PDA

View Full Version : Lycan 250cc throttle touchy

Davidjek
01-28-2023, 04:31 PM
In first gear if I let off on the throttle quickly and then apply some throttle the bike jerks. Does anybody know how to make the throttle tamer?

Fast_Freddy
01-28-2023, 04:48 PM
In first gear if I let off on the throttle quickly and then apply some throttle the bike jerks. Does anybody know how to make the throttle tamer?

Often what you're describing is caused by drivetrain slack. Check that your chain is properly tensioned. You might also try loosening the throttle cable a bit. GL

Davidjek
01-29-2023, 02:29 AM
I have the Lycan 250cc and I have the same problem. Searching throughout the internet a bunch of replys say that there is too much slack in the throttle. I checked the manual and the slack should only be 2 to 6 mm for the bike. I will also check the slack in the drive chain. I found a couple of things that need readjustment. I guess they just slap the bikes together.

buzz
01-30-2023, 12:58 PM
You got it,the faster built. Will make more money,China thing.

Davidjek
02-09-2023, 07:36 PM
After adjusting the slack in the throttle I can start in first gear from a dead stop with no jerking. When I shift from 1st to 2nd and letting out the clutch it has some jerking. Not much but still not smooth. Is it just me? Do I have to get used to it? I had a Honda Goldwing and there was no jerking.