. Just getting parts on order and want to do a legit Mikuni. From what I have seen with people adding the knock off kits it looks like its a 90 degree intake that goes straight forward on the bike.

I the issue with the real vs knock off alignment is in this video at 2:47 (https://youtu.be/iT-1gqKIXjc)

Falkon45
08-01-2022, 03:57 PM
https://wholesale-cycle.com/intake-manifolds/?sort=featured&page=2

this place might have something that can work.