PDA

View Full Version : Ghost 250 with nibbi carb

Rich1374670x
11-06-2022, 04:09 PM
anyone install this kit? I ordered the kit and the intake seems wrong. Carb hits frame either way it is mounted.

JerryHawk250
11-06-2022, 05:40 PM
The PE28fL would work. https://a.co/d/axzDGLQ

Rich1374670x
11-06-2022, 05:50 PM
I installed the kit they sell on Venom's website for the ghost. Upon inspection the intake is two pieces on the website and I was sent a one piece. The intake sent the car hits the frame rail..

zpapa2309
11-18-2022, 12:53 PM
If you buy the carb from Venom, they only carry the 30mm. Ive heard these are very difficult to tune if you have a stock engine.

Rich1374670x
11-23-2022, 02:37 PM
If you buy the carb from Venom, they only carry the 30mm. Ive heard these are very difficult to tune if you have a stock engine.

I am going back and forth with Venom right now. I bought this "kit" and it has been one issue after another. Have not even had a chance to tune it. Intake manifold that was sent, the holes didn't line up, had to bore the holes bigger to get two bolts from manifold to head. After boring the holes I could mount the intake, now the carb hits the frame. Can't get the filter on. Another issue I am seeing is if the filter were to fit on the carb. The air box would have to be removed or modified. The stock air box actually holds the battery in. Can't even get the seat off for better space to work, the center bolt and nut just spin preventing seat removal, i am biting my tongue of how I really feel about this kit and the support that has been lacking with it. They keep saying they will post a video. At this point I am ready to throw this kit into the garbage and sell this f...... motorcycle.

JerryHawk250
11-23-2022, 02:42 PM
Personally i would just put the stock carb back on and change the main jet. The stock carb is a PZ30B which has the accelerator pump. My Ghost ran perfect with it.

Rich1374670x
11-25-2022, 08:56 PM
Personally i would just put the stock carb back on and change the main jet. The stock carb is a PZ30B which has the accelerator pump. My Ghost ran perfect with it.

What are you using for your main jet? What elevation are you?

JerryHawk250
11-25-2022, 09:15 PM
What are you using for your main jet? What elevation are you?
I'm at sea level running a 105 main jet.

zpapa2309
12-12-2022, 04:40 PM
I am going back and forth with Venom right now. I bought this "kit" and it has been one issue after another. Have not even had a chance to tune it. Intake manifold that was sent, the holes didn't line up, had to bore the holes bigger to get two bolts from manifold to head. After boring the holes I could mount the intake, now the carb hits the frame. Can't get the filter on. Another issue I am seeing is if the filter were to fit on the carb. The air box would have to be removed or modified. The stock air box actually holds the battery in. Can't even get the seat off for better space to work, the center bolt and nut just spin preventing seat removal, i am biting my tongue of how I really feel about this kit and the support that has been lacking with it. They keep saying they will post a video. At this point I am ready to throw this kit into the garbage and sell this f...... motorcycle.

Any luck with this?

buzz
12-13-2022, 09:57 PM
What Jerry said.

Cmmoore72
05-22-2023, 04:13 PM
Does anyone have a link to the main jet your talking about. I was thinking of buying the carb upgrade from Venom to but now I'm interested in the new jets. Thanks

flatlandsouth82
05-22-2023, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=Rich1374670x;386092]I installed the kit they sell on Venom's website for the ghost. Upon inspection the intake is two pieces on the website and I was sent a one piece. The intake sent the car hits the frame rail..
Yeah buddy they did the same thing to me . Venom gets a 1star and a scam review from me. They have literally been the embodiment of a bad company.

flatlandsouth82
05-22-2023, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Rich1374670x;386092]I installed the kit they sell on Venom's website for the ghost. Upon inspection the intake is two pieces on the website and I was sent a one piece. The intake sent the car hits the frame rail..
Yeah buddy they did the same thing to me . Venom gets a 1star and a scam review from me. They have literally been the embodiment of a bad company.

Ive about got mine all worked out ill shoot ya a message with info when im done

Cmmoore72
06-20-2023, 02:13 PM

When you put in new jet did you have to adjust anything on the carb or is it justice the new main jet in and automatically ready to ride? Does the black panels just pop off with a screwdriver to get to the carb? Would you do carb jet or take out the catalytic converter first?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to learn as much as I can because I want to do all the work myself.
Thanks

Cmmoore72
10-30-2023, 04:26 PM
How many mph did everyone increase after changing jet out?

JerryHawk250
10-30-2023, 05:24 PM
How many mph did everyone increase after changing jet out? You only gain a few mph with proper jetting. The real increase of speed will be from changing the rear sprocket from a 45 tooth to a 36 tooth. The bike comes too low geared for street.

Cmmoore72
11-02-2023, 08:59 PM
Right now with the new sprocket and removing the catalytic converter the fastest I've been able to go is 69 mph. I was really hoping if I changed the jet I could get up to 75 to 80.