PDA

View Full Version : Boom Vader emissions question

boomrider
12-30-2022, 11:24 PM
I could not get my plastics off because of an awkwardly placed screw underneath the seat that couldn't be removed. I wanted to remove emissions though, so at the information of a youtube video I watched, the fella said to wiggle the charcoal canister and pull it out. Wiggling was an understatement, but I eventually snatched it out. Is there anything that I need to connect/disconnect after doing this? I left everything as-is after pulling the emissions off so I don't know if I need to connect the hoses that came off somewhere. Thanks so much.

Hunt

Deckard_Cain
12-31-2022, 01:52 PM
Any lines that were previously connected to something, need to be blocked off or plugged.

If you can post up some pictures of what you have now.. I can tell you what to do. I removed the emissions on my vader so I know what goes where and whatnot.

You'll have the exhaust recirculation tube that will need to be capped off or a block off plate installed as well.

CheapThrills
12-31-2022, 06:59 PM
A lot of the 'emissions' items fell off while doing my carb upgrade. I plugged the exhaust tubing with some epoxy putty.

https://mymotorcycleblog.com/boom-vader-carb-upgrade-125cc-grom-clone/

HTH,

4T_Goblin
01-01-2023, 12:17 PM
Get an EGR block off plate and you'll be OK. Plug the air inlet on your stock manifold.