PDA

View Full Version : First bike: 2022 KPM 200

wanderingchimp
05-21-2022, 12:04 PM
First bike, first post.

It's expected to arrive on Wednesday, I decided on blue as I thought it offered the best contrast between colors.

I do have a few mods planned, down the road of course, I'd like to swap out the pads and calipers, does anyone know of any third party name brand calipers that will work on this bike?

Thanks!

Update: 6/8/2022
I changed the oil as I didn't trust the amount put in from the factory lol. And, seeing how 15w-40 isn't really common in my area, I decided to go with 10w-40 which seems to be common on these forums, I went with Lucas Oil (For moto, not full synthetic, but blended)

I've road about 10 miles (Mostly around my neighborhood and in the school parking lot (Right next to my neighborhood and off of the main road).

It's my first big bike, and the only thing that I owned before this was a pocket rocket when I was 15, I am in my 30's now. So, first real motorcycle, and first time riding one. I picked it up in about 5 minutes and got the shifting, braking, and hand positioning down pretty good, still learning though. Enjoy some pics!

https://i.imgur.com/hnHk01Vl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pOeid57l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/x5S3GCvl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sLxv3kll.jpg

Falkon45
05-21-2022, 07:23 PM
Howdy! And welcome aboard!!!

Give the KPM Resource thread a look. Everything we've found out about the bike so far is on there. Most of it is in the first post, and a lot of oil filter and spark plug info are in the last 3 pages, I think.

As for calipers, I'm not sure if there are any replacements that can fit, that are better quality. You'll get your best performance from brake pads. And if you need more braking power, look into master cylinders.

Good luck with your bike, and be sure to keep us updated with your progress!!

Coloradogoose
05-21-2022, 10:39 PM
Welcome! Being your first bike I'd encourage you to ride it and get to know it before you get too invested in specific mods. The brakes aren't top-end, but the bike isn't exactly a rocket. I find the brakes to work well on mine. If the bike had more oomph I'd want more stopping power, but I just don't find that it's needed. YMMV. Enjoy the bike and ride safe!

herbie
05-22-2022, 07:50 AM
Congratulation on the new bike! The KPM is a sharp looking machine and for a 200cc it is a pretty good runner. I almost bought one, I liked all the colors but was drawn more to the white. I think you will enjoy it, I like the open easy access that the cafe has, no panels to deal with if you ever want to tinker on it. Be sure and take some pics of the bike when you get it!

dig4dirt
05-22-2022, 10:31 AM
Welcome!

Congrats on your first bike.
Very nice looking, I have been watching a lot of vids on the KPM.
Seems like a nice package.

Good Luck ride safe!

olds_cool63
05-23-2022, 12:15 AM
Full review! Pics!

Looking forward to what your thoughts are after you are in the saddle for a bit.

wanderingchimp
05-27-2022, 07:56 AM
Update: Placed order on 5/21, it shipped on 5/26 and is estimated to be delivered to my doorstep on 6/7. Super excited! This is from CA to VA.

herbie
05-27-2022, 03:08 PM
I’m anxious for you! Bike delivery day is an awesome time :tup:

Teklock
06-06-2022, 01:49 PM
Update: Placed order on 5/21, it shipped on 5/26 and is estimated to be delivered to my doorstep on 6/7. Super excited! This is from CA to VA.

May I ask where you ordered from?

wanderingchimp
06-07-2022, 10:12 AM
May I ask where you ordered from?

Venom Motorsports.

wanderingchimp
06-07-2022, 07:45 PM
Update: So, I've been assembling the bike (Everything arrived in excellent condition.) one issue that I ran into was the instructions called for removing the muffler from the head, and installing a gasket. So, I locate my gasket, and I back the pipe out of the head, and it already had a gasket, but, it was mangled and pulled apart at one end by about 7 inches and it was actually hanging down in the muffler. Not a big deal, but sorta odd. So, I removed the faulty gasket, installed the included gasket as called for, and I am still assembling lol.

herbie
06-07-2022, 11:58 PM
I’m glad your bike made it safe and sound, have fun doing the assembly, that’s part of the fun :tup:

wanderingchimp
06-08-2022, 07:41 PM
First ride down, original post updated with some goodies.

wanderingchimp
06-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Howdy! And welcome aboard!!!

Give the KPM Resource thread a look. Everything we've found out about the bike so far is on there. Most of it is in the first post, and a lot of oil filter and spark plug info are in the last 3 pages, I think.

As for calipers, I'm not sure if there are any replacements that can fit, that are better quality. You'll get your best performance from brake pads. And if you need more braking power, look into master cylinders.

Good luck with your bike, and be sure to keep us updated with your progress!!

I bought the KN-112 oil filter today, but I haven't put it in just yet. I know on your resource thread, you mention two oil filters/strainers. Will the KN-112 work for both of those roles, or is there another filter/strainer that you recommend?

Falkon45
06-16-2022, 02:50 PM
I bought the KN-112 oil filter today, but I haven't put it in just yet. I know on your resource thread, you mention two oil filters/strainers. Will the KN-112 work for both of those roles, or is there another filter/strainer that you recommend?

So, it was brought to my attention that this was asked. Lol. I'm sorry for not answering. You still need the coarse strainer. I called the reusable filter a strainer, because that's what it basically is, to me. Sorry if I confused anyone with that. The k&n replaces the reusable filter.