PDA

View Full Version : 2016 TaoTao Boulder B1

rls8836
01-08-2022, 06:02 PM
Surges with the new carburetor, really cold natured. When it warms up it starts with no choke but will surge while going pretty slow. The air cleaner has been replaced with what dealers sell today and you can hear the carburetor sucking air now. Which seems ordinary but would like to be as quiet as it used to be without the air sucking noise. Do you suppose the low speed jet is too small. What makes it surge, very annoying while riding my 5 yr. Old granddaughter.

TxTaoRider
01-08-2022, 07:34 PM
I'd start with richening up the idle mixture screw about 1/4-1/2 turn.

rls8836
01-09-2022, 09:01 AM
I believe this replacement carburetor has only the idle screw. The original carburetor that was on it new I do not remember if it ad a idle mixture screw. But it certainly ran smoothly

TxTaoRider
01-09-2022, 09:40 AM
I believe this replacement carburetor has only the idle screw. The original carburetor that was on it new I do not remember if it ad a idle mixture screw. But it certainly ran smoothly

Most of the aftermarket carbs should have regular Phillips heads shrews on the bowls and an adjustable idle mixture screw.. but if yours doesn't have this, then take a small drill and carefully remove the cap and you should be able to adjust the screw afterwards.

rls8836
01-09-2022, 09:20 PM
TaoTao Rider, thank you I’ll look at that tomorrow.