PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone who has this bike

winnipegmike
05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/KTM-X-250cc-overhead-cam-Off-Road-Dirt-Bike-21-wheel_W0QQitemZ150246377035QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6646 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone got one of these or seen one in person? I am interested in getting one and would like some feedback on it. Thanks.

AZ200cc
05-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Almost wonder if they intended to mislead anyone with the KTM ad instead of the XTM...Looks nice though.

winnipegmike
05-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah...the KTM thing made me laugh.

I bought my last bike off of this same seller and all was good. He ships fast and the product was good.

DesertDog
05-15-2008, 12:17 AM
go to my gallery you'll see the 300cc like it there

page 13 desertdog

ejcycles
05-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Someone posted that guys website before and it was so confusing I had to LMAO!!!

winnipegmike
05-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I agree that his website could use some work, but when you talk to him in on the phone, he knows the bikes very well and is a really nice guy. I don't know for sure but I think he is working alone (he is good with parts and communication though). I pulled the trigger and bought one, he is supposed to be shipping it on the 21st. I will post my opinions on the bike when it arrives. I hope it's really good because I just spent $300 today buying a D/S light kit for it.

winnipegmike
05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
It's supposed to be here tomorrow...I can hardly wait

AZ200cc
05-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Congrats..lOts of pics and details please :D

DesertDog
05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
good deal winnie, take care of the prep mods here and you'll do fine ,

lets see some wheelies too :wink:

culcune
05-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Let us know how it is--Desert Dog, you are carrying this brand?

warrior91
05-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey winnipegmike.
Both my china bikes are from him (I'm probably the guy that posted about him before.)
Fast, cheap, and other than the rubber inner tubes/hoses are made of 6 month biodegradable rubber...everything runs good!
Let me know how you like the xtm. I am going to get it if it is worth the money. I have a buddy with the "honda" style 250. I can purchase it for $600+300 shipping, or buy the $900 xtm + $300 shipping...decisions decisions.
The honda is a bigger version of the pitbike basically. sits high and is fairly tough (no mxer though) nice light trail rider!
I am wondering if this xtm parts are worth the extra dough??? I guess you can be my guinea pig :lol: .
Questions for when recieved>
What make is motor?
suspension f/r harsh ?soft?...etc. etc.
ergonomics /is the seat decent?

Anyways I can't wait to see some detail pics.
This e-bay store is $500 cheaper across the board than his website.
You would be nuts to order through there, but he did tell me to call next time and he would "WHEEL and DEAL :P "

DesertDog
05-29-2008, 09:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: huh ?

winnipegmike
05-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Still not here yet...trucking company says saturday or sunday now. In regards to the earlier post about the "honda" style 250, thats what I had before (from PR), it was a very good bike. I just sold it this spring to get the XTM. I will post plenty of pics and give a full review as soon as it arrives.
Thanks for all of the replies.
Mike

warrior91
05-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey great, You can do an AWSOME comparison for me....

Please report back as my next bikes future depends on it! 8) :!:

winnipegmike
05-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Got the bike this afternoon. No damage in shipping at all. It isn't out of the crate yet, but this is a really nice bike from what I can see so far. I am going to assemble it later tonight (after the wife goes to bed...lol). The bad thing is that I can't find my camera.

katoranger
05-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I get alot done after 10pm.

The girls are in bed and I go out to my shop.

Allen

yurkia
05-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I broke my camera on saturday. was taking pictures from the side line and my idiot...errm nephew tried to run through the barbed wire fence I was standing next to and I ended up dropping the damn thing while trying to get the heck outta the way. just another thing I gotta buy. LOL.

warrior91
06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Hey winnipegMike..just hold the bike up in the air...I should be able to see it across the prairie with a set of bino's...lol

I live near The Pas but on the sask. side.

winnipegmike
06-01-2008, 01:32 PM
:D ...It's all put together now! This so far seems like a pretty good bike. There were a few problems with the assembly but nothing major. The negative battery cable was way too short so i added a few inches to it. The battery box was the wrong size (just a little too small) so I had to modify it very slightly to get the battery into the box, only took about 15 minutes. The front tire was flat, but seems to be holding air now. The worst problem was the piece of plastic in front of the rear tire (the part that protects the rear shock from rocks, dirt etc) was folded in half and kind of broken. This caused the rear inner fender to get kind of screwed up, should be an easy fix. Entire assembly by myself took about 90 minutes, would have been half that with another person. Putting the front wheel on alone is no easy task!! I used an engine hoist to hold the front of the bike up which helped immensely.
I filled it with gas, hit the starter and it fired right up. Very, very smooth running engine. I let it warm up, adjusted the idle and took it for a quick ride around the block. It's got a lot more power than my old 250 Hummer(purchased from the same guy). I am hoping to take it for a longer ride later today.

Funniest problem: The handlebar pad has polka dots all over it. I think they must have run out of pads at the motorcycle factory and had to get some from the little girls bicycle factory. I promptly inserted into the pad into the nearest trash can.

I was able to get some pretty good pictures, which I will post later when I get some time.

Warrior91...this is a far superior bike to the "honda" style 250 from PR. It's actually hard to compare the two. After seeing the quality differences, this is just a much much better bike.

warrior91
06-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Right on! Sounds promissing.

Oh yah I have seen that crossbar pad...but with little stars...not polka dots! :roll:

winnipegmike
06-01-2008, 08:16 PM
FYI:
Engine is Loncin
Chain is 520
Carb is NOT Mikuni as stated in the ad...it is Jing Ke (I find that disappointing, I've had good luck with mikuni's)

warrior91
06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
The jinke on my kids quad and mx seem good -like mikuni copies :wink:
Good to hear, a friend who has a Gio 250 and I checked out the xtm on the website this morning. he says the xtm looks alittle better in the shock department, the honda style from pr look the same as his, but the gio has the xtm swingarm...no piggyback shock though!
$850 is what he got his gio for all total.
I am going to see how the crops look and hopefully pull the trigger on this xtm before they are sold out.

winnipegmike
06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
A friend of mine has the gio 250 (21"/18" wheels, he paid $899 plus freight). It is better than the 250 hummer from PR. That being said, he was over last night and we both agree that the XTM is superior to his gio, mainly because of the suspension and the OHC engine, but the fit and finish is also a bit better. I do have to add though, the aluminum wheels on the gio are VERY nice, as well as the little aluminum parts here and there on the gio.

winnipegmike
06-02-2008, 09:34 PM
This is my first attempt at posting pics...let's see if it works

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/winnipegmike/DSC02220.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/winnipegmike/DSC02223.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/winnipegmike/DSC02217.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/winnipegmike/DSC02222.jpg

Also, the headlight and tail light did not come with the bike. I bought them locally...still made in china though. lol.

DesertDog
06-02-2008, 11:35 PM
awsome add ons winnie, makes the bike look even better

warrior91
06-03-2008, 12:23 AM
:twisted: :!: 8) :wink:

NICE...I showed the wifey the intended bike on ebay. She liked it. My daughter was strolling by and really loved the bike! She loves H.D. and black and orange is her current "favorite" colors.

So unless Prindustries sells out or can't get one 2 months from now,I look to be buying...I can't wait :x I am pumped to purchase but I am already commited to a big trip to Calgary this summer and "trip" money and "spare bike "funds are the same at this point....Mabey I can get them to camp in the back yard for holidays ...and ride bikes all day. :idea: :arrow: :roll: :?

winnipegmike
06-03-2008, 01:44 AM
I will be going on a long ride this weekend (150kms or so). I will report back once I can get some real time on this bike. I hope it's as good as it seems, the trails i ride in NW ontario are pretty rough. This is truly a trial by fire. Thanks for the compliments Warrior and desertdog!

IronFist
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
WOOT! 8O
Great looking bike! 8O
No guff brother good purchase, wish I had my gallery up still to show you what I was riding. It looked nothing like your bike. :cry: The cagers should be able to see you coming, that's for sure.

winnipegmike
06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I rode the bike about 100km this weekend. Everything was good overall, but I will list the good and the bad here:

Good:
-Suspension is fantastic
-Starts easy, runs smooth and quiet
-Tires are very aggressive and provide loads of traction
-Quite fast, got to 60mph (100kph) no problem, not enough straight trail to get it going any faster
-Good in sand, front end doesn't wash out

Bad:
-Sprocket came loose
-Exhaust came loose at the head (i did loctite the exhaust nuts but the studs came loose).
-rear brake lever in very strange position, makes it hard to reach with your foot. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.
-all stickers peeled off almost immediately
-the chain roller on the swing arm is very noisy...no bearings in it. I will try to replace it with one with bearings if I can find one. If I can't find one I will probably just remove it completely (if anyone knows why I shouldn't remove it please advise).
-one wire broke for the electric start

All of these little repairs took no more than 10 minutes to rectify. I am very happy with this bike and would recommend it to anyone.

I got some great pictures of the trails I was on, I will start a new thread in the "ride reports" section with those pics. I will be hitting the trails again tomorrow. I am on holidays this week and plan on riding every day. I only came back to the city to go to the Iron Maiden concert tonight.

AZ200cc
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Nice bike 8O Looks great...How much was that puppy again?

winnipegmike
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Nice bike 8O Looks great...How much was that puppy again?

Thanks for the compliment...bike is $850cdn, shipping $400cdn.

FYI: I bought a different bike off of the same dealer last summer for about $1000, rode it all year and sold it for $1300 this spring (it was still in very mint condition). So it basically cost me nothing to upgrade to this bike. The headlight and tail light cost around $100 though. Luckily this bike is exactly KTM orange, so plastic accessories are very easy to get.

winnipegmike
06-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey winnipegMike..just hold the bike up in the air...I should be able to see it across the prairie with a set of bino's...lol

I live near The Pas but on the sask. side.

There is good riding up there. I used to spend a lot of time up in The Pas/Flin Flon area as a sales rep. I hope to bring my bike and boat up there sometime soon. I would love to fish Clearwater Lake or Athapap.
I have to spend 3-4 weeks in July around Mafeking (for work), I will have a quad with me, and hopefully my bike. Riding in the area will be a nice way to spend the evenings.

warrior91
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm jealous. :oops: :evil:

warrior91
06-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Sounds like a good enough bike...maybe i will buy 2 and sell one for a slight profit.

Have you ever rode in the Wildcat Hills? Second highest point in Sask.
You can see from Loydminster to Winnipeg :!: :wink:
How about Pasquia Hills? Awsome Terrain ,anywhere from 1000ft to +2000ft elevation in short order.