PDA

View Full Version : Longbo Adventure 150cc steering

Nospark
02-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Took this scoot for test ride today as the heat wave of 38F rolled through Milwaukee. I just finished getting this thing running and had never ridden it. This is now 4th generation scoot at best and was pretty well molested by the time I loaded it in my van & drug it home. The ex-buddy :) who gave this POS said it had a detent in the steering that was very difficult to get use to. I noticed it pushing the scoot around to get it home but, never gave it much more thought until this test ride. Man, it really sucks. Can it possibly be this is the designed steering feel for this scoot or, did I get a scoot with something bent in the steering tube?

JerryHawk250
02-08-2022, 03:44 PM
it may be just bad bearings. I guess it's time to pull it apart. lol You will get to know this scooter inside and out. Just think of all the knowledge you will receive working on this scooter. :hehe:

Nospark
02-08-2022, 04:42 PM
Looks like. I don;t even want this thing. My new TRB7 is scheduled to be dropped off between 10a & 2p Friday. I wanted the scoot out of the basement & in the garage to make room for my TBR assembly. In any event, I have to start thinking about where to pull the plug on the scoot. The front plastics are so cracked up I'm not even sure I can disassemble and reassemble again and have enough fastening points left functional to hold it together. Maybe I can get away with just top bearing. If the forks are bent, I'm done. Not gonna throw another $50 at it. Got $190 in new parts in it already and still needs another $20 for mirrors. On the bright side, it ran really well with the stock Amazon carb. Not really a fare test at 38F.