PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler

Jonny
01-12-2023, 03:07 PM
I have thought intensely about adding one but dislike adding extra oil as well as the risk of equipment failure, then I had a brighter idea.
The right design oil cooler for your engine's fins, a radiator fluid reservoir and an electric oil pump.
Strap one on each side of the engine fins with the fluid on a time cycle with whatever control scheme you decide on.

With all this said, I may even just use copper tubing wrapped myself or another material that can effectively withstand and dissipate the heat tied to the same scheme described above. I see no reason to pursue more power than I already have but may add a turbo to my exhaust at some point.
This is a much better option than what it requires installing it on your intake.

tknj99
01-12-2023, 04:40 PM
Its not necessary, i removed from my Brozz after a year or so when i found a small leak developing.. plus it never allowed for a full drain. Never have had any overheating from any of the China bikes ive owned

Jonny
01-14-2023, 10:57 PM
For longevity of the engine's internal parts, I have desired to add cooling systems since I bought my 250 X-Motos dirt bike. They have never overheated and shutdown, but the heat that pours off of them is absolutely brutal. I would like to avoid every having to rebuild one or pull it apart to start replacing seals, gasket etc.

Anyway, after a lot of thought and consideration, I will wait until spring and just do a copper pipe wrap on it. The easiest way to go about it is building a heat pipe cooler that have performed great for my CPU's. Aluminum project boxes aren't expensive and won't be hard to seal.
Just like with a CPU, the chemical reaction to heating and cooling cycles it without needing to add a pump and reservoir. It won't be difficult or expensive to build. The one thing I'm not sure about with this design is if oil will perform better than antifreeze.