PDA

View Full Version : BoomCat BD-125 conversion to 190cc engine

Seagull6
03-08-2022, 01:00 PM
I have a BoomCat 125 on order from Amazon. My plan is to swap the 125 with a 190cc engine. Has anyone here done that conversion? I've heard the the motor will fit in the bike's motor mounts but I've also read that the extra torque will bend the swing arms. Also, I've heard the the cylinder head will it the front tire. Does anyone here have first hand experience with this swap?

culcune
03-08-2022, 03:16 PM
I have a BoomCat 125 on order from Amazon. My plan is to swap the 125 with a 190cc engine. Has anyone here done that conversion? I've heard the the motor will fit in the bike's motor mounts but I've also read that the extra torque will bend the swing arms. Also, I've heard the the cylinder head will it the front tire. Does anyone here have first hand experience with this swap?

A few members over the past couple years have done this to their Vaders, but not the Boomcat. A good resource to ask is Pete at Kronik Racing in Simi Valley. He sells parts and aftermarket performance parts for the Vaders, and has carried the Boomcat, but if memory serves me, the Boomcat is too small for the conversion to work (I think the front wheel is too close. But, contact him and see what he has to say. I would start with him. www.kronikracing.com

Falkon45
03-09-2022, 11:53 AM
The 190 engine is considerably longer than the 125. You'll also need to add an oil cooler. The engine might not hit the tire, but you'll need to remove the front fender. Get a measurement of the total length of the 125 and 190. The mounting points are the same, so you'll only need to calculate the distance between the head and the tire.

I hope that explanation wasn't confusing. I started to get myself mixed up. Lol.

Seagull6
03-11-2022, 11:35 AM
Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions. From what I understands'd the 190 is too long and too powerful for the BoomCat frame and swing arms. So I'd be ok with scaling down to a Lifan 150cc. I think it's a smaller engine and not quite as powerful as the 190. Any thoughts on that. What's a good source for a 150 engine complete with electric starter.