PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see CFMoto still sells bikes in the US!

olds_cool63
05-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Hey, y'all.

I thought CFMoto dropped out of the scene years ago. I checked out a couple of their bikes when the 650's were first brought in. Then I stopped hearing about them. Turns out, they have a pretty good line-up of bikes here in the US. Check it out:

https://cfmotousa.com/motorcycles

I may have to find a dealer in AZ and investigate!

culcune
05-12-2022, 11:56 PM
Wow! I recall several years back, their 650 lineup left the US because they had a lot of problems. There was (maybe still is, I haven't been on the forum for a long time) a guy I believe from Poland living in China on the mychinamoto.com forum. He badmouthed Chinese bikes because of his CFMoto. He would warn anyone and everyone to stay, nay, run away from them. Well, his bike was the same generation as the ones we got in the US. Fast forward a couple years, we no longer had them here, but he was offered one by CFMoto. He did a 180. He praised his new bike and even rode it from China to Poland and back on a trip. I thought how unfortunate we no longer had them, because the models we had were quite good looking, if only they did not have such a poor reputation.

So, these look promising if they have kept up with their quality as the Polish ex-pat in China attested to. Good find!

TominMO
05-13-2022, 06:58 AM
From reading their website, it looks like they are putting high quality parts on the bikes. Thinking they decided to up their game.

TominMO
05-24-2022, 02:13 PM
Turns out the H-D dealer near me also sells CFMotos! Stopped in and sat on a few. I definitely think the Adventura 650 is the one for me. But $8K OTD, plus sales tax.

https://cfmotousa.com/motorcycles/650-adventura

olds_cool63
05-24-2022, 08:37 PM
3 dealers north of me and 1 south of me in AZ. I looked at a CFMoto a number of years back and was very impressed. I may have to take an up close and personal look.

Working_ZS
05-25-2022, 08:29 PM
Turns out the H-D dealer near me also sells CFMotos! Stopped in and sat on a few. I definitely think the Adventura 650 is the one for me. But $8K OTD, plus sales tax.

https://cfmotousa.com/motorcycles/650-adventura

Yes, but note that the $8000 OTD is getting you luggage also, instead of the usual $1000+ up-charge on European or Japanese bikes. All in all, this looks very competitive with a Kawasaki Versys 650, which is $9,999 in the LT trim that includes side cases. Another $1000 for dealer charges and you're $3000 over the CFMoto's price, for essentially the same bike, since if I'm not mistaken, CFMoto licenses Kawasaki's 649 cc parallel twin engine for their bikes.

TominMO
05-26-2022, 08:36 AM
Yes, but note that the $8000 OTD is getting you luggage also, instead of the usual $1000+ up-charge on European or Japanese bikes. All in all, this looks very competitive with a Kawasaki Versys 650, which is $9,999 in the LT trim that includes side cases. Another $1000 for dealer charges and you're $3000 over the CFMoto's price, for essentially the same bike, since if I'm not mistaken, CFMoto licenses Kawasaki's 649 cc parallel twin engine for their bikes.Agreed; I just don't have $8K to toss at a toy, and right now would rather put my $$ elsewhere, so no payments either.

Sport Rider
05-26-2022, 09:53 AM
Note to self: start badmouthing chinese bikes until they give me one.

mdschultz
06-03-2022, 10:40 PM
We have them at the dealership I work at and have ridden every one of their models. They are impressive bikes and I am particularly impressed with the 700’s. I took the 650NK out last night on our dealership Thursday night ride and it was very Japanese like with little to no vibration. We have sold several already and I think they will do well in the States.

Darkrider
06-04-2022, 02:19 AM
The local Bombardier/KTM dealer here had CFMoto for a few years. They may still have it for all i know. Though i have my doubts. One of my cousins was a CFmoto rep at the time the last time i looked into them there. He was not impressed with what i had to say about how the dealer handled the line up. They had all the CFMotos in the back corner of the show room..almost hidden behind displays while the flashier machines were up front and center.

SGCSCRX3
06-04-2022, 03:42 AM
Seeing these bikes at few dealers near me. I sat on a 650 adventure seemed like a nice bike to me. Maybe next time I will try one of the demo bikes for a ride.