PDA

View Full Version : Idling issues.

Dustoff42
08-26-2022, 06:47 AM
I have a bd250-6 and it starts alright. It will idle ok and sometimes die. But the real issue is when I’m shifting to first gear. The first time works alright. But after I ride a second I will switch to neutral and stop. Switching to first will kill my engine when I try to accelerate even a little. It’s like adding gas to the engine just kills it. I tried looking online to adjust the idle speed but it’s difficult being fuel injected. Checked YouTube and google but nothing really specific comes up.

Falkon45
08-26-2022, 08:47 AM
I don't think it's your idle. You may need to adjust your clutch. It may not be disengaging enough, and it kills the engine once it's warmed up and the clearances tighten.

Dustoff42
08-26-2022, 02:37 PM
I don't think it's your idle. You may need to adjust your clutch. It may not be disengaging enough, and it kills the engine once it's warmed up and the clearances tighten.

Would that be stuff like tightening the cable and clutch lever?

Dustoff42
08-26-2022, 05:24 PM

I don’t think it’s the clutch fully. It will help but I have the same exact issue as this guy. But I can’t adjust my carb
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?p=383115#post383115