PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Lock - (Carb Upgrade & Emissions Removal)

Doubledown
08-09-2022, 02:18 PM
Hoping to get some help with a topic I have only be able to find mentions of, not solutions.
I believe I am having a vapor lock issue. Before getting insurance I have just been taking the bike around the property and had it die and wouldn't start. Brought it back to the house checked spark, petcock etc. all seemed fine but I couldn't remember if I turned the petcock on when I started riding or if I forgot to turn it off the day before and flooded it. Turned off the petcock, opened the carb drain to get no more than a mist of fuel. Popped the tank and viola.
I just took it out to put some more break in miles on it and made it a mile and it died. This time I first popped the tank and it fired right back up.

So, in looking around I found mention of vapor lock and a roll over valve issue but no resolution as to where that is (written or pictures), do I need to remove it or replace it or.... etc. So I am hoping someone can direct me if this is the likely is, or what else it may be, and in either case how to get to and fix the issue.

I will also mention I just received my knock off vm22 carb kit I was planning to install after break in and after I get a new exhaust but am wondering if replacing all the emissions and carb include this check valve (or whatever else may be causing the vapor lock?
In either case here I interested if there is a post, perhaps sticky I am not seeing, for this emissions removal and what I need as a fuel petcock with this carb as it looks like the factory setup is the petcock is on the factory carb.
Thanks in advance.

JerryHawk250
08-09-2022, 02:34 PM
Your tank vent is stopped up and letting air into the tank. Trace that down and unblock it.