PDA

View Full Version : trail riding in florida

chris5150
01-27-2007, 02:37 AM
i was just wondering how many people there are in florida. the reason being that this spring will have my 200gy and i will be done tinkering with it by then. i wanted to try and set up a group trail ride in the spring. first of all i have been having trouble finding trails in florida. if anyone knows any resourses where i can find trail maps for florida let me know. so if anyone wants to go let me know. and if anyone has any ideas on a location let me know. thanks

ob1
01-27-2007, 08:55 AM
There's always the regional forums at ThumperTalk...

You might try http://www.floridatrailriders.org/

This an enduro/hare scramble/MX organization, a series covering FL, GA, AL. They have a forum there, I'm sure if there are trails, these guys will know about them.

culcune
01-27-2007, 11:08 AM
There seems to be a "rash" of you Floridans lately. Go through the forum you introduced yourself on, and you should find 2 or 3 just there for a start.

FMYStreetRacer
01-28-2007, 02:19 AM
i'm here in florida and would be down for a group ride. in the next town over from me there is a pretyy good place to ride. i've been there a ton and still haven't cover half the trails. i hear there is atleast 50 miles of trails to ride but i am always the only bike. i'd explore more but i don't want to get lost. there are always other people out there on bikes i just don't know them.

chris5150
01-28-2007, 11:35 PM
that sound awesome man. i work at a hotel so the next month or two i will be busy with events in daytona such as race week, bike week, spring break, and etc. i was thinking maybe april would be good. let me know your opinion and lets see if we can get anyone else involved. thanks and looking forward to the trail ride.

ambassador
01-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Sounds good to me! We can start our own Florida China Riders Gang, go harass some H-D gangs, JUST KIDDING!!! Seriously, I'd be up for that...

FMYStreetRacer
01-29-2007, 08:45 PM
you guy's get some bikes and we'll go riding. i'm not very good off road but i'm getting better. i have to go kinda fast with the 42t rear sproket to keep from stalling. atleast up hills.

ambassador
01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Mine should be here tomorrow or Wed. considering I ordered it out of California on the 17th of Jan. I guess it's not that bad... I am anxious to get to the process of building, loc-titing, new tubes, oil, grease, etc... Can't thank you guy's enough for all the info...

FMYStreetRacer
01-29-2007, 09:37 PM
don't get into too much of a rush. you should start on the paper work first to start getting it registered.

ambassador
01-29-2007, 10:03 PM
FMY, read my post about getting it registered, actually, let me update that.. I have a friend at FL DMV, there is a list of motorcycles that are street legal in FL, if your bike is not on that list you have to bring your MSO, Bill of sale(E-bay, Paypal receipt will do) have to pay sales tax to them for the amount of the bill of sale(sucks..) and if they are being a real pain in the as$ that day they may want to do an inspection, the reason they do the inspection is alot of people that buy a used bike put on the back of the title or bill of sale that they bought it for a $1 to avoid the tax, they're not dumb, if they think something is fishy they will tax you on the blue book value of the bike, ie: don't try to convince them you bought a 05 GXSR for a buck...I already have a tag from my Shadow, I'm just switching it to a different bike, and going to my friend at the DMV... So when are we going riding?

FMYStreetRacer
01-29-2007, 10:16 PM
the dmv isn't where you get your bike registered, it's at the tax collector. you'll still need a properly filled out mso for talahasse (sp?). i was starting to worry about mine since it was "altered" a bit but i got my tittle in the mail today. i brought mine in with all the paper work etc. and paid all the taxes. even though i brought the bike every time and paypal receipts i was sent packing 2 times before i finnally got it done.

if you have a guy that can help get the paper work done sooner that's awsome. as soon as it warms up i'm down to go ride. if it's nice this saturday night i'll be out in bonita springs getting a little dirty.

ambassador
01-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, I mean't Tax collector, I was just confused by how long you had to wait in line... I know it's on here but what do you ride again, Roketa? I'm from Jersey originally just glad to not have a EPA inspect...

FMYStreetRacer
01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
did you get your bike yet? i'm waiting to do some bad ass riding. i'll be out this weekend in east bonita tearing some shit up. i hope you have your bike ready. if you need help getting it down here i might be able to help, i have a trailer.

chris5150
02-01-2007, 06:03 AM
i am waiting for an extra truck i have to sell. if anyone is interested it is an 87 toyota pickup 4x4 on 35in tires with a 9in lift on it $2200 obo. i will have the bike soon, but i am also buying a car to start doing solo2 racing out of my own pocket with cash. alot going on but i will be ready by april for sure. i also have atleast 1 other person who lives around me coming too. he already has his bike. i cannot wait to go on that trail ride.

FMYStreetRacer
02-01-2007, 08:17 PM
well when you come down to ft. myers for the solo2 racing bring the bike. what kind of car are you looking to get for solo2? i go about 3 times a year to the solo races here that are held by the gulfcoastautocrossers. it's awsome. i've never entered my car though, 300whp in a 2200 lb open diff car is pretty useless for turns. my car goes straight and does it well. my other car that is currently waiting for me to get off my ass is a road race car. i can't wait to get that beast out to sebring.

chris5150
02-01-2007, 11:15 PM
i am getting a dohc neon, they do great on those coarses. and with the money left over after i buy my bike i am getting a turbo off of an srt4. i only want 180bhp so i only need like 5psi. my first event will be in deland. seabring would be awesome but it is a faster coarse than my car will be built for.

FMYStreetRacer
02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
you need any parts just let me know, i've worked at a Chrysler dealership for almost 6 years now as a tech. my buddy had a 97 (i think) sohc neon with a adapter plate that he machined and used it to fit the srt turbo to his neon. it ran ok. if i were going to auto cross i think i'd stay away from a turbo fwd car, esp one with a open diff. 180 whp should be doable with a healthy motor.

oh yeah if you're looking for a cheap car my friend at work had a dohc neon with a spun rod bearing. it's a auto to but i think he only wants $500 or maybe less. the spun rod bearing could be a great reason to drop a 2.4 motor into it. that and some head work should be a pretty good setup.

chris5150
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
i have already put $1700 on the car it is $2200 almost there. it is a 98 dohc 5 speed with 80000 mile and it is mint. hopefully i will have it next paycheck. 180bhp will be good with racing shocks, spings , and some 17s with soft grippy tires. i do not want a body kit cones can break fiberglass. and the china bike will be my transportation when my car is getting worked on. hopefully i will be able to do this ride sooner than april. i will try.