PDA

View Full Version : SG250 (CSC Motorcycle) Zongshen - Sprocket Upgrade

Ratboy859
11-24-2022, 05:13 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! A sunny and pleasant day in NC. I did the front sprocket and chain upgrade on the SG250. Less than an hour to remove and replace the old front sprocket and chain. After putting things together, I'm also thinking that I might want to take a link out in the future. I'm at the hairy edge of the adjusters. NOW, the best part - 3rd gear and 24 mph (indicated) in the neighborhood at about 4,000 rpm (indicated). The SG250 runs much smoother with this upgrade. I did get her up to 60 mph briefly - still breaking the engine in and being varied with the throttle. Highly recommended upgrade.

Coming out of the neighborhood, I got into 5th gear a little early (about 4,000 rpm) and tried to climb the hill (street, 35 mph zone) and she struggled. Dropped her into 4th and we made progress. Granted, I know it's a 250 cc engine that works best around 7,000 rpm. I was just trying to figure out sweet spots for riding. Again, the SG250 is still impressing me.

CheapThrills
11-26-2022, 04:29 PM
Must be missing it, what is the stock tooth size and the new upgrade size?

Ratboy859
11-27-2022, 06:41 PM
Must be missing it, what is the stock tooth size and the new upgrade size?
Sorry about that 16 tooth front sprocket (Upgraded). It was (old) a 15 tooth. It was just enough to move the curve for speed. Per the CSC Motorcycle website, the 17 tooth sprocket WILL NOT fit the SG250.