PDA

View Full Version : GY-Shinray observation

kelly5150
05-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Just noticed when I was adjusting my clutch cable on my DB200 Shinray dirt bike prior to my ride today that the Clutch cable pivot arm on the motor is stamped or engraved with the letters GY ?
Am I to assume this is the same motor as the infamous GY that all the guys on the Enduro forum are googoo over ????

Kelly5150 out

culcune
05-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Don't try to flatter yourself too much :lol: :lol:

Heck, with all your pit bikes, I didn't even know you had another kind of bike besides the Norton!!

From what I understand, "GY" is the code/symbol/etc to denote street legal dirt bikes, so you really don't have anything more special than the rest of those "enduro" guys, :lol: :lol: :lol:

kelly5150
05-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Well ok then Culcune , glad you straightened me out on that one . 8O
Flattering myself ? Hmm , interesting take on my forum question , but if you insist . I think one would be hard pressed to flatter anyone with any of these bikes , let alone themselves . While they are cool , they are not a Ducati , ( or a Norton of course ) Ha ha ha .
We need to get you a bike, your obviously loosing it fast . 8O

You did not answer my question either ? Is this the same motor as the Enduro GY, ( pay attention right here Cuclune ) as my DB200 Shinray dirt bike . Dirt bike man dirt bike, not Enduro. Are you still following me here Culcune ???? :lol:
If it denotes a street legal dirtbike I/E enduro, why is it on my dirt only dirt bike , dirt bike man ???????????? Hence my question , is this the same motor as the GY enduro ????? This is where your supposed to chime in with less a-holio-ism in your post back .

Viva 250 , DB200 , Harley Iron Head , those are my only other bikes besides the three little ones and the Great Norton Commando . Pay attention Cuclune , your suppose to follow my every move here right ?

How could I ever be your idol if you you don't pay attention 8O

We really need to get you a bike soon :lol: You'll probably less like you in no time if you were riding . :lol:

Cheers, out , will wait for my other fan club members to respond to this too .

Kelly5150 out

CRidin
05-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey Look right above the shifter at the engine code. If its a 163FML or a 169 FML it is the same one. My lifan is the 163FML. What do you think of that bike? I can pick up a new one cheap from a guy in town.

kelly5150
05-19-2008, 10:04 AM
CRidin ,
I like the bike, allot .
Once I got it tuned right and a new pipe and CDI it runs great . I also like its stance . I put lower bars , MSR's on it too . It rides like the old Elsinora Hondas of the 70's , albeit without the horsepower of course :lol:
I screwed up and told Stacey she could ride it anytime she wanted too 8O
I bought her her own ATV and SUNL 125 , but guess which bike she wants to ride now all the time !!!!! Yes, the DB200 :lol:
Fits her jsut right, gots some poop and runs to her liking , obviously. I got a funny feeling we will ahve another in the garage someday . I say that because I aint givin her mine !!!! :lol:
For a $1,000 bike, you can't hardly go wrong with the Shinray .

Cheers, CRidin

Kelly out

culcune
05-19-2008, 11:07 AM
OK, all put downs aside 8) these engines are the same. In fact, as much as we put down T-Motorsports, they have the 163 FML engine advertised for about $3--something, and they advertise it as a replacement for their Shineray pure dirt bike like you and 'liverchip' have (he bought his bike in person at T-MS's warehouse), but the engine could just as easily go into a dual sport.

Like I mentioned, "GY" is supposed to denote street-legal dirt bikes in the Chinese dirt bike world; at least with lights and all, and street legal in China.

kelly5150
05-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Cuclune,
the Pharmacist called and your Thorozine is in , waiting for you to pick up today :lol:
Thanks for the info, that's what I wanted to know. :lol:
Your a bundle of ( well I won't go there ) information , thank you :lol:

How is the Bike funds campaign going ? Are you getting any closer to the bike yet ? Hows about that nice little Incentive check fromt he Government you were talking about not being able to use for the bike ?????

I am telling you again, we need to start a fundraising for you here ont he forum. I told you I would put in $100 to star tit out, but you actually have to make the post asking for contributions . That is NOT begging, it is restoring the sanity to the insaine , so its all good Brother .

I have the $100 right here in my hand, who's next to help out this brother get up and riding !!!!

You post it, it will come :lol:

Cheers, and really, thanks, all grief aside , I do like you you Culcune . :lol:
Whats that old saying in the Bible or somewhere less important ? God helps those whom help themselves ? Just ask !!!!!!

Cheers, out

DesertDog
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
which one of you is the oldest :?: :?: :roll:

you too bicker like you are brothers :evil:

i know because my two boy's act the same way :?

and then they get along 8O 8O

kelly5150
05-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Ha ha Desert Dog,
me and Culcune couldn't be better friends, its all in jest man . :lol:
I guess the problem is nobody reading this actually knows this .

Why would I give, yes give, someone I argue with $100 ?
I wouldn't !

Cheers , trust me , he knows its all in jest and so do I . That's what makes him fun and me annoying to him .

Later, Kelly out

DesertDog
05-19-2008, 02:02 PM
oh i agree kelly

i've talked to him on the fone and a total different personality, its like talking to a Q ( thats IQ for the less in thought), then to see some of his post in disagreement, it baffles me.

carry on 5150
DD