PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Installed (SG2500

Ratboy859
12-09-2022, 06:29 AM
My son was discussing the 'wind in the chest' riding of the SG250. I've been riding with windshields for nearly 15 years. I have taken them off my bikes for a quick ride and noticed the difference. We ordered this one from CSC Motorcycles and hoped for the best. We got the best. This windshield is NOT a plug and play installation.

The instructions are basic for installations, but you've got a MILLION combinations to work work on this particular installation. Seriously. Had a second set of hands to hold things in place. You could also use soft towels or Styrofoam blocks to hold it in place. No matter what - take your time.
I got it in place and tighten up. A quick 10 mile ride and the windshield blocks the wind in the chest. As for buffeting, I didn't feel any, but again, I'm 6'1" and my son is 5'9" and may feel differently. Overall, worth the price. One complete kit to add some riding comfort.

On my bikes, there was always a gap between the headlight and the windshield (about 1.5 inches), I did the same here. I don't have a wind tunnel to perform a long term test, but Youngest Son and I will keep tweaking to refine the ride.

JerryHawk250
12-09-2022, 07:27 AM
Windshield looks Good! :tup: I had that same windshield on my Venom Ghost 250.

wheelbender6
12-10-2022, 01:51 PM
For me, the windshield is a must for the cooler months.

JerryHawk250
12-10-2022, 02:28 PM
The design of the windshield mounts also make it easy to remove for the summer time too. I only used mine for the winter months.