PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lifan KPM200 rear turn signal issue

Cydrik
04-11-2022, 07:55 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased a Lifan KPM200 from Amazon. After assembling the motorcycle, I noticed the left rear turn signal (left rear winker?) does not turn on when I flip the switch to the left; however, the front left turn signal works (along with the front and rear turn signals on the right side). My battery is fully charged as well.

I checked for loose connections and pinched wires in the headlight bezel along with the wiring in the rear of the motorcycle where the left turn signal resides. I see no obvious issues.

Do you think this is a bad turn signal and needs replaced? Or, could it be a connection somewhere else on the motorcycle?

Bruces
04-12-2022, 03:27 AM
Have you checked the bulb ?

Cydrik
04-12-2022, 08:54 AM
Have you checked the bulb ?

It’s led. How do you check the bulb? Does the housing come apart? I couldn’t figure it out and I didn’t want to break it.

Bruces
04-12-2022, 09:26 AM
No idea as I don’t have one of those bikes ,can you at least get to the wire and check it for power and also the ground ? I am guessing the bike has plastic fairings that the light is part of ?if so it will need a power and a ground wire to work .If you have power and ground then the led is bad .

Coloradogoose
04-12-2022, 08:43 PM
Find where both rear turn signals plug into the bike wiring. It should be just up the wires from the signals themselves. Label all 4 wires (two on each signal) with tape on the bike side AND the signal side of the plugs. Disconnect both the right and left turn signal at the plug. Now plug the right signal into the left wires and the left signal into the right side wires. Test the signals again. The right ride rear should light when you turn on the left blinker. If it does not, it's probably a wiring problem upstream from the signals. The left side blinker should light when you turn on the right blinker. If it does not, it's likely your blinker with the issue.

Cydrik
04-13-2022, 09:45 AM
Find where both rear turn signals plug into the bike wiring. It should be just up the wires from the signals themselves. Label all 4 wires (two on each signal) with tape on the bike side AND the signal side of the plugs. Disconnect both the right and left turn signal at the plug. Now plug the right signal into the left wires and the left signal into the right side wires. Test the signals again. The right ride rear should light when you turn on the left blinker. If it does not, it's probably a wiring problem upstream from the signals. The left side blinker should light when you turn on the right blinker. If it does not, it's likely your blinker with the issue.

I will try this when I get home from work today. Do you have any guesses why my low and high beam does not work either? The daytime running light strip in the middle of the headlight works, but when I press on the low beams button, nothing happens; same with the high beams. However, the high beam flasher button works fine.

Ugh, this has been nothing but a hassle since I received this motorcycle and I haven't even been able to ride it yet.

Falkon45
04-13-2022, 09:52 AM
I will try this when I get home from work today. Do you have any guesses why my low and high beam does not work either? The daytime running light strip in the middle of the headlight works, but when I press on the low beams button, nothing happens; same with the high beams. However, the high beam flasher button works fine.

Ugh, this has been nothing but a hassle since I received this motorcycle and I haven't even been able to ride it yet.

Is the bike running when you test the headlights? The headlight only turns on when the bike is running.

As for the turn signal, just test the light to find out. To test my LED lights, I normally just test it on a battery using jumper wires.

Cydrik
04-13-2022, 10:32 AM
Is the bike running when you test the headlights? The headlight only turns on when the bike is running.

As for the turn signal, just test the light to find out. To test my LED lights, I normally just test it on a battery using jumper wires.

Yes, the bike is running when I tried the low and high beams (and turn signal).

I will test the turn signal tonight after work and check the connections, again, in the headlight bezel to make sure everything is snug.

Cydrik
04-13-2022, 09:06 PM
Turns out I’m an idiot and didn’t have the bike turned on when trying the low and high beams cause when I got home from work, I tried and no issues.

Turns out my left turn signal is bad as I did the wire swap with the right side and vice versa and I couldn’t get the signal to light. Manufacturer is shipping me a new one so all should be well after I install it.

Thanks for the tips!

Coloradogoose
04-13-2022, 09:58 PM
Glad it'll all work out. Enjoy the bike!