PDA

View Full Version : BD125-8 where is the "Oil Filter"?

Doubledown
08-17-2022, 07:31 PM
I am doing the post break in oil change and looking at my manual and it says "2. Lay a oil-relief plate under the crankcase, dismantle the filter cover, then, the spring and the filter will pull out automatically 3. Clean filter 4. Check the oil filter, seal rubber, o-ring 5. install filter"

Now this manual is for several models but from what I can tell they have the same motor and I am not seeing a filter location anyway out in the open.

Does this motor have any sort of filter anywhere or is this just garbage and its a drain and replace?

While I am here and before tearing into things, what is the second drain bolt one the left side of the motor?

Thank you?

TominMO
08-17-2022, 08:22 PM
For a motor that small and its intended use in SE Asian countries, you probably don't have an oil filter at all. Just a bad translation. The "oil-relief plate" is a drain pan. The "filter" is probably a mesh screen. Is there a drain bolt on the bottom of the crankcase? Drain that. The "filter cover" is on the left or right side of the crankcase, and is probably spring-loaded. If I am right, you take that off. When you put the cover back on with the spring behind it, make sure you don't strip the fastener(s). IE start it/them by hand.

Doubledown
08-17-2022, 08:34 PM
For a motor that small and its intended use in SE Asian countries, you probably don't have an oil filter at all. Just a bad translation. The "oil-relief plate" is a drain pan. The "filter" is probably a mesh screen. Is there a drain bolt on the bottom of the crankcase? Drain that. The "filter cover" is on the left or right side of the crankcase, and is probably spring-loaded. If I am right, you take that off. When you put the cover back on with the spring behind it, make sure you don't strip the fastener(s). IE start it/them by hand.

I did already do an oil change from the "shipping oil" to some real oil to go through break-n. There is no magnet, not mesh or anything else resembling a filter in or on the drain/plug.
The left side cover is / seems to only be the stator cover and the only "cover" on the right I have been into already and its the clutch adjuster.
I read the rest of that manual as you did, so my guess is just garbage through into a universal manual but hopping someone has the bike or other clone with the same motor to verify.
There is a smaller "drain" bolt under the motor on the left side of the actual oil plug. I ended up taking it off, and a spring shot out followed by a metal rod with holes in it like a muffle baffle and has a plastic top. I am still not sure what it is, dumb and didn't take pictures while it was out, and put it back how I think it went but am not sure on direction of the spring.
If someone can also let me know what this is and which direction if any there is on the spring and the rod I would appreciate that as well

4T_Goblin
08-17-2022, 08:46 PM
The spring loaded bolt is the cam chain tensioner. Put that back. The oil filter is a screen above the drain plug and is accessible after removing the clutch case but it's not really something you'll need to get at that often

david3921
08-17-2022, 10:04 PM
Post #29 shows a picture of the cap that has to be removed to access the oil screen. Be careful replacing the parts as they go back a certain way and don't over tighten the cap. Its got a fine thread and the metal is very thin. The cap is similar if not exactly the same as the valve access caps.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18015&highlight=screen&page=2

Listing from Amazon below shows what they look like when out. Looking through the pictures on the left side shows how it goes together and how to clean it.

https://smile.amazon.com/RUTU-Oil-Drain-Plug-Filters/dp/B07MVQXMM5/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2EXA0TQTRHVAJ&keywords=Honda+Cg200+oil+screen&qid=1660788497&sprefix=honda+cg200+oil+screen%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-17

4T_Goblin
08-17-2022, 11:43 PM
That is not the same motor

david3921
08-19-2022, 01:03 AM
That is not the same motor

Yep, duh. Thanks.