PDA

View Full Version : First Ride of the Year

Ratboy859
01-06-2023, 05:41 PM
Update: 5 January 2023 - First Ride of the Year!

The weather in NC/SC was cooperative! My wife, Nick (my son) and I came back from a vacation in the UK. Nick and I made a plan (while Mom was at work) to take a morning ride and grab some breakfast. As a reminder, there is a front sprocket upgrade and we installed the mini-windshield. We stopped at a local Mom/Pop eatery on Route 321 (in Sharon, NC). We enjoyed the Mexican Omelet (with taco meat and jalapenos - very spicy) and chatted about the first 25 miles of the year. We finished off breakfast and headed for another 50 miles of riding with mild temperatures and plenty of sunshine. I think the motorcycle bug has taken hold! He is now checking weather and temps for riding opportunities.

We also changed the oil at 200 miles for the little Zongshen bike and we are now at 275. The plan is to change it again at 500 miles. Nick is keeping up with me during the rides. We compared the speedometer afterwards. I said that with him I only ride 5 mph over the limit. He said at times got to 72 mph (indicated), but the fastest roads were only 60 mph (legal) and hence my cruise control was set at 65 mph. He is learning about his bike - like all of us riders