PDA

View Full Version : New in Vt

jgurney
11-30-2022, 09:20 AM
I'm just getting back into bikes, and looking for my first dual sport. I do have street bike experience. I was looking at a klx300 or drz400, then stumbled upon the chinese bikes. I see there are people here posting about registering in Vt, so I know there are at least a couple around. Any information, or opinions on which bikes to look at, or the process in Vermont would be great!

JerryHawk250
11-30-2022, 09:31 AM
Welcome aboard! You don't have to worry about going through VT if you buy a bike that is street legal and EPA approved for street use. The Lifan KPX 250 is just as good or better than the KLX230. Unless you live in California you can get registered an tagged in all the rest of the states.
One of the best dealers you can buy from is Venom Motorsports. You can check out some of my videos in the like below in my signature. There are other bikes out there like the Brozz 250, CSC TT250, Hawk DXL and Xpect 200 that are also street legal. The KPX will have roughly 5HP more, EFI and 6 speed transmission.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/products/venom-kpx250-250cc-dual-sport-motorcycle-fuel-injected-street-legal

herbie
11-30-2022, 09:44 AM
Hello from Illinois! I agree with Jerry, the KPX would be worth looking into, the Klx 300 and Drz 400 would have a lot more power but you’ll like the price on the KPX and at 20hp it’s no slouch. Good luck with your search and welcome!!