PDA

View Full Version : BD250-6 Ignition issues

Dustoff42
08-21-2022, 10:33 PM
I have this bike. Been riding it a month now and have been figuring some things out about it. Mostly that I hate fuel injection systems and that these bikes have issues with idle speed. But now I have a new issue. I was trying to reset the computer in the bike and I read it said to start the bike 5 times and hear the fuel injection work. But not actually to start the ignition. I did it twice and then heard a click and now my bike won’t turn on. The key turns but it’s like there is no battery in there. Tested battery and it’s almost fully charged. What the hell did I do now?

Falkon45
08-21-2022, 11:06 PM
You may have a bad ignition switch

Dustoff42
08-22-2022, 04:31 AM
You may have a bad ignition switch

This thing is brand new. Could that go bad this quickly? I heard a pop sound from somewhere back in bike. Checked fuses and they are all accounted for I believe. Only have 4.

Dustoff42
08-22-2022, 05:10 AM
This is exactly how my bike is acting. Is there something like this on the bikes? https://youtu.be/FJwKeBEp-qo

Dddogg11
05-03-2023, 09:59 PM
It almost sounds like one or both of the battery cables might not be tight. If there loose or dirty they'll spark and then they'll be no power. I'd check that their clean and tight. Put some die-electric grease on the terminals, if you don't have any use Vaseline, it's basically the exact same thing.