PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Getting A Valve Job

cheesy
01-08-2023, 05:33 PM
Looks like my Dad is going to be having a heart valve replaced. We'll know more in a month. His new cardiologist is first putting him on a diet and exercise regimen for a guy pushing 90, then we'll see.

I guess the valve replacement is now done without cracking open the chest. In one day, out the next. Weird thing is, it was my brothers' company that designed the equipment to do the minimally invasive surgery. No wonder the guy retired with millions.

2LZ
01-08-2023, 09:59 PM
It's amazing what they can do these days. I got a leaky valve. It just depends on how much it's leaking. So far, apparently I'm good. Some day....
Good luck with dad. He'll have more "wind" when they replace it.

cheesy
04-22-2023, 11:15 AM
My Dad had his valve replacement surgery on Thursday and is back home. He says he's feeling pretty good. I'm heading up that way on Monday to spell my brother for a few days.

Fast_Freddy
04-22-2023, 05:18 PM
My dad turned 90 this year and needs a new valve too. The TAVR procedure is a real life saver for someone his age. A small incision in the groin is all it takes. The new valve is pushed through the old valve and expanded similar to a stent. Thank your brother for us.

cheesy
04-30-2023, 01:55 PM
Last week was a workout for me, partly making Dad sit still. After cutting up all his deadfall from the buttload of winter storms they had up north, I gave in and let him run the front end loader while I loaded the bucket. We ended up with about a half cord of white pine that we delivered to my sister. I ended up with a down vest with so much pine sap on it that it may now be waterproof.:hehe:

Also while I was up north, I taught Dad how to copy & paste so he could forward all his followup appointments to my brother and sister.

Speaking of which, at his appointment last Friday he was shown a video of the procedure and how it all happened at the valve. He was telling my brother about the whole enchilada and my brother says, "Yup, we designed all the equipment and software for the procedure." To which our Dad replied, "Wow, this from the same guy that can't remember to tighten the lugnuts on his truck when he rotates tires."

Dad is never going to let him for get that.:lmao: